Run Time Timer plugin

Posted on
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:36 am
ELWOOD offline

Run Time Timer plugin

We have some great timer plugins such as “Timers & Pesters” and “Timed Device” that count down time.
What I would like to see is a timer plugin that accumulates time. I currently have a few triggers that do
this but it is rather complicated to set up. An example is to keep track of how long the air conditioning is
running.

When my AC starts a tiger sets the time and date to a variable, when it stops a trigger sets the time/date to
an other variable, than a script runs that subtracts the two variables and converts it to hours and minutes
than add that to the last run time to get a total for the day. At midnight a schedule resets the day run to 0 and
add the day run to a week run total. Than more schedules to up date month and yearly totals. That is a lot
of steps.

It would be great if someone could make a “Run Time Plugin”plugin that does all that and more.

So now I can make a new runtime device where I pick a device such as hall thermostat and the plugin device
states will show daily, weekly, monthly, yearly total run times. than the states could could be used in
charts, triggers to alert if you are going over your electrical budget is going to go over the monthly limit
because the AC is running to much. Or the kids are watching too much TV or internet.

So I hope this might motivate one of our great plugin developers.

Elwood

Posted on
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:43 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Run Time Timer plugin

I believe someone has expressed interest in a timer that counts up, but thanks for providing some more detail.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:00 am
kmarkley offline

I am adding this functionality to my Timed Devices plugin. The whole point, of course, is to track another device of a long period of time, but I've only had it running for about 15 hours. So it is BETA for now and YMMV.

If you'd like to give it a try, the BETA version is here: https://github.com/kmarkley/Indigo-Time ... tag/0.0.14

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:46 pm
ELWOOD offline

kmarkley

Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for. I will have to admit I had you in mind when I made the request. Figured it would make a nice addition
to your timed device plugin. Just set up a quick test device to play with. Hope to do more in the next few days.

I already love the first version of the plugin this just makes it better.

Thanks again
Elwood

Posted on
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:57 pm
Colly offline

This is just what I've been looking for to track my thermostat usage and display in daily/weekly/monthly/yearly graphs or tables - don't know how I missed it until now! Really looking forward to getting a nice "Heating" control page displaying statistics for each zone. The last piece of the jigsaw for me is to be able to display run times based on whether the time is during electricity "peak" or "off peak" rate. I basically want 2 timers per thermostat, one from 07:00 to 22:59 (peak rate) and the other from 23:00 to 06:59 (off peak).
Does anyone have any suggestions as to an easy way to accomplish this?

Posted on
Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:14 pm
Colly offline

kmarkley wrote:
I am adding this functionality to my Timed Devices plugin. The whole point, of course, is to track another device of a long period of time, but I've only had it running for about 15 hours. So it is BETA for now and YMMV.

If you'd like to give it a try, the BETA version is here: https://github.com/kmarkley/Indigo-Time ... tag/0.0.14

Hi kmarkley,
I've a number of Running Timers to monitor my thermostats however I'm getting the following errors, any suggestions as to the problem?
Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 256, in deviceUpdated
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1175, in deviceUpdated
  File "plugin.py", line 165, in deviceStartComm
  File "plugin.py", line 1076, in __init__
AttributeError: 'RunningTimer' object has no attribute 'onstate'

The Running Timers work for a period and then I get the above in the log. I have the Timers grouped and I enable or disable them depending on the time of day.

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:54 pm
kmarkley offline

Sorry for the delayed response. This has been fixed in the latest version.

https://github.com/kmarkley/Indigo-Time ... ses/latest

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:05 am
Colly offline

Will try later and report back - thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:27 pm
Colly offline

The update seems to have done the trick. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1