Tado Thermostat Device Plugin

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:28 pm
agame offline

Re: Tado Thermostat Device Plugin

Great :) ask if you need login credentials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:43 am
durosity offline

I know you’re busy with HBK but was there any movement on multizone support on this? Only reason I ask is Tado have a sale on their TRVs and it was something that seemed very suitable to my needs.. but only if I can integrate it into Indigo.

*backs away slowly avoiding eye contact in case this is the last straw for C4W*

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:46 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

LOL, let's say that I'm willing to revisit this again but not now. I wrote this very impromptu a long time ago for someone who had requested it but I don't own one of these so I would have to nearly start from scratch remembering what needs to be done where. I know I took a quick peek at multizone when it was requested and from the API there was no obvious way of accessing it but perhaps that has changed now. Regardless, it'll probably be a minute before I even think about looking at this one again.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:47 am
howartp offline

59... 58.... 57.... 56....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:48 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Minute is up.... Guess I have to work on this now... :shock: :evil: :roll: :lol:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:49 am
howartp offline

Definitely. Can’t break a promise now!

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:51 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I didn't say which planet I was basing the minute on. Or which universe.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:54 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ok, I just took a peek at the API and they have indeed updated it and it's a bit more accessible now for multi-zone. Before it was just not there in the API at all.

Does anyone actually have a multi-zone now that would be able to test any possible changes? I'm not saying I'm diving into this today but I'm going to take a quick peek at the plugin code and see how much it'll have to change and if it's not too much I might be able to churn a test out in the not-to-distant future.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:24 pm
juntta offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Does anyone actually have a multi-zone now that would be able to test any possible changes? .

*Hand rising* I have 3 smart thermostats in 3 zones and 2 smart AC’s so I can help you out with testing.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:26 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

LOL, ok, I'll reach out to you in a week or three to see what can be enhanced on this plugin.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:53 pm
durosity offline

I’ve just bought a tado thermostat, extension kit and 4 zones radiator valves, so sign me up too.

It’ll be interesting to see how well this system works vs my current Stella-Z implementation. Autolog has written a fantastic plugin for it but I think the hardware isn’t quite up to the task, especially with 11 of them.. I get too many z-wave errors, batteries depleting too fast and other odd behaviour. Plus it’s the only “critical” part of my system that doesn’t have any backup control.. if indigo fails it also fails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:57 pm
agame offline

yes I do, but cant for a couple of weeks.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:58 pm
Londonmark offline

So I was the original requested on this and then added multi zone. C4W still has my login details and amazingly my heating has not been tampered with.

Would love multizone to work so +1 on my original request.

As an aside Tado is really good for presence detection too. I use the original plugin to determine when the house is empty for the rest of my Indigo setup. Thought I would replace that with HomeKit automation but I find that really unreliable.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:01 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ok, then, operation "European Tado Update Request" shall commence as soon as possible ;).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:01 pm
howartp offline

Londonmark wrote:
C4W still has my login details and amazingly my heating has not been tampered with.

Amazingly?!

Page 3 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9