HomePod not controlling HBB Devices :(

Posted on
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:26 pm
malencar offline

HomePod not controlling HBB Devices :(

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that after receiving my two HomePods and trying to control my 50+ devices I can report that the HomePod can control all my non-HBB devices (official HomeKit devices like Hue Lights) but it says "some of your devices are not responding" to all my HBB-controlled devices.

The HBB-controlled devices all show up in the home app and can be controlled by my iPhone, Apple Watch and Apple TVs. Only the HomePod can't find them.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Cheers,

Mauro

Posted on
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:30 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomePod not controlling HBB Devices :(

Works for me. There's no reason why it would work on your phone and tablet and not work on HomePod, it's all the same HomeKit database.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:35 pm
malencar offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Works for me. There's no reason why it would work on your phone and tablet and not work on HomePod, it's all the same HomeKit database.

I'm befuddled then.
Everything is setup fine and, as I said, it does control my Philips Hue Lights but not the HBB ones.

Do you have any idea what could be going on?

Thanks

Mauro

Posted on
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:37 pm
Different Computers offline

Also all working for me.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:41 pm
malencar offline

Different Computers wrote:
Also all working for me.

This is really weird.
I can control everything through the Home App and through Siri in all my other devices, but neither of my two new HomePods can control my HBB devices.

Any suggestions about what could be going on/what to do?

Thanks in advance

Mauro

Posted on
Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:48 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I’m not sure what would cause that. Considering that they use the same HomeKit data and settings it doesn’t make sense. Try creating a second HBB server and adding it to see if those get recognized. Do you have multiple homes set up in HomeKit?

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:48 pm
malencar offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I’m not sure what would cause that. Considering that they use the same HomeKit data and settings it doesn’t make sense. Try creating a second HBB server and adding it to see if those get recognized. Do you have multiple homes set up in HomeKit?

No, only one home.

I’ll try creating a second HBB later tonight to see if it works.

Thanks

Mauro

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:44 am
malencar offline

Tried the second HBB server but it didn't work.
I am at a complete loss...

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:10 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

There's too many factors for it to be an easy solution. HBB is not in the equation in my mind because if it works in iOS then it works. I still want to think that you have a second home - or a second iCloud account with a different home setup. The reason why I think this:

• HBB devices work but just not on your HomePod yet the HomePod uses the exact HomeKit database as every iOS device and in the same way, this makes zero sense
  • When you set up the HomePod it uses your phone to autoconfig and also asks you to log in, I noticed that when I did this I almost used my secondary iCloud account, in which case I would have not been linked up
  • If you have the Hue app on your phone then it will talk to HomeKit directly to sync up, it is possible that if you selected a different iCloud account that the Hue app linked your Hues to that HomeKit as well and that's why your Hue's work - but this is speculation

In the end several folks have stated that their HBB devices are working with HomePod so this isn't an HBB issue. As for what else to recommend I am at a loss but one thing you could try is just wiping out your entire HomeKit setup and starting over - however if a second HBB server didn't do the trick then that likely won't either. When you created the 2nd HBB server you did add it to HomeKit and you were able to test it on the iOS devices right? Do you have a 2nd iCloud account - maybe an account that is different between your "iCloud" account and your "iTunes iCloud account"?

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:25 pm
Parp offline

Seems to be working well for me. The only minor snag for me is that Nest Home does not seem to raise the temperature when I ask it to. Probably a Nest Home plugin issue.

I LOVE the new HomePod. It sounds great!

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 pm
malencar offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
There's too many factors for it to be an easy solution. HBB is not in the equation in my mind because if it works in iOS then it works. I still want to think that you have a second home - or a second iCloud account with a different home setup. The reason why I think this:

• HBB devices work but just not on your HomePod yet the HomePod uses the exact HomeKit database as every iOS device and in the same way, this makes zero sense
  • When you set up the HomePod it uses your phone to autoconfig and also asks you to log in, I noticed that when I did this I almost used my secondary iCloud account, in which case I would have not been linked up
  • If you have the Hue app on your phone then it will talk to HomeKit directly to sync up, it is possible that if you selected a different iCloud account that the Hue app linked your Hues to that HomeKit as well and that's why your Hue's work - but this is speculation

In the end several folks have stated that their HBB devices are working with HomePod so this isn't an HBB issue. As for what else to recommend I am at a loss but one thing you could try is just wiping out your entire HomeKit setup and starting over - however if a second HBB server didn't do the trick then that likely won't either. When you created the 2nd HBB server you did add it to HomeKit and you were able to test it on the iOS devices right? Do you have a 2nd iCloud account - maybe an account that is different between your "iCloud" account and your "iTunes iCloud account"?

I only use one iCloud account.
I don't know if this helps identify the issue but, unlike with the other iOS devices that work, when I ask the HomePod to control one of the lights nothing even appears in the log in Indigo.

Like, when I use the AppleTV remote and say "Turn off the office light" I see the following activity in the Indigo log:

Feb 13, 2018, 8:12:34 PM
WebServer request to turn on device "Office Light" from 127.0.0.1
Sent INSTEON "Office Light" on to 100

But when I do it from the HomePods nothing happens.

Any insights?

Thank you

Mauro

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:21 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Not surprised as you’ve already stated it’s not working. This is a HomeKit issue then, I have no suggestions.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:38 am
HAupgrade offline

I have had no issues assuming the switches (lights) you’re trying to control are Insteon as that’s all I have and there’s nearly double the devices you state. That being said, you may want to look into how your HomeKit setup and Apple ID are setup. This much more likely an Apple ID syncs with iCloud issue. Just a hunch.

Page 1 of 1