BlueIris Indigo Plugin

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:25 pm
Professor Falken offline

Re: BlueIris Indigo Plugin

Think I have the animate gifs working.

I'm using the better email plugin to email them to me (gmail to gmail)

I think I need to tweak the settings better when there is some actual motion to capture. Right now all is still outside. I'm pretty sure there are animated gifs being created and sent, as you can see subtle texture differences frame to frame in my driveway (more when viewed on the computer than on my phone). Oddly though, the onscreen clock doesn't advance. I'm wondering if this might have to do with the GIF compression?

Will have to keep messing with the options., and test when the family is moving around outside tomorrow. This is a great addition, thanks.

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:27 pm
GlennNZ offline

Professor Falken wrote:
Think I have the animate gifs working.

I'm using the better email plugin to email them to me (gmail to gmail)

I think I need to tweak the settings better when there is some actual motion to capture. Right now all is still outside. I'm pretty sure there are animated gifs being created and sent, as you can see subtle texture differences frame to frame in my driveway (more when viewed on the computer than on my phone). Oddly though, the onscreen clock doesn't advance. I'm wondering if this might have to do with the GIF compression?

Will have to keep messing with the options., and test when the family is moving around outside tomorrow. This is a great addition, thanks.

The clock should definitely advance - certainly does in mine. Check the time setting - this is over how long the gif is captured. Ideally 10 seconds or so (it captures 15 images in total) so with that should see some clock change. May also depend on email client as to whether animated gifs are displayed.

G

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:43 pm
Professor Falken offline

The clock should definitely advance - certainly does in mine. Check the time setting - this is over how long the gif is captured. Ideally 10 seconds or so (it captures 15 images in total) so with that should see some clock change. May also depend on email client as to whether animated gifs are displayed.

yeah, I'm set to 10 seconds also.

When viewed on a computer browser, the attached gif file does show 1 one-second advance of the on-screen clock. It seems to be a little more twitchy on my phone.

When I check the actual created file in the indigo folder, the 15 images similarly only show a 1 second advance. Actually, it advances by 1 sec, then a few frames later in the sequence goes back?!?

I'll look at it more tomorrow.

Thanks for all of your help both writing and troubleshooting this great plugin.

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:58 am
CliveS offline

Glenn,

Not only do you have the hard job of coding this excellent plugin but have to debug my version of Blue Iris!!!

Yes the 'Highsteads login page' was what came up before I changed the Web Server Advanced Settings to how you have yours, and now it looks a lot better (try setting yours to the way I had it, looks completely different after you login)

It now save .jpg (and .gif) files instead of 'html gifs' and I now have the animated gif as well , just amazed that Apple has not included animated gifs as standard in the Preview app when Safari works fine showing them.

Thanks Glenn

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:09 am
GlennNZ offline

BlueIris Indigo Plugin

CliveS wrote:
Glenn,

Not only do you have the hard job of coding this excellent plugin but have to debug my version of Blue Iris!!!
It now save .jpg (and .gif) files instead of 'html gifs' and I now have the animated gif as well , just amazed that Apple has not included animated gifs as standard in the Preview app when Safari works fine showing them.

Thanks Glenn

No problem and you are welcome!

Professor Falken - above has detected a flaw in the ordering of the Animated gifs - think I was so happy was animated gif was moving --wasn't that fussed/didn't notice the beginning and end wasn’t right.
Found one, and then two issues around the sorting of files - which fixing now.... then found a silly self.url usage which fixed.

Expect a 0.7.0 soon which can (hopefully) only can get better!
Last edited by GlennNZ on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:37 am
GlennNZ offline

Up, now - please upgrade...
https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin ... /tag/0.7.0

- Few silly, but major bugs found and squashed

- Fix ordering of Animated Gif order and fixed possibility of wrong camera
- Change to some of logging.
- Renumbering of saved files to 100-115 to avoid logic sorting issues
- Deleting tmp files on startup / to avoid upgrade issues

Thanks for the feedback! (let it continue)

Glenn

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:16 am
CliveS offline

GlennNZ wrote:

Up, now - please upgrade...
https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin ... /tag/0.7.0

Thanks for the feedback! (let it continue)

Glenn

Upgraded and ...... well it just works :D

Setup a trigger to send my Front_Door.jpg via Pushover and over 5 attempts it is averaging 7 seconds from trigger to Pushover with attachment, well pleased with that. Looked at the Pushover site to see if they allow gif files to be sent but they only mention jpg.

They did have a python script and a 5 line curl script to send attachments but not sure if that would speed up the process or could be added to the plugin or best left to the pushover plugin which is also getting some love at present.

Now I just wait for next door's cat to make an appearance and send a real trigger so I can see if it is fast enough to capture him on the prowl.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:58 am
autolog offline

I am trying this out :)

I have got a 64bit Windows 10 VM running on the same iMac as Indigo.
I have installed BlueIris Demo and configured my cameras OK.

I am just trying to follow the instructions for installing CURL but am not sure as to which particular flavour of Windows I am meant to be selecting for the CURL download? :?

Any pointers would be much appreciated :)

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:13 am
Professor Falken offline

Does anyone know if BI considers an alert "cleared" after it has communicated with the Indigo server?

I configured the new beta version last night (0.6.0, haven't yet installed 0.7.0). Things are working well. But I notice that when I open the BI app on my phone, I don't have any unaddressed alerts (no little yield signs). But there are a bunch of them that I can scroll back thru in there, it's just that BI seems to be considering them to have already been reviewed.

This isn't a big deal-- I'm planning on letting Indigo handle telling me when something is important, then just going into the BI system when I want to do some significant review of saved video. So it's not like I need to know I have 300 unreviewed alerts or something.

But it was a new behavior that I figured I'd ask about.

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:15 am
neilk offline

Jon,
If you use the latest version described http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=269&t=20214 you don't need curl. Glenn built in an http server so the digest authentication issue goes away, it also allowed him to simplify and also react when BI also ends the trigger.
Happy to help if you come across any other issues given all you do for us.
Thanks,
Neil
Last edited by neilk on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:18 am
neilk offline

Looked at the Pushover site to see if they allow gif files to be sent but they only mention jpg

They do allow them to send, but certainly in the IOS clients they only render the first frame so it rather defeats the object :D It is fine in the desktop client, but as someone else said I am not sure anyone uses that.

The script works fine, I added it to a trigger and I also noticed that the plugin has also added the image feature now but I haven't look at it.

Neil

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:35 am
autolog offline

Hi Neil,
neilk wrote:
Jon,
If you use the latest version described http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=269&t=20214 you don't need curl. Glenn built in an http server so the digest authentication issue goes away, it also allowed him to simplify and also react when BI also ends the trigger.
Happy to help if you come across any other issues given all you do for us.
Thanks,
Neil

Thanks for that - I was reading the Github wiki which I guess hasn't quite caught up yet with the latest changes - quite understandable. :D

I was using the demo version and thought the CPU was a bit high. Looked at the ipcamtalk forum and discovered this is a feature of the demo version. Now have the full licensed version and the CPU has dropped to about 20% :)

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:47 pm
GlennNZ offline

BlueIris Indigo Plugin

autolog wrote:
I am trying this out

I have got a 64bit Windows 10 VM running on the same iMac as Indigo.
I have installed BlueIris Demo and configured my cameras OK.

I am just trying to follow the instructions for installing CURL but am not sure as to which particular flavour of Windows I am meant to be selecting for the CURL download?

Any pointers would be much appreciated :)

Hi Jon,
Use the server beta version of plugin - doesn’t need curl, or much else all going well!. See I’m a bit late with my reply - thanks all!

But in the server branch on github the Readme is updated.
Here:
https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin ... /README.md

Happy this brand is good and will merge soon and make default

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by GlennNZ on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:16 pm
GlennNZ offline

Professor Falken wrote:
Does anyone know if BI considers an alert "cleared" after it has communicated with the Indigo server?

I configured the new beta version last night (0.6.0, haven't yet installed 0.7.0). Things are working well.

Do upgrade to 0.7.0 - no major change - but a few bug fixes. Including the ordering of gifs as spotted by you!

Professor Falken wrote:
But I notice that when I open the BI app on my phone, I don't have any unaddressed alerts (no little yield signs). But there are a bunch of them that I can scroll back thru in there, it's just that BI seems to be considering them to have already been reviewed.

Haven’t checked extensively - but would be surprised if plugin has changed this behaviour, given the nature of triggering (web alert sent only)Check you Alert settings in BlueIris?
(my alert numbers still going up in Blue Iris)

Glenn

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:08 pm
Professor Falken offline

Upgraded.

Generated gifs generating perfectly.

For some reason the gmail iphone app won't play them, but they are generating and sending, because they load fine in a browser (Chrome) window. I may experiment with having an iMessage send them. I wonder if I can get my Indigo install its own imessage account?

But seems to be working great.

The speed of development on the plugin has been phenomenal.

Page 7 of 11 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11