Edit Control Page - image filename sorting not working

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:35 am
kennybroh offline

Re: Edit Control Page - image filename sorting not working

I did quit the client app, but it didn’t make any difference. I didn’t want to restart the server because it was not a good time to do that. I will try that today, however.

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:47 pm
WouterK offline

Hi,

I am having the same issue. A restart of the server and client does not solve this.

- Running macOS Version 10.13.3
- APFS volume case-insensitive
- IndigoDomo Version 7.1.1.
- 567 devices images
- 132 static images
- 44 variable images
- No 3rd party UI enhancers
- can not figure out what the sort order could be

Regards,
Wouter

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:16 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Wouter,

Are you referring to Indigo Touch (iOS app)? If so, there is a button on the settings (gear icon) panel for clearing the cache.

Update: Ignore my post above. I had my wires crossed with another forum thread. :mrgreen:

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:24 pm
kennybroh offline

That's not what I was referring to. The proper image appears on Indigo Touch. The issue is with the server. The old image appears in the control page designer regardless of the fact that the old image was deleted from the image folder.

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:25 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

kennybroh wrote:
That's not what I was referring to. The proper image appears on Indigo Touch. The issue is with the server. The old image appears in the control page designer regardless of the fact that the old image was deleted from the image folder.

Yeah, I think the Indigo Server restart will get it updated for you. We obviously need to make Indigo's caching algorithm more intelligent.

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:30 pm
WouterK offline

Hi,

A restart of the server does nog solve the sorting issue.

Posted on
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:36 pm
srkinard offline

Any thoughts on this? I was making some edits since I got a new iPad and was creating a Retina-resolution page and the random order of the files made it such a pain I just gave up on the new pages and I'm still using previously designed pages I have.

I've rebooted the server many times and it doesn't solve anything. When adding new images in they appear randomly in the list. I can't find any pattern as to how/why they appear where they do.

Thanks
Ross

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:56 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Ross,

Yes, the sorting problem will be fixed in an upcoming release.

Posted on
Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:52 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7.2.0 is now available for download and has the sorting problem fixed.

Posted on
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:50 pm
vitaprimo offline

How do users who didn't move to the subscription versions get it?

I mean, this is just a bug fix--right? Not a new feature. And, Control Pages is among if not the main reasons why you'd get Indigo Pro vs the lower device count one. So it's not nothing. Are there at least instructions* to fix it ourselves published somewhere?

*: with tools, e.g; the same IDE, compiler, and not leaving huge gaps to sort out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// SIDENOTE FOR OTHERS WITH THE SAME ISSUE // As a temporary workaround, get Home Assistant the VM version, add the MQTT addon, get the Home Assistant plugin or one that does MQTT and link Indigo to HA, you don't have to use HA, you'll keep Indigo but use HA's already done modular UI "Lovelace" I believe, for control. If you get creative you can send back location to Indigo too... or add (also via MQTT) OpenHAB to the mix.

Home Assistant (the controller) is a different entity than Home Assistant OS, running under it on the VM, also different entities are "Mosquito" — (one of) its MQTT server(s) — and "Supervisor" which handles installation tasks and upkeep of all of these self-contained servers including itself. It can get confusing real fast, the good news is that HA (the controller) is preconfd for Mosquitto when you add it to it, you only have to assemble the pieces on Indigo's side.

If all of this is still too much, there's always the HomeKit protocol, which is direct communications among controllers and controllers and devices. Don't expect to be as deeply integrated or even compatible with Apple devices though but it should be enough and easier than attempting to design Control Pages where you have to sort through endless items out of order re-shuffled when you add more items to the list.

I'll bet you think this post is about you. Don't you. ♪

Posted on
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:06 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The only way to get this bug fix is by upgrading to Indigo 7.2 or newer. We stopped supporting Indigo 7.2 at the end of 2020. (note this thread is almost 4 years old), and even if we still provided support for it that would only be for critical bugs (which this is not).

Posted on
Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:57 am
vitaprimo offline

Yeah, I know. I don't know how I got here in the first place.

That said, today in the indigodomo.com homepage, it reads:
Control Pages are the primary way you interactively control Indigo. While triggers and schedules execute automatically by Indigo, you can use control pages (via Indigo Touch clients) to manually control your smart home. Our graphical designer allows you to create very complex and beautiful pages.

That seems important enough to be critical. As far as I'm concerned, I don't expect receiving updates eternally when I get software, just like when it came in boxes. Most of the time updates just bloat it, specially in SaaS since I think the motivation shifts into making that subscription look like its worth it (e.g; Microsoft Office), but provided Control Pages are the primary — not my words — way of controlling Indigo, at least a DIY-type guide should've been published.

I never got past initial version 7 because when things are hardwired into the walls, under and over the building, there's not much to upgrade after needs are met. The same would be true today, I don't need anything new, I only need what I should've gotten; usable Control Pages. I'm just grateful I found ways around it earlier but I'm sure it would've been nice for many of us getting that attention, and perhaps [although not in my case because of the reason I just gave] an incentive that would compel customers to upgrade if they felt like taken care of.

And I'm sorry for reviving this again. I was reviewing email and somehow got here…which is weird because it wasn't on my inbox.

I'll bet you think this post is about you. Don't you. ♪