Hue Concurrent Thread for Status Updates

Posted on
Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:42 pm
CliveS offline

Hue Concurrent Thread for Status Updates

Nathan,
I am using an unused Hue bulb as a trigger to open my Yale lock using Siri but 10 seconds was too long so I set

Code: Select all
      goLightsRefresh       = True
      loopsForLightsRefresh = 20     # At least 10 sec delay,!!!!!!! was 100 changed  to 20!!!!!!!!

Is this going to cause problems, it seems to be Ok at present but just checking.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:57 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Concurrent Thread for Status Updates

Hey.

That should be fine on newer (square) Hue bridges and with medium to small numbers of Hue devices. I set it to 10 seconds to avoid slowing down older Hue hubs with nearly the maximum number (50) of devices. Frequent full light lists on those bridges could slow them down or cause them to start rate limiting the plugin.

Note that the Hue bridge itself doesn’t update light device states instantly, so even though the plugin may be updating every 2 seconds, the bridge may itself take a few seconds to include changes to a light in the report it gives to the Hue Lights plugin.

Posted on
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:22 pm
CliveS offline

Re: Hue Concurrent Thread for Status Updates

I have the new square hub and 20 lights so I should be fine.

Thanks for the quick response as usual, and thanks for a solid, reliable, gold plated plugin and support.

You can add "Siri enabled Yale Z-Wave lock facility" as another feature :D

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Page 1 of 1