Schlage BE496 not recognized as a lock by plugin

Posted on
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:45 am
brettlid offline

Schlage BE496 not recognized as a lock by plugin

Hi,

Hoping you can help me out. I've included my Schlage lock into my system (with encryption) and it is recognized as a Z-Wave device by Indigo. I can lock and unlock it with Indigo as a standard Z-Wave device. When I try to change it to a "Z-Wave Lock Manager" and "Door Lock" device (per your instructions below) I get the drop down list showing every other z-wave device on my system except for the lock. I've included and excluded the lock several times but the plug in doesn't see it. I even tried a second lock I have, same model but different firmware, same results. Your plug in version i'v tried is 1.0.46, 1.0.48.

When you install the plugin, you'll need to create a new device called ZWave Lock Manager > Door Lock for each lock you have. When you create it, it lists every Zwave device on your system, which might well be hundreds, but you only do this step once per lock so that doesn't matter. ....

Thanks for your help.

Posted on
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:30 pm
howartp offline

Re: Schlage BE496 not recognized as a lock by plugin

Hi Brett.

This is a strange one, which I'm going to have to call Matt (Support) into.

My filter on that dropdown box is
Code: Select all
<List class="indigo.devices" filter="indigo.zwave"/>
so should list anything Indigo believes is a Zwave device.

We'll come back to you.

Peter

Posted on
Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:13 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

brettlid wrote:
When I try to change it to a "Z-Wave Lock Manager" and "Door Lock" device (per your instructions below) I get the drop down list showing every other z-wave device on my system except for the lock.

I think the problem is you are trying to change the existing Z-Wave Lock device into a lock manager device. Instead, leave the Z-Wave Lock device as it is and create a new device for the lock manager (and door lock), and then you have those devices point to/use the real Z-Wave Lock device.

Posted on
Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:24 pm
brettlid offline

Oh!

That's probably it, exactly what I was doing.

So I should have two devices fro each lock. Correct?

Thanks so much for the quick response.

Brett

Posted on
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:21 am
howartp offline

Aha, well spotted Matt!

Thought it was a strange one!

Yes, you should have two devices.

Any actual communication with the lock (lock yourself, are you unlocked?) is handled by the Indigo Lock device, but the config and data about the lock/pins (set pin, relock, vacation mode, ...) are handled by the lock manager device and passed to/from the lock device in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 1