Can't make a fan look like a fan

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:34 pm
MattDinOC offline

Can't make a fan look like a fan

So I've got HBB working quite nicely, with just a couple of annoyances that I'd love to get resolved. Making a separate post for each of them.

I have 3 fans in my Indigo setup that I would like to look like fans in the Home app. But they only show up with the light/lamp icon in Home. I have tried flagging them as "treat as a fan" in the HBB setup, but after reloading the plugin, they still only can take a lamp icon in Home. How can I get them to use a fan icon instead?

Thanks,
Matt

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:36 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Can't make a fan look like a fan

Yes, that's one of the limitations of HBB, the Homebridge it uses is limited to just a few device types and fan isn't one of them. The new HomeKit Bridge supports all HomeKit device types including fans - it's actually one of the first options I built for the beta because I wanted the same as you and I was blown away by the animated fan running at actual speed. Very cool. You'll have to wait though, can't do it in HBB and HKB is at least several weeks from open beta.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:41 pm
rehafer offline

My workaround is I set the fans as ‘Treat as Switch ‘ in HBB and then exit them in the Home app to be a fan. Works fine for small desk fans that only have one speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:47 pm
MattDinOC offline

Cool, thanks! I thought I must be missing something. :) I'll do the switch option for now since they are single-speed, and will look forward to having "real" fans down the road!

Matt

Page 1 of 1