Thermostat and sensor status in GUI doesn't update

Posted on
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:49 pm
cutmoney offline

Thermostat and sensor status in GUI doesn't update

I'm using Indigo 7.1.1 and have noticed an issue where the status of a couple of my devices are not being updated properly in the GUI. Specifically, I've been setting up a bunch of triggers, schedules, etc. for a multi-zone HVAC system. I have a Z-Wave Aeon MultiSensor 6 and an Insteon Wired Thermostat that are relevant to this discussion. I'm using triggers from temp changes in both units to control a few stages of cooling and heating. I have two questions. First, I've noticed that the status of both devices are really sporadic in Indigo. For instance, the MultiSensor is set to report changes every two minutes, I see the changes in the log but they are not updated in the GUI. They might update for a few minutes, then after a while of having the app open it just gets stuck on the last number. If I quit and reopen, it is correct again.

The same is true with the Inseton thermostat. I'm looking an Indigo right now and it's reporting that it's not running and is at 66 degrees, the thermostat is actually reporting 67 degrees at the unit. The current heat/cool status isn't updated either. If I quit and reopen the app, it will display correctly. It is pretty consistent behavior, it just doesn't seem to be displaying changes without quitting and reopening the app.

Posted on
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:27 pm
cutmoney offline

Re: Thermostat and sensor status in GUI doesn't update

Anyone else experiencing this behavior? Any suggestions?

Posted on
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:53 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Can you take screenshots with an update in the Event Log and the main window showing the incorrect value? That definitely shouldn't be happening.

Are you seeing any errors in your Event Log? I know the Insteon thermostats are somewhat notorious about status updates (I switched to Z-Wave thermostats after finally having enough of them). And are you sure that the multi-sensor isn't updating? You can check the lastUpdated field in the device details to see the last time Indigo updated it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:10 pm
cutmoney offline

I didn't see the post updated, sorry. Yes, I have an example. Just to be clear, it's not just the INSTEON thermostat, the Z-Wave multi-sensor is updating properly in the log but not displaying in the GUI. Notice two things in the screen shot. First, the Z-Wave sensor has received multiple updates with temperatures which vary from what is displayed in Indigo. Second, after updating the set point on the Insteon thermostat, it does not update in Indigo. Also, the insteon thermostat never updates in Indigo without restarting.

Basically, it displays correctly when I startup Indigo, then never really updates (or maybe for a short period of time, I'm not sure). Once I quit and reopen Indigo, the status is correct.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 10.57.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 10.57.10 PM.png (172.44 KiB) Viewed 1576 times

Posted on
Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:38 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Hmmm - I suppose there could be a bug around handling infinite loops (notice the infinite loop kill error message). Does the out-of-sync state always happen after you see that error? Have you identified and disabled whatever is causing the infinite loop?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:45 pm
cutmoney offline

The infinite loop is unrelated, that is simply a loop that triggers video content via script to another application. It occurs whether or not that nested loop occurs.

Page 1 of 1