ZWave Lock Manager

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:51 am
howartp offline

ZWave Lock Manager

Just to round up the varied replies:

Of the lock user manuals Ive been working with for various users, only Kwikset allows onboard time management - Yale Touchscreen (which clawmd has) and ID Lock doesn't, and Kwikset RFID Keypad doesnt. Not sure about Yale Keyless/Keyfree.

Even those that do, sending the raw ZWave will still only set repeating schedules as I mentioned above. You can't set individual dates and times for codes to become valid/invalid.

I think what I'm planning will be the best ZWave implementation achievable - not as in the 'best' solution (it won't be ideal) but the best achievable.

In response to knowing who unlocked the door - you can know that now, with a trigger on 'door unlocked by code'. Combine it with 'set variable to:' and you have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:56 am
durosity offline

Re: ZWave Lock Manager

howartp wrote:
Not sure about Yale Keyless/Keyfree.

Is there a way to see if they do? (And is Santa bringing you one this year? ;) )

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:57 am
howartp offline

See if manual refers to setting schedules for users.

No, I expanded Evohome instead. :-)

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:37 pm
johnpolasek offline

howartp wrote:
In response to knowing who unlocked the door - you can know that now, with a trigger on 'door unlocked by code'. Combine it with 'set variable to:' and you have it.

Yea, that's what I am doing now, since I only have 6 users defined; it also handles changing user 3 to "Pete" and "when user 11 (the exterminator)unlocks the door, disarm the security system, and when he locks it, delete his code and rearm the security system." I was just thinking originally that it would be cleaner to have one trigger and a dict with names keyed to usernumber to do the translation, but as long as I put all the the door triggers into their own folder, it's just about as easy to add a new "on any change" trigger for each new user to update the variable as it is to edit a dict. Still working an an elegant way to push PINs without editing the action group for each user# and code.

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:51 pm
howartp offline

Watch this space... :-)

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:29 pm
Bollar offline

howartp wrote:

It would be great if you could have 'ANY door unlocked by code'. As implemented now, you need to create a trigger for each door.

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:50 pm
howartp offline

Thats also on the list. :-)

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:04 pm
clawmd offline

Again, nice work here.
I have the Yale touch screen at two locations and am scheduling the "time Fence." It does work even when the home controller is dead or power is out.
Scheduling a reading weekly event requires a start date/time, end date/time and the day(s) that the fence is opened. Scheduling a continuous number of days only requires all days of the week to be selected and, of course, start date/time, end date/time.
I will attach some pics of what is happening with the Vera plugin if I can. It keeps a list of all the PINS that have been entered, including those that have expired. You initially submit a user name and PIN. this sets up a functioning PIN. On option is provided to restrict the PIN by either weekly recurring or continuous days. There is a dialog to indicate that the response command has been received.
I am thinking that I might be able to use Applescript, possibly with Excel, to duplicate the functionality. I don't have experience with this, but it looks like it would not be terribly difficult.
Attachments
Setdaily.png
Schedule a block of days
Setdaily.png (44.98 KiB) Viewed 7668 times

Posted on
Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:50 pm
eme jota ce offline

Not sure if anyone else had this happen, but after upgrading to v1.0.29, the Z-Wave Lock Manager Actions disappeared from Indigo. Rebooted, reloaded plugin, etc.

Downgrading back to v1.0.28 made the Actions re-appear.

Posted on
Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:14 pm
howartp offline

Is there an error in the log when the plugin starts up - it sounds like there might be, which is stopping the plugin from loading fully.

Peter

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:53 am
clawmd offline

I am using the Plugin and having very good success. Still looking at scheduling capability. It looks like some of the controllers/software have time/date scheduling capability and some don't; It can be very difficult to discern what the exact capability is for each system since the companies are not keen to announce the features that they don't have. It looks like Vera, Nexia, and Honeywell Total Connect can do this while Homeseer and others don't. Unfortunately the information/instructions for accomplishing this task is murky at best. For my situation, with a rental house, the simplest, immediate solution, is Vera. I am experimenting with sending raw Zwave commands, but without a dedicated UI it is ultimately not a great solution.

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:12 am
howartp offline

I've started work on the "list of users" and "multiple locks" support this afternoon and will continue tonight.

I'll look at scheduling once these bits are published, but I'll keep the requirements in mind as I work through them.

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:40 am
eme jota ce offline

howartp wrote:
Is there an error in the log when the plugin starts up - it sounds like there might be, which is stopping the plugin from loading fully.

Peter

Just re-upgraded to v1.0.29, and it's working perfectly.

Here's the error message from the log, when I originally upgraded from ....28 to ...29 , if this is helpful:

2016-12-14 16:50:17.575 Application Stopping plugin Z-Wave Lock Manager (pid 378)
2016-12-14 16:50:18.688 Application Stopped plugin Z-Wave Lock Manager
2016-12-14 16:50:18.689 Application Upgrading plugin Z-Wave Lock Manager to newer version 1.0.29 (previous version moved to trash)
2016-12-14 16:50:18.753 Application Loading plugin "Z-Wave Lock Manager 1.0.29"
2016-12-14 16:50:18.758 Application Starting plugin "Z-Wave Lock Manager 1.0.29" (pid 55416)
2016-12-14 16:50:19.315 Z-Wave Lock Manager Error Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

Traceback (most recent call last):
SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('plugin.py', 385, 8, '\t\t\t\telse:\n'))

2016-12-14 16:50:19.319 Application Stopping plugin "Z-Wave Lock Manager 1.0.29" (pid 55416)
2016-12-14 16:50:20.035 Application Stopped plugin "Z-Wave Lock Manager 1.0.29"

Thanks again for this great plugin.

Posted on
Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:24 am
whmoorejr offline

So far so good with the plugin and my new lock. (Yale YRD210ZW619). Added master code at the lock.
- Added all the users from the plugin without any problems.
- Action to "Get Pin" didn't do anything. (Log showed request was sent, but nothing was returned.)
- Action to set operating mode didn't do anything. (Don't think that is a feature for my lock)
- Action to set Code Limit & Timeout.... (edit) Worked! Makes me wonder what other things I can program that aren't in the Yale Programming guide. :?

A couple things I would like to do: (I think I have the answer for some, but not sure)

Trigger for unlock without code. (For updating a variable / control page / send notification / etc.)
(Would this be Z-Wave Command Received, Incoming Command Received from Device, From Door Lock, Unlocked Manually)? as the trigger?

Trigger for unlock with indigo. (No clue how to do this one)

Action to lock / unlock with code (So I can put a different action button on my wife's phone, kids phone and my phone to distinguish who unlocked via indigo)
(I'm guessing this could be done now with sending raw Z-Wave commands?)

For User Scheduling..... I'm guessing that since my lock doesn't support schedules (that I know of) then this is an indigo schedule thing that would mean setting a schedule to add and delete a user. Example: Cleaning lady M-F @ 10AM.... Create one action item to add that user, one action item to delete that user, then a schedule to add followed by a schedule to delete?

Apologies if my questions are silly.... been using indigo and insteon for years..... been using z-wave for 2 days..... got a lot to learn still.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:17 pm
aauno offline

ZWave Lock Manager former Vera user

Not sure how to use actions to list Kwikset information. I get the following:
Dec 11, 2017, 10:00:41 PM
Action Group Get Pin 1
Z-Wave Lock Manager Requesting PIN for user 1
Z-Wave Debug SENT sendRawZwaveCommand: 01 0A 00 13 04 03 63 02 01 25 A0 04
Z-Wave sent "Mudroom Lock" raw command [63 02 01]