Nanoleaf Rhythm?

Posted on
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:37 am
Different Computers offline

Nanoleaf Rhythm?

I just got in on the Rhythm preview sale, and now I'm wondering if the Rhythm scenes are exposed to Indigo the same way normal scenes are.

If Autolog doesn't have a Rhythm, I'm happy to provide whatever output necessary from logs. Once it arrives.

Oh, and watch your junk mail, because this "hey we have a few extra units" email came to me this morning. They won't last long.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:48 am
autolog offline

Re: Nanoleaf Rhythm?

Different Computers wrote:
I just got in on the Rhythm preview sale, and now I'm wondering if the Rhythm scenes are exposed to Indigo the same way normal scenes are.

Once you get your Rhythm you will find out and can share the info with us. :)

Different Computers wrote:
If Autolog doesn't have a Rhythm, I'm happy to provide whatever output necessary from logs. Once it arrives..

I have just asked him and apparently he doesn't have a Rhythm and hasn't ordered one. :wink:

Posted on
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:17 pm

I got Rhythm!

Plug it in, Nanoleaf app demands an update, which the app says will take 15 minutes, but was more like 1.5 minutes.

After that, the Rhythm works perfectly with Indigo, as the Rhythm scenes are treated just like regular scenes and the plugin detected them immediately.

Great work AutoLog!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:07 am
Busta999 offline

Just got a Rhythm and a bunch of Nanoleaf panels.

Hard wired the Nanoleaf into Lounge Sound system.

Put some triggers in to detect when certain songs are played on the Lounge AppleTV Plex.

When a particular song plays, dims all the Hue lamps in the room and sets them to a colour scheme that complements the Nanaoleaf Rhythm , and sets Nanoleaf to the Rhythm scheme that best suits the song.

I have created a playlist in Plex that work great with a Nanoleaf light show.

Mesmerising :-)

Thanks to @autolog @NathanSheldon @RoagueProeliator plus the guys at Indigo :-)

Posted on
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:16 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Video please!

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:05 am

I do something quite similar. I have a series of triggers that look at what the effect on the Nanoleaf is currently, and changes it to the next one in the list each time a song starts.
Attachments
wall.png
wall.png (89.72 KiB) Viewed 5615 times

Posted on
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:29 am
Busta999 offline

Abou to video it and the Nanoleaf plug has exploded :-(

Code: Select all
   Enabling plugin "Nanoleaf 1.1.0"
   Starting plugin "Nanoleaf 1.1.0" (pid 22095)
   Nanoleaf                        Autolog 'Nanoleaf V1 Controller' initializing . . .
   Nanoleaf                        Host IP Address overridden and specified as: '192.168.1.10'
   Nanoleaf                        No monitoring or debugging requested
   Nanoleaf                        No monitoring or debugging requested
   Started plugin "Nanoleaf 1.1.0"
   Nanoleaf                        Initialising to poll at 300 second intervals
   Nanoleaf                        Autolog 'Nanoleaf V1 Controller' initialization complete
   Nanoleaf                        Starting  'Light Art' . . .
   Nanoleaf                        Discovering nanoleaf devices on network - this should take ~30.0 seconds . . .
   Nanoleaf                        . . . Started 'Light Art'
   Nanoleaf Error                  Discovering nanoleaf devices failed: Socket error while setting up host '192.168.1.10' discovery of nanoleaf devices!: [Errno 49] Can't assign requested address
   Nanoleaf                        Autolog 'Nanoleaf V1 Controller' checking for Plugin update
   Nanoleaf                        Checking for updates...
   Nanoleaf Error                  Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 439, in runConcurrentThread
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/nanoleaf.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 88, in checkForUpdate
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/nanoleaf.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 175, in _prepareForUpdate
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/nanoleaf.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 97, in getUpdate
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/nanoleaf.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 117, in getLatestRelease
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/nanoleaf.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 145, in _GET
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1053, in request
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1093, in _send_request
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1049, in endheaders
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 893, in _send_output
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 855, in send
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1274, in connect
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 352, in wrap_socket
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 579, in __init__
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 808, in do_handshake
SSLError: [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:590)

Nanoleaf Error                  plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Plus I am getting these vomiting in the log

Code: Select all
13 Apr 2018, 17:24:25
   Error                           cannot update device state for key clientConnectionStatus to value buffering (invalid enumeration value)
   Error                           cannot update device state for key clientConnectionStatus to value buffering (invalid enumeration value)
   Z-Wave                          received "Heating System Power Monitor" energy total to 0.9220 kWh
   Z-Wave                          received "Heating System Power Monitor" power load to 4.3 W
   Trigger                         Heating is Off
   Trigger                         Heating is No Longer Cooling Down

Nanoleaf is responding to iOS App instructions and Alexa instructions.

Nanoleaf rebooted.

Posted on
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:43 am
autolog offline

Uncheck Check for Updates in the plugin config, save and then reload the plugin. :)

Posted on
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:55 am
Busta999 offline

Thanks Jon,

Nanoleaf back online.

@Different Computers has the right idea, I’ll look to how to implement that but still good for the Nanoleaf Demo to have songs linked explicitly.... :-)

Will do a video tonight so it is Dark

Not sure how I’ll full room in...

Posted on
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:35 am

I would love to figure out how to select a Rhythm scene based on the iTunes song's genre, rather than just a change of song.

So I can have blue scenes for the blues, for example.

Posted on
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:52 am
Busta999 offline

I am using Plex as my main music player in the house and on mobile.

I put my entire music library on a spare 1TB OneDrive I wasn’t using, run Plex Cloud on that means my songs are available 7x24 anywhere.

Can also cache songs locally and play the songs from echoes around the house.

Is there no way to get the genre from the Plex song playing ?

That would be nice., then I could link genre to Nanoleaf

Posted on
Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:01 pm

Dunno about genre in Plex, as I don't use it as a music player. I don't see genre available in the iTunes plugin.

Posted on
Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:11 pm
Busta999 offline

@Jay. Video as requested

https://youtu.be/3DwaEN380Pc

Camera work not good but shows what is happening.

Mike
Last edited by Busta999 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:47 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Excellent!

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1