Homebridge Buddy and IOS 11

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:48 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Homebridge Buddy and IOS 11

If you are using HBB please don't yet upgrade to IOS 11, the version of HB installed will not work. I was going to upload that all today but realized that my Git libraries are split between my laptop and my server and my laptop is with me in my RV on vacation until Friday afternoon. If you can hold off then please do!

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:54 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Homebridge Buddy and IOS 11

It kinda does work for me though.

My iPad, which ran the betas, was on and off for working--that is, sometimes devices were online, other times "No Response".

My iPhone, which I upgraded today, is so far just fine with the Home app & device response--maybe a little slow.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:16 am
durosity offline

I’ve not had any issues with HBB on any of the iOS 11 betas and I use it on a regular basis.. in fact I’d say 95% of my interaction with indigo is through HBB these days! Of course to anyone else YMMV so probably best to heed RV mans advice!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:34 am
rehafer offline

I updated my iPhone (primary device) yesterday and I’ve had trouble with regular Bluetooth devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:58 am
rehafer offline

Update: I’m at work and checked the Home app and none of my devices are responding, HBB and others. When I check my Hubs, they both indicate Standby. Maybe others problems are related.

Posted on
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:35 pm
mikec27 offline

Just a FYI, the AppleTV is affected by the tvOS11 too. I updated mine and can no longer use Siri on the ATV to toggle devices nor can I connect remotely to my Home app anymore.

Posted on
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:09 pm
rehafer offline

Update2: My ATVs had auto-updated to tvOS 11 from the beta. Signing out and back into iCloud fixed that problem.
More relevant to this forum; I have an iDevice switch and 2 Elgato sensors and their behavior has been the same as HBB devices, so I expect that these have all been Homekit problems

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:41 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Updated for IOS 11 support!

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:14 am

On first run I got
Code: Select all
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Debug    Refreshing plugin information
   Started plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 1.00"
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Debug    Unable to find a local configuration for this Homebridge server
 EPS - Homebridge Buddy Error    Unable to create Homebridge folder /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/homebridge/861406918

This happens if I reload the plugin too. I then get all those green cached item messages, followed by " EPS - Homebridge Buddy EPS - Homebridge Buddy is loaded and ready to use"

But the Home App shows all my Indigo Devices as "No Response" aside from one motion detector that shows "Not Supported." (That happened before too.)

When I try "Show Homebridge Log" from the plugin menu, nothing happens.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:24 am

Oh and I can confirm that /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/homebridge exists.

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:58 am
durosity offline

I got pretty much exactly the same thing:

Code: Select all
Unable to create Homebridge folder /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/homebridge/1671009580

However I seem to still have full control of everything. 1671009580 is the Device ID for my Homebridge server in indigo.. I have 2.. one built in, one custom option - no error appeared for the custom.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:02 am
durosity offline

Also in debug logging I get a little extra nugget of info:

Started plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 1.00"
EPS - Homebridge Buddy Debug Adding Outdoors - Front House Camera Homebridge Link to cache
EPS - Homebridge Buddy Debug Unable to find a local configuration for this Homebridge server
EPS - Homebridge Buddy Error Unable to create Homebridge folder /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/homebridge/1671009580
EPS - Homebridge Buddy Debug Adding Server - HB1 Homebridge to cache
EPS - Homebridge Buddy Debug Automatically adding watched device 'Kitchen - Extractor Light' to cache as a watched item

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:31 am
durosity offline

Oh dear. I restarted my Mac for a different os update and now it won’t start:

EPS - Homebridge Buddy Starting the Homebridge server 'Server - HB1 Homebridge', do not try to use Siri until you get a message that the server has started
EPS - Homebridge Buddy sent "Server - HB1 Homebridge" on
EPS - Homebridge Buddy Warning The Homebridge server ‘Server - HB1 Homebridge' has stopped

But doesn’t give any other details.

Also in the path above there was no folder 1671009580 - I created one but made no difference - I’ve reverted back to .20 and that seems to be working fine

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:42 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ah, crap, I was working on something that I thought I got out of there. I'll fix that.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:43 am
rehafer offline

Do I need to update NodeJS myself or does HBB do it for me?