New Plugin - NuVo Grand Concerto (and Essentia)

Posted on
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:39 pm
Vig offline

Re: New Plugin - NuVo Grand Concerto (and Essentia)

Swancoat wrote:
v2.0.2 posted with fix for Zone Device state.

Strange, cleaned out metadata but for some reason I still get the error below. Also I noticed the speakAnnouncement stopped working (error picture attached).
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 9.33.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 9.33.13 PM.png (118.58 KiB) Viewed 4891 times
Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 7.55.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 7.55.25 PM.png (429.22 KiB) Viewed 4891 times
Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 9.35.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 9.35.36 PM.png (48.94 KiB) Viewed 4891 times

Posted on
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:11 pm
Swancoat offline

So that first bug looks like the same one as the first round where some unusual characters or something are messing up the encoding. I added a Unicode-decode to the metadata, hopefully that helps.

Second one is related to the state reporting problem you mentioned earlier. Somewhere between getting rid of the two device types (or maybe the newer plugin API) the state was being treated more as a string than a boolean. That should be corrected now as well now.

(Both bugs seemed to trip on debug logging lines ironically).

Version 2.0.3 posted now.

http://nerdhome.jimdo.com

Posted on
Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:30 pm
Vig offline

Swancoat wrote:
So that first bug looks like the same one as the first round where some unusual characters or something are messing up the encoding. I added a Unicode-decode to the metadata, hopefully that helps.

Second one is related to the state reporting problem you mentioned earlier. Somewhere between getting rid of the two device types (or maybe the newer plugin API) the state was being treated more as a string than a boolean. That should be corrected now as well now.

(Both bugs seemed to trip on debug logging lines ironically).

Version 2.0.3 posted now.

thanks Swancoat , the Announcement now works but it used to go back to the original source after playing it which is not the case any longer.
Also, the boolean error now is being reported at the line 732 and 655... :)

NuVo Grand Concerto Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 732, in speakAnnouncement
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, bool found

File "plugin.py", line 655, in setZoneSource
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'

Posted on
Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:41 pm
Swancoat offline

v2.0.4 posted.

I assure you I DID test this thing before just throwing it into the plugin store! My wife uses Airplay all the time and we never uncovered these bugs.

Announcement wasn't resetting the source because the Unicode/bool error interrupted the process before it got there. Fixed now. Hopefully that's the last of the bool issues (I went through the rest of the plugin quickly, but didn't find any more).

I was unable to find any issue with the setZoneSource action, and couldn't replicate the error. I did realize though, that since the plugin now has Zone and Source devices, that filtering those actions down to Zone source would be useful, and so I made that change as well.

Hopefully this thing's getting ironed out!

Posted on
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:25 pm
Vig offline

Swancoat wrote:
v2.0.4 posted.

Something else appeared, this one is different.
Should I recreate my devices?

File "plugin.py", line 655, in setZoneSource
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'

Posted on
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:56 pm
Vig offline

Swancoat wrote:
v2.0.4 posted.

Also, PREV/NEXT nor working - I get "DACP Remote Port not available ..." when doing PRE/NEXT on keypad. Any idea what could be wrong? Sorry to be a pest )

NuVo Grand Concerto PREV button pressed on NuVo Basement - Zone3 keypad.
NuVo Grand Concerto DACP Remote Port not available for NuVo - Source - Orion

Posted on
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:09 pm
Swancoat offline

Hmmm, that could be two things. Seems like it's not an error, but that the plugin just isn't getting it from Shairport Sync.

Has the source been continuously connected to Shairport Sync? The DACP data only gets transmitted to the NuVo plugin when a source connects, so even though you may stay connected to the Shairport Sync if you reload the NuVo plugin it loses that data. Just disconnect the audio source and reconnect. Or try a different source (computer, iPhone).

It's likely that you've done that. You can see if Shairport Sync has the data itself. There are actions in that plugin to also issue PREV or NEXT. See if you can do it from the Shairport Sync plugin.

If you can't do it from there either, check if you're running the latest version of Shairport Sync on your Pi or whatever it's running on. I did have an issue when I was developing this where the DACP port just wasn't showing up in Shairport Sync, but the developer issued a bug fix for that.

Posted on
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Vig offline

Swancoat wrote:
Hmmm, that could be two things. Seems like it's not an error, but that the plugin just isn't getting it from Shairport Sync.

Has the source been continuously connected to Shairport Sync? The DACP data only gets transmitted to the NuVo plugin when a source connects, so even though you may stay connected to the Shairport Sync if you reload the NuVo plugin it loses that data. Just disconnect the audio source and reconnect. Or try a different source (computer, iPhone).

It's likely that you've done that. You can see if Shairport Sync has the data itself. There are actions in that plugin to also issue PREV or NEXT. See if you can do it from the Shairport Sync plugin.

If you can't do it from there either, check if you're running the latest version of Shairport Sync on your Pi or whatever it's running on. I did have an issue when I was developing this where the DACP port just wasn't showing up in Shairport Sync, but the developer issued a bug fix for that.

Swancoat, thanks for the pointers. I am running Shairport Sync on my Mac (came as a package - latest version on their site), I tried on rPi and it does work. So I suppose the bug might still exist in the Mac distribution. I will contact the the developer.

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:14 pm
Vig offline

Swancoat wrote:

Encountered another one at lines 343 and 529:

NuVo Grand Concerto Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 343, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 529, in parseToServer
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xb4 in position 5: invalid start byte

Posted on
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:16 am
Swancoat offline

I've encountered this error as well (the very day after you posted this) but have been unable to replicate since. Still looking into it fyi.

Posted on
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:21 pm
Vig offline

I often get below errors (leaves NuVo unresponsive), it does come back to life after 10-15 minutes though. Any clue as what might be causing this?

-----
NuVo Grand Concerto Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 350, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/serial/serialposix.py", line 504, in write
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/serial/serialutil.py", line 72, in to_bytes
ValueError: byte must be in range(0, 256)

NuVo Grand Concerto Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:41 am
Swancoat offline

No clue really? Looks like it's referencing something inside the serial port module?

Are you connecting via serial or the Ethernet port?

Posted on
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:40 am
Vig offline

Swancoat wrote:
No clue really? Looks like it's referencing something inside the serial port module?

Are you connecting via serial or the Ethernet port?

It's via serial but the errors actually stopped appearing once I upgraded to the latest OS release and reinstalled the serial driver. I think you are correct this had something to do with serial port/driver. Thanks.