Somfy MyLink WIFI-RTS plugin

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:43 am
fishmg01 offline

Somfy MyLink WIFI-RTS plugin

Hi All,
I have the Somfy MyLink WIFI - RTS bridge controlling some Somfy shades. I see there's only a plugin for the Z-wave - RTS bridge out there and wondering if anything has created a plugin that might work. Somfy has sent me the API for the device if that helps.

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:21 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Somfy MyLink WIFI-RTS plugin

I looked at the API docs for Somfy, and some other sources, and it's definitely possible to write a plugin for them. Without a dedicated plugin, it could be done using the Cynical Network plugin and a TCP Out device. And a TCP In for status. It's JSON formatted strings sent via socket writes to a specific port on the device's IP address.

I don't have any of these devices, so I'm not particularly motivated to write a plugin. But if there's enough demand I might consider it.

Some discussion here: https://community.smartthings.com/t/somfy-mylink/81197

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu May 03, 2018 8:50 am
norcoscia offline

Hi Joe, I just ordered an awning and it will come with a Somfy motor w/ RTS interface. I have been trying to track down the current version (or any version) of Somfy Synergy API. Do you have one?

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 6:01 am
FlyingDiver offline

No, I didn’t save it. I found it from links in the thread above or a web search.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 6:27 am
norcoscia offline

OK, thanks Joe - that gives me some hope - looked for 4 hours and could not find it - plus messages to Somfy and calling did not get me one. Ill keep looking...

If I had any USB ports left of my Indigo Mac I might try your RFPlayer Plug-in - I have everything else working great and from what I have read here on the forum, the Z-Wave and Insteon interfaces don't like hubs.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 6:28 am
FlyingDiver offline

I use a hub for my zwave interface. No issues.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 6:32 am
norcoscia offline

Thanks - it might come down to doing that -- good to know you don't have any issues using a hub on your Z-Wave interface - thanks again Joe, for your help and all your great plug-ins :D

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sat May 05, 2018 1:06 am
howartp offline

If you find the API, please post link here.

It might be something I take a look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:12 pm
fishmg01 offline

norcoscia wrote:
OK, thanks Joe - that gives me some hope - looked for 4 hours and could not find it - plus messages to Somfy and calling did not get me one. Ill keep looking...

If I had any USB ports left of my Indigo Mac I might try your RFPlayer Plug-in - I have everything else working great and from what I have read here on the forum, the Z-Wave and Insteon interfaces don't like hubs.

I have a file I got from Somfy called Integration_API_Rev19.pdf if thats helpful.

Posted on
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:03 am
howartp offline

Cab you pm me it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:06 am
norcoscia offline

I received two docs from Somfy (see below) I sent you a PM howartp a while ago but never heard back - The person that gave them to me said do not post and there is some language in them which says that too.

If you are interested let me know..

Norm
Attachments
2018-06-07_05-03-07.jpeg
2018-06-07_05-03-07.jpeg (12.52 KiB) Viewed 3463 times

_______
Norm

Page 1 of 1