Unavailable in the iTunes Store?

Posted on
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:54 pm
richy240 offline

Unavailable in the iTunes Store?

Very disappointed to find that this app is no longer available in the App Store... Any plans to bring it back? I paid for the app and now I can't download it, which is pretty frustrating.

Posted on
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:37 pm
agame offline

Re: Unavailable in the iTunes Store?

Its still there...I just downloaded?! At least in the AU storefront.

Posted on
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:16 pm
richy240 offline

agame wrote:
Its still there...I just downloaded?! At least in the AU storefront.

Maybe it's just the US store then?

Posted on
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:16 am
CliveS offline

It was on the UK site 3 days ago as I updated it and the reason for the update was given as

Support for Milight V6 RGBWWCW bulbs, dual white on V6 coming soon!

But now when I try to look at the item I get "Item not available in UK Store" and the other half's phone is showing 1 red circle on her App Store icon which I am getting grief about because she can't get rid of it!!!!

Also when I try to go to http://homeremote.bouncingball.mobi Safari can't find the site so not sure what is happening as the update states "dual white on V6 coming soon" so further updates seem to be in the works.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:07 am
Different Computers offline

Home Remote - Activator is still in the US store, but I can confirm the bouncing ball web site is down. However, when I try to download the update to HR on my iPad, I get "This item is no longer available."

Searches also don't turn it up. Very sad!! And it makes Indigo Touch support for geofencing even higher priority.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:43 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi guys, I just traded emails with Gary - he discovered a bug that was a problem for some configurations so in an abundance of caution pulled the app from the store. The fix is now waiting for Apple's approval and hopefully will be available in the next couple of days.

It looks like the website being down is an unfortunate coincidence and he's looking into that as well (I don't think he realized it until we pointed it out to him).

The lesson here is to get the full story before passing judgement. We've had our share of issues in the past and were always grateful for users who allowed us time to resolve them.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:15 pm
richy240 offline

THANKS JAY!

But I don't think anyone is passing judgement. The app was there, now it's not. For paying customers, that's frustrating no matter how you dice it. :(

Posted on
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:19 pm
CliveS offline

jay (support) wrote:
Hi guys, I just traded emails with Gary - he discovered a bug that was a problem for some configurations so in an abundance of caution pulled the app from the store. The fix is now waiting for Apple's approval and hopefully will be available in the next couple of days.

It looks like the website being down is an unfortunate coincidence and he's looking into that as well (I don't think he realized it until we pointed it out to him).

The lesson here is to get the full story before passing judgement. We've had our share of issues in the past and were always grateful for users who allowed us time to resolve them.

Getting the full story is not easy when the website is not online and the app is removed and Gary was last online here on Thu 15 Jun 2017 05:36

I appreciate it was withdrawn for correcting a bug but surely he should have put a message on his website (and then he would have realised it was down) and even logged in here and left a message.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:12 pm
Gary_BBGames offline

CliveS, you’re right. Sorry I didn’t inform you guys. I. Should have.
I found out the app was broken at about 3AM on Sunday morning and pulled it from the store immediately.
Unfortunately I had a whole day out planned for Sunday, so wasn’t able to create a fix until Sunday night.
This fix has been submitted, and it is now in review.

For future reference, if any app is removed from sale, you can still download it from your purchase history in the App Store, you can go do that now and I think there will be no crashes for you.

Also, I will always respond to email, normally within minutes if I’m awake, and am always available on Twitter.

Email: gary (a) bouncingball dot mobi
Twitter: Gary_BBGames

TLDR: sorry I fucked up, I’ll do more to communicate with you guys.

Posted on
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:09 pm
Colly offline

Gary_BBGames wrote:
For future reference, if any app is removed from sale, you can still download it from your purchase history in the App Store, you can go do that now and I think there will be no crashes for you.

This worked for me - learned something new today..

Posted on
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:39 am
Gary_BBGames offline

Hey guys, the update has been released and 3.5 will be propagating across the App Store now. It may take a little while to show up, due to Apples server load balancing.

Posted on
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:17 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Thanks for the update Gary!

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:42 am
CliveS offline

Gary_BBGames wrote:
Hey guys, the update has been released and 3.5 will be propagating across the App Store now. It may take a little while to show up, due to Apples server load balancing.

Now showing in the UK Store, just updated my 8 Dec v3.5 to the 13 Dec v3.5 but more importantly the other half has stopped nagging me about the red dot with a 1 in it on the App Store icon on her iPhone !!!!!!

CliveS

Page 1 of 1