Issue with I/O linc Controller and Thermostat questin

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:02 am
sparky21 offline

Issue with I/O linc Controller and Thermostat questin

Hi. Love this app.
Two issues:

I have an I/O-Linc controller that should toggle on and off from the app (it works of from the IOS app), but the button has no affect from DomoPad Android. The on/off switch correctly changes status as the device is turned on and off, but I can't change the state from the app. Is this meant to be supported in the app?

In IOS the smart home thermostat status is displayed (Not only thermostat on/off, but if the heat or A/C is currently on). In Domopad, everything works, but it does not show whether the heat A/C is currently on or off. Is is possible to add this?

Big thanks!

Jeff

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:15 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Issue with I/O linc Controller and Thermostat questin

I have an I/O-Linc controller that should toggle on and off from the app (it works of from the IOS app), but the button has no affect from DomoPad Android. The on/off switch correctly changes status as the device is turned on and off, but I can't change the state from the app. Is this meant to be supported in the app?

Hi Jeff... I don't believe I have ever added support to that as it simply had never been requested before. I'll put it on the list to look at, though. You can get a temporary fix together with very little work -- create a small control page w/ just the buttons needed to control the I/O Linc. Then follow the directions here to assign the control page to the item. Then when clicking on the item it will popup. It isn't quite as fast as native support but it isn't bad either -- I used this for control of my speakers / zones in my receiver.

In IOS the smart home thermostat status is displayed (Not only thermostat on/off, but if the heat or A/C is currently on). In Domopad, everything works, but it does not show whether the heat A/C is currently on or off. Is is possible to add this?

Thermostats are supported and normally show fine -- would you mind posting a screenshot so that I can see how it is displayed on your device? Sounds like perhaps there is a bug that maybe on affects some devices (the display changes depending upon the capability of the device, in theory... wondering if something isn't quite right in there as I only have one thermostat so not much variety of testing on it!)

Hi. Love this app.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Adam

Posted on
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:46 am
sparky21 offline

Re: Issue with I/O linc Controller and Thermostat question

Thank you for the control page work-around. I set those up several years ago for lights, but never use them. I'll give that a try.

For the thermostat "state" display:

From the iphone app there are 3 distinct representations of thermostat state, both on the "devices" screen and the "detail" screen.
This is the thermostat completely off:

This is heat on, but the burner is off:

This is heat on, thermo on:

In DomoPad, the circled Icon is always the same, for all three states.\:

I can post more pics if you like but this condition is both on the 'devices' screen and in the detail for this one device.
Both sets of pictures are the same thermostats, the only difference is the phone app.

Believe it or not, this is kind of important to me, because when I'm remote this is how I know the heaters are actually working. :-)

Does this give you what you need?
Attachments
pixelAllThermos.jpg
pixelAllThermos.jpg (220.93 KiB) Viewed 1026 times
iphoneThermoDetail.png
iphoneThermoDetail.png (460.5 KiB) Viewed 1026 times
ThermoOnButHeatOff.png
ThermoOnButHeatOff.png (462.87 KiB) Viewed 1026 times
ThermoOff.png
ThermoOff.png (438.89 KiB) Viewed 1026 times

Page 1 of 1