Discovery Failure

Posted on
Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:39 pm
CliveS offline

Re: Discovery Failure

If you need any testing then I have a new (still in Amazon brown box) Dot 2 and have never installed the plugin so no previous data cached etc.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:09 pm
autolog offline

CliveS wrote:
If you need any testing then I have a new (still in Amazon brown box) Dot 2 and have never installed the plugin so no previous data cached etc.

According to an earlier post, the Echo Dot (Gen 2) works - It would be good to verify this. :)

Posted on
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:24 pm
devros offline

Some more strange behavior to report. I was set up a 2nd dot(also 2nd gen) and at that point had both Dots plugged in and everything was working. At one point I had them both unplugged and then plugged in the original one I had done the setup with, and it couldn't connect to any of the devices. It was only when I plugged in the new one that it started working again. Very strange.

Posted on
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:47 pm
CliveS offline

autolog wrote:
CliveS wrote:

According to an earlier post, the Echo Dot (Gen 2) works - It would be good to verify this. :)

Setup and working, not sure about the errors but they do not seem to make any difference and I expect they will "disappear" when I turn the debugging off.

Code: Select all
 Reloading plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.19"
   Stopping plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.19" (pid 38905)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge shutdown requested
   Stopped plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.19"
   Starting plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.19" (pid 39443)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge initialising . . .
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Plugin Host IP Address is discovered as: '192.168.100.150'
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa discovery request logging enabled
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Warning        Debugging enabled for Alexa-Hue Bridge: General, Server, Broadcaster, Responder, Method Trace
   Started plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.19"
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge initialization complete
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge checking network access by attempting to access 'www.google.com'
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check to www.google.com successfully completed.
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge checking for Plugin update
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Checking for updates...
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                No updates are available
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge next update check scheduled for: Friday, 2017-Dec-01 at 22:33

30 Nov 2017, 22:37:38
   SQL Logger                      creating table device_history_1500071656 for "Twigs"

30 Nov 2017, 22:38:20
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Twigs' updated and now has one Alexa Device published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Twigs' has one Alexa Device published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Twigs' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Twigs' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Twigs' started: Host: 192.168.100.150 Port: 8178
   SQL Logger                      adding column "onoffstate_ui" to table device_history_1500071656 ("Twigs")
   Z-Wave                          received "Bathroom Temperature" sensor update to 16.7 °C
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Twigs' responding to Alexa discovery [request id: 1] ...
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                + Publishing device 'Twigs' to Alexa
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                ... One device discovered by Alexa on Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Twigs'.
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Twigs' responding to Alexa discovery [request id: 2] ...
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                + Publishing device 'Twigs' to Alexa
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                ... One device discovered by Alexa on Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Twigs'.

30 Nov 2017, 22:38:59
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          StandardError detected in put_response for device 'Twigs'. Line '294' has error='not enough arguments for format string'
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          StandardError detected in put_response for device 'Twigs'. Line '294' has error='not enough arguments for format string'

30 Nov 2017, 22:39:23
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Set on state of Alexa device "Twigs" ["Living Room Twigs Switch"] to OFF
   Z-Wave                          sent "Living Room Twigs Switch" off
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Twigs Switch" power load to 0.0 W

30 Nov 2017, 22:39:39
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Set on state of Alexa device "Twigs" ["Living Room Twigs Switch"] to ON
   Z-Wave                          sent "Living Room Twigs Switch" on

30 Nov 2017, 22:40:14
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Set on state of Alexa device "Twigs" ["Living Room Twigs Switch"] to ON
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Set on state of Alexa device "Twigs" ["Living Room Twigs Switch"] to OFF
   Z-Wave                          sent "Living Room Twigs Switch" off

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:58 am
autolog offline

Hi Clive,
Thanks for verifying that the Echo Dot (Gen 2) works. :D

The error message is a bug - the plugin was trying to output a message saying you were trying to dim a non-dimmable device (I hope that was what you were doing - I have replicated the error)..
I am doing some other minor coding tidy ups and then I will release a fix for this but as you discovered it doesn't stop the plugin working. :)

Posted on
Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:11 pm
autolog offline

devros wrote:
Some more strange behavior to report. I was set up a 2nd dot(also 2nd gen) and at that point had both Dots plugged in and everything was working. At one point I had them both unplugged and then plugged in the original one I had done the setup with, and it couldn't connect to any of the devices. It was only when I plugged in the new one that it started working again. Very strange.

Yes it is odd and it isn't consistent. Previously Alexa wouldn't work for me if the Echo Dot in my kitchen was turned off. However, today Alexa will now work when the Echo Dot in the kitchen is off. :?

I suspect it might have to do with discovery being run and/or left on permanently in the Alexa-Hue Bridge devices.

There must be some logic behind this as we are dealing with computers but I can't actually see what it is at the moment. :wink:

Posted on
Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:15 pm
CliveS offline

autolog wrote:
Hi Clive,

The error message is a bug - the plugin was trying to output a message saying you were trying to dim a non-dimmable device (I hope that was what you were doing - I have replicated the error)..
I am doing some other minor coding tidy ups and then I will release a fix for this but as you discovered it doesn't stop the plugin working. :)

Yes I was trying to turn off the twigs from the Alexa app by sliding it fully left but it also gives the same response when I ask her to dim the twigs to 50% which is impossible on the LED twigs which can only do on/off, so I suspect the fix will be for me to not be stupid in the future :)

CliveS

Posted on
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:39 am
bbruck offline

Loving the plug-in. Starting to use it more to try and get WAF for automating common areas. Getting this error message when installing/discovering new devices - any ideas?

Dec 2, 2017 at 6:34:29 AM
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error getHueDeviceJSON exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Alexa-Hue Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/hue_listener.py", line 247, in getHueDeviceJSON
alexaDeviceNameKey = PLUGIN.globals['alexaHueBridge'][ahbDevId]['hashKeys'][alexaDeviceHashedKey]
KeyError: '79747329dc6ad073a5a6a37b59ec37b2b220230109b83a00ef63f759abf595b7'

Alexa-Hue Bridge Error StandardError detected in HttpdRequestHandler for device 42555357. Line '141' has error='must be string or buffer, not None'

Posted on
Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:30 am
autolog offline

brick wrote:
... Getting this error message when installing/discovering new devices - any ideas? ...

Not sure (at the moment) how this can happen :? - but it obviously can. :wink:

Are you running the latest version of the plugin?
What Alexa device are you using?

The only way I think this could happen (off the top of my head) is if you defined a device, did a discovery so Alexa knows that the device exists and therefore has a hash key for it. If you subsequently deleted the device and/or redefined it by re-adding it to the same or different Aleexa-Hue Bridge)but not doing a discovery; then when you ask Alexa to turn it on or off, Alexa would send through the hash key and it wouldn't be found which is what the error is (I think).

If that doesn't sound like it fits what happened then I need to see the full logs and have a step-by-step process of what you did to cause the problem.

Obviously the plugin should handle this situation, I just need to determine exactly what the situation is. :)

Posted on
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:37 pm
autolog offline

autolog wrote:
brick wrote:
... Getting this error message when installing/discovering new devices - any ideas? ...

... Are you running the latest version of the plugin? ...

I'll answer my own question - No you are not. :)

Please download the latest version from the new Indigo Plugin Store - this may or may not fix the issue but at least we will be working on the latest version when we try and resolve it. :D

Posted on
Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:33 am
autolog offline

CliveS wrote:
autolog wrote:
Hi Clive,

Yes I was trying to turn off the twigs from the Alexa app by sliding it fully left but it also gives the same response when I ask her to dim the twigs to 50% which is impossible on the LED twigs which can only do on/off, so I suspect the fix will be for me to not be stupid in the future :)

This is fixed in Version 3.0.20 :)

Posted on
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:08 am
bbruck offline

Hi Jon,

My discovery failure error message disappeared when I installed the lasted version. Thanks!

Posted on
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:09 pm
RAID5 offline

Hi

I have just purchased a Dot Gen 2 and I can't get it to discover any devices.
I use Indigo 7.1.1 and version 3.0.20 of the Alexa Hue-Bridge plug-in.
I do use SONOS plugin but I have disabled it and used your command to check the port, it's unused before I start the Hue-Bridge plug-in.
I have enabled logging in the plug-in, but there is nothing there..
Should I use the Skill Hue from Philips Hue in Alexa or is there any other Skill I should use?

Any suggestions?

RAID5 "A happy Swede addicted to automation"

Posted on
Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:03 am
autolog offline

RAID5 wrote:
I have just purchased a Dot Gen 2 and I can't get it to discover any devices.
I use Indigo 7.1.1 and version 3.0.20 of the Alexa Hue-Bridge plug-in.
I do use SONOS plugin but I have disabled it and used your command to check the port, it's unused before I start the Hue-Bridge plug-in.
I have enabled logging in the plug-in, but there is nothing there..
Should I use the Skill Hue from Philips Hue in Alexa or is there any other Skill I should use?

You shouldn't use any skill - it is not needed.

A few things to check:
  • Are you running both wi-fi and ethernet?
  • Try specifying the ip address of the Indigo Server Mac in the plugin config

Post the log following a restart of the plugin and you asking Alexa to discover devices. I will take a look and see if I can spot anything. :)

Posted on
Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:16 am
RAID5 offline

Thanks for your help, I thought I needed to use the skill, I just asked Alexa to discover devices and they were found. Now it rocks!! Thanks again!!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

RAID5 "A happy Swede addicted to automation"