DomoPad Newbie Questions

Posted on
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:40 pm
whmoorejr offline

DomoPad Newbie Questions

After the kids upgraded their tablets, I took a couple of the old ones (Android 4.4.2) and I'm giving DomoPad a whirl....

FYI, I'm android disabled, so I'll apologize in advance if some of my questions are totally elementary android 101.

1) Restoring purchases. I purchased the "Ultimate" version on one pad but when I went to settings on the other... it would just tell me that I already paid for it. (I fixed this by uninstalling and re-installing the app. <-- answered my own question there.

2) Notifications: Is this supposed to pop up in the app somewhere or only in the upper left notification bar thing? Do you know if there is a way to make it into an on-screen pop-up

(My list was up to 6 things but I answered my own questions... very cool app.)

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:27 pm
torstein89 offline

Re: DomoPad Newbie Questions

#2: What kind of notification are you trying to send from domo? There is some different settings about priority and settings in the domopad notification set up. I think, without checking right now, you should set the "importance" to "high"?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:01 am
roussell offline

#2 - I think they're always in the shade area, at least mine have been. I remember Adam explaining the reasoning in a post a while back, but can't recall exactly why at the moment. You do have options though; with Domopad, and the accompanying plugin, you can push control page changes to the clients, so you could have a "notification" control page that you populate with the appropriate message, and then push that to the specified clients. I do that with a doorbell cam page now and it works well.

Terry

Posted on
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:24 am
whmoorejr offline

roussell wrote:
#2 - I think they're always in the shade area, at least mine have been. I remember Adam explaining the reasoning in a post a while back, but can't recall exactly why at the moment. You do have options though; with Domopad, and the accompanying plugin, you can push control page changes to the clients, so you could have a "notification" control page that you populate with the appropriate message, and then push that to the specified clients. I do that with a doorbell cam page now and it works well.

Terry

That's exactly what I was planning on doing. I was hoping for the notification action thing to pop up on the tablet with embedded action options (lock / unlock) when the doorbell rings.... but I can just put that on a control page as well.

When is the iOS version coming out? Pushing a control page is incredible. For my iPads, I'm running tons of script to emulate a dynamic page... so motion or trigger changes a referenced image on a page with a "Alert message" overlay to let me know why the image changed "motion sensor" "door bell" "video motion detection" "garage door opened", etc.... Then when everything is inactive for 3 minutes, a script takes a snapshot of another control page (a floor plan) and makes that the referenced image. Touching the image loads the actual floor plan control page to modify stuff (click lights, etc.) This control page push cuts out a lot of that extra stuff and some lag time.

Upgrade request: "push control page to all synced Domopad clients"

torstein89 wrote:
#2: What kind of notification are you trying to send from domo? There is some different settings about priority and settings in the domopad notification set up. I think, without checking right now, you should set the "importance" to "high"?

I've rotated through the different levels of notification (low, normal, critical) and on the client side the result is identical. I couldn't find a setting on the client (the device, not the app) to adjust notification behavior (pop-up versus grey bar icon thing).

I'm still playing with the android platform.... I haven't installed any other notification apps yet. (Pushover or Growl) Can anyone recommend a good growl platform for the android?

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:15 pm
RogueProeliator offline

2) Notifications: Is this supposed to pop up in the app somewhere or only in the upper left notification bar thing? Do you know if there is a way to make it into an on-screen pop-up

Well, if you are on a control page, the notification text will pop up as visible and then disappear after a short while... but that is a toast-style message so only has the text, not the actions.

That's exactly what I was planning on doing. I was hoping for the notification action thing to pop up on the tablet with embedded action options (lock / unlock) when the doorbell rings.... but I can just put that on a control page as well.

This is probably your best bet... however, your question / use case did prompt a thought -- might be able to push that control page as a popup page. Currently you can have a popup control page window occur when clicking a link (using the Opens in new window option in the control page editor). Could have the action request that a popup window be used (and would be full screen if the tablet were not already on a control page). Let me think about that.

When is the iOS version coming out?

HA! I had a user try hard to get me to make one a while back, but there didn't seem to be enough interest to justify the time involved. This sh!t takes forever to develop and maintain!

Upgrade request: "push control page to all synced Domopad clients"

Possibly, this would be the same as a bunch of individual actions in a group, I guess. Wouldn't be too hard to do though, I'll add it to the request list.

I've rotated through the different levels of notification (low, normal, critical) and on the client side the result is identical. I couldn't find a setting on the client (the device, not the app) to adjust notification behavior (pop-up versus grey bar icon thing).

Android notifications always just appear on the shade as far as I know. But since it is open, I imagine there is some app that will pop those up in some way... but I don't know any offhand.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:08 pm
roussell offline

I would LOVE the ability to push a pop-up Control Page! Add that to my list of requests please!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:13 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I would LOVE the ability to push a pop-up Control Page! Add that to my list of requests please!!

You need to send me a ranking of your requests... I owe you a few as you've been waiting patiently. I think that I am about 90% of where I need to be with a few of the setup changes that I was working on, so almost ready to start on a few requests. I'm going to guess that the "add IFRAME to control page is your top"?

I need to get the requests all documented in GitHub to be sure not to let any fall into oblivion, in fact. I'll work on that.

Posted on
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:07 am
roussell offline

RogueProeliator wrote:

You need to send me a ranking of your requests... I owe you a few as you've been waiting patiently. I think that I am about 90% of where I need to be with a few of the setup changes that I was working on, so almost ready to start on a few requests. I'm going to guess that the "add IFRAME to control page is your top"?

I need to get the requests all documented in GitHub to be sure not to let any fall into oblivion, in fact. I'll work on that.

Heh, I guess I have thrown a lot of extra requests your way :oops:

I can consolidate them in a separate thread, or help to make sure they're on GitHub, whichever you prefer; but yeh, the ability to embed a web page inside a control page would be tops, and I think beneficial for a broader audience. That would allow easy insertion of live web cameras, advanced animation with custom HTML5 and CSS3 stuff, HTML-based list boxes, etc... It really opens the door to a whole new level of UI. Integrate that alongside the ability to push a pop up (meaning: displaying a CP of any size on top of an existing CP) and you'll have given people to do pretty much anything they can think of. Feel free to make a "Integrator" or "Pro" level for these advanced changes and ask for some more $. I for one would be happy to pay!!

I think it's time for me to start my march on Texas to have you become the 3rd(?) member of the Perceptive Automation team. How does SVP, User Experience sound for a title?

Terry

Posted on
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:33 am
RogueProeliator offline

I can consolidate them in a separate thread, or help to make sure they're on GitHub, whichever you prefer; but yeh, the ability to embed a web page inside a control page would be tops, and I think beneficial for a broader audience. That would allow easy insertion of live web cameras, advanced animation with custom HTML5 and CSS3 stuff, HTML-based list boxes, etc... It really opens the door to a whole new level of UI. Integrate that alongside the ability to push a pop up (meaning: displaying a CP of any size on top of an existing CP) and you'll have given people to do pretty much anything they can think of. Feel free to make a "Integrator" or "Pro" level for these advanced changes and ask for some more $. I for one would be happy to pay!!

I'll get things loaded up and have you take a look to see if I missed anything from your end. I feel like I have most requests captured, but in too many fragmented places.

I think it's time for me to start my march on Texas to have you become the 3rd(?) member of the Perceptive Automation team. How does SVP, User Experience sound for a title?

I don't know, that title sounds awfully "corporate", especially considering I am pretty sure Jay's title is something along the lines of "Director of Durosity Wrangling".

Page 1 of 1