Support for MacOS High Sierra (64-bit)

Posted on
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:16 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Support for MacOS High Sierra (64-bit)

Both of those plugins are ours, and we've not had issues with either. Note that the WeatherSnoop plugin won't work with WeatherSnoop 4 yet - they changed the API and we haven't updated it yet.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:23 pm
Different Computers offline

If you’re running macOS 10.12 Sierra or earlier, and do not want to upgrade to 10.13 High Sierra right now, be careful because Apple has started pushing High Sierra to older Macs and making it all too easy to upgrade inadvertently.

https://512pixels.net/2017/11/apple-beg ... c-rollout/

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:40 am
jalves offline

Another data point on my High Sierra Indigo Server machine. I had to do a restart yesterday after installing some new software. In past iterations I had needed to unplug/replug the SmartLink and the RFXCom devices to get Indigo to recognize them after a startup. Not this time. They both showed up as connected without needing any extra intervention.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:36 pm
JGTracy offline

Jay, Thanks for your post yesterday afternoon. Figured the problems (WeatherSnoop and Airfoil Pro plugins) must be on my end. It was. The Airfoil problem came from having some Airfoil (legacy) actions. I had been using "Change Source" and "Set Volume" with the legacy Airfoil plugin. When I disabled this plugin, the issue became apparent as the actions were greyed out that used it. The fix was straight-forward after the learning curve of what was meant by 'Each Airfoil instance' . Not sure what the WeatherSnoop-3 problem is. I seem to have reduced the 'unavailable' log events, but they are still there. Still have no USB Powerline interface.

Posted on
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:17 am
JGTracy offline

jalves,
I, too, am running Indigo 7.1 on a headless Mac Mini (late 2012), with OS X 10.13.1. Is your indigo connected <successfully> to an INSTEON Power-Line interface. If so, what USB driver is it using? Mine is identified as usbserial-AL02YCGA, but it doesn't work.

Posted on
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:31 pm
jalves offline

JGTracy wrote:
jalves,
I, too, am running Indigo 7.1 on a headless Mac Mini (late 2012), with OS X 10.13.1. Is your indigo connected <successfully> to an INSTEON Power-Line interface. If so, what USB driver is it using? Mine is identified as usbserial-AL02YCGA, but it doesn't work.

Mine is similar - usbserial-A704epbj

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:38 am
JGTracy offline

Question for Jay or Matt,
How can I get and try the same usbserial interface that saves is using? ( usbserial-A704epbj ) If it solves the PowerLink modern interface problems on High Sierra, it would be a good thing to know for all of us.

Posted on
Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:19 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

JGTracy wrote:
Question for Jay or Matt,
How can I get and try the same usbserial interface that saves is using? ( usbserial-A704epbj ) If it solves the PowerLink modern interface problems on High Sierra, it would be a good thing to know for all of us.

The part of the name after 'usbserial-' is unique to each PowerLinc (or any device that correctly implements the FTDI chipset). So yours is the correct one. My guess is that you're hitting the USB High Sierra bug. Have you tried the recommendations in the forum post?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:37 am
JGTracy offline

The Power Link interface is working now. Don't know why or for how long.

I had some time this morning and thought I'd try the Command R reboot. Doh. A headless Mac Mini doesn't recognize a bonjour keyboard till after reboot. (I'll have to temporarily repurpose hardware and don't have time for the effort.) So I hardware stopped and started the Mac Mini. When It came up the interface was working. It may be a restart sequence thing. Indigo is set, in system preferences, to self start and I have had past problems with the Indigo not connecting to its local server and had to quit and restart it.

I have another problem since High Sierra: I get frequent errors that Indigo can't retrieve information from WeatherSnoop.
Nov 22, 2017 at 10:54:16 AM
WeatherSnoop Error Couldn't get site information from WeatherSnoop for device "Davis Weather" - check to see if WeatherSnoop is running correctly.

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:00:41 AM
WeatherSnoop Error Couldn't get site information from WeatherSnoop for device "Davis Weather" - check to see if WeatherSnoop is running correctly.

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:08:07 AM
Trigger High Wind
Action Group Close Awnings
Sent INSTEON "EZIO2X4 #2 - output 1" on (ack: 1, 1)
Received INSTEON "EZIO2X4 #2" outputs status changed: 1, 1
Schedule High Wind (delayed action)
Sent INSTEON "EZIO2X4 #2 - output 1" off (ack: 0, 1)
Received INSTEON "EZIO2X4 #2" outputs status changed: 0, 1

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:15:37 AM

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:16:41 AM

This is not a serial problem since WeatherSnoop is getting 100% of its downloads from the Davis console.

Posted on
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:12 pm
mlooss offline

JGTracy wrote:
The Power Link interface is working now. Don't know why or for how long.

I had some time this morning and thought I'd try the Command R reboot. Doh. A headless Mac Mini doesn't recognize a bonjour keyboard till after reboot. (I'll have to temporarily repurpose hardware and don't have time for the effort.) So I hardware stopped and started the Mac Mini. When It came up the interface was working. It may be a restart sequence thing. Indigo is set, in system preferences, to self start and I have had past problems with the Indigo not connecting to its local server and had to quit and restart it.

I have another problem since High Sierra: I get frequent errors that Indigo can't retrieve information from WeatherSnoop.
Nov 22, 2017 at 10:54:16 AM

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:00:41 AM

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:08:07 AM
Trigger High Wind
Action Group Close Awnings
Sent INSTEON "EZIO2X4 #2 - output 1" on (ack: 1, 1)
Received INSTEON "EZIO2X4 #2" outputs status changed: 1, 1
Schedule High Wind (delayed action)
Sent INSTEON "EZIO2X4 #2 - output 1" off (ack: 0, 1)
Received INSTEON "EZIO2X4 #2" outputs status changed: 0, 1

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:15:37 AM

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:16:41 AM

This is not a serial problem since WeatherSnoop is getting 100% of its downloads from the Davis console.

JGTRACY: Did you mean to say Bluetooth Keyboard, because I am not aware of any Bonjour Keyboards (there is a ShareMouse software, which lest you use a keyboard and Mouse over a network). The trick with Bluetooth keyboards, is to wait until you hear the startup chime and then use the keyboard shortcuts, like COMMAND - R.

This also works with non-Apple Bluetooth keyboards, in my case I have Logitech K480.

Cheers

Posted on
Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:25 pm
JGTracy offline

The Mac Mini has no keyboard or monitor. I use Screen Sharing on my iMac that allows the iMac to operate as a monitor and keyboard, track pad, etc. I believe Screen Sharing finds other hardware on my local network through bonjour. I can also use my iPad or iPhone as a "head" for my Mac Mini. I can't use command R during start-up because Screen Sharing doesn't work till after the Mac Mini has come on-line. I would have to repurpose the kitchen TV for a monitor and keyboard and trackpad, or mouse from an iMac to the Mac Mini to try the command R restart.

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:59 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The plugin isn't compatible with WeatherSnoop 4 yet (they changed the API) so that may be your issue.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:56 pm
JGTracy offline

I'm using WeatherSnoop 3 version 3.2.4 (1182)

Posted on
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:53 pm
PatriciaW offline

I installed High Sierra earlier today and now cannot connect to my controller

Connected to SmartHome PowerLinc USB E
Error usb data write: timeout
Error usb data write: clearing pipes
Error usb data write: pipe clear failed (0xE00002ED)
Power Failure possible power failure
Interface Failure failed to establish connection with USB interface PowerLinc 2414U

Help! :!:

Posted on
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:28 am
MartinG offline

Hopefully, you read the many warnings on this forum about USB PowerLinc incompatibility with High Sierra, and made a full backup of the machine before the upgrade? I believe the current 'best fix' for your problems is to revert to that system backup.