Netatmo plugin discussion

Posted on
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:48 am
Grevling offline

Re: Netatmo plugin discussion

@berkinet

I have now tried to "create" an app at the Netatmo developer site using a different app name, as Netatmo will not accept a name containing "netatmo" in any form. This got me the neccesary App ID and secret Key. This however, does not work in the plugin, and it spits out error messages at great speed.

Anyone else had this problem, or am I the only one who can't use "netatmoIndigo" as an app name? Is this app name mandatory for the plugin to work?

Any input is apreciated.

G

Posted on
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:08 am
berkinet offline

Grevling wrote:
I have now tried to "create" an app at the Netatmo developer site using a different app name, as Netatmo will not accept a name containing "netatmo" in any form. This got me the neccesary App ID and secret Key. This however, does not work in the plugin, and it spits out error messages at great speed.

Anyone else had this problem, or am I the only one who can't use "netatmoIndigo" as an app name? Is this app name mandatory for the plugin to work?

Any input is apreciated.

Did you read the Netatmo plugin announcement thread? You will find the information you need on the most recent post.

Posted on
Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:34 am
Grevling offline

Hi,
I did indeed read it. And again now offcourse. I found the information about the name and app information there. Netatmo won't accept the name, hence my question. I have, as stated used a different app name. Will that work?
I have tried realoading the plugin to no avail. Errors keep coming.
An I missing something?

Thanks

G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:25 am
berkinet offline

Grevling wrote:
...Am I missing something?...

At this point there is not much I can do. If I change the App name to meet the rules you are encountering it will break the plugin for all the current users. The problem is really with Netatmo. I suggest you contact their tech support and ask what they suggest you do.

Posted on
Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:29 am
Busta999 offline

At the risk of repeating something from this very long thread.

Every 10 seconds I get the following error in the Event Log.

Code: Select all
 Netatmo Plugin Error            Plugin stopping. Reason = 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'items'
   Netatmo Plugin                  Stopping Netatmo device read loop
   Netatmo Plugin Error            plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

I have tried stopping the plugin and restarting, I have tried re-loading the plugin - all to no avail.

I have tried recreating the Netatmo App Creation

Entered the details provided by the plugin docs and it returns with an error, stating the App Name/Description are in breach of the T&Cs - Unauthorised Application Name check developer guidelines.

Am I missing something really obvious - sorry if this is a repeat post, I'll keep searching.

Posted on
Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:35 am
berkinet offline

Busta999 wrote:

Netatmo Plugin Error            Plugin stopping. Reason = 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'items'
   Netatmo Plugin Error            plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

I have tried stopping the plugin and restarting, I have tried re-loading the plugin - all to no avail.

Entered the details provided by the plugin docs and it returns with an error, stating the App Name/Description are in breach of the T&Cs - Unauthorised Application Name check developer guidelines.

Am I missing something really obvious - sorry if this is a repeat post, I'll keep searching.

The Netatmo servers seem to have periodic problems. If the problem persists try deleting all your Netatmo devices and recreating them.

Posted on
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:51 am
Grevling offline

Busta999 wrote:

You seem to be encountering the same problem I am (see the 3-4 previous posts).
Netatmo will not accept an app name containing "netatmo". The following is stated in their terms and conditions on "branding":
Branding

Make sure you have a clear branding on your app. Especially, follow the Branding guidelines , do not imply your app is an official Netatmo app, was endorsed or is the result of a partnership with Netatmo if it is not.
Try to avoid confusion over who built your app, but do, of course mention you are using Netatmo Connect API.
Finally, do not use « Netatmo » in your app name, nor any confusing name.

I assume this has been implementet after the latest release of the plugin, and I don't see what can be done about it.
It does however seem that new users of this great plugin (me included), won't be able to use it for the time being.
I havent tried contacting netatmo yet, but I plan to.
I have no confidence however, that they will change their terms and conditions on the point of branding for us.

Let me know if you have any luck bypassing this problem.

G

Posted on
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:07 am
Busta999 offline

I emailed Netatmo yesterday - no response so far. Mine is already connected to Netatmo - As Berkinet suggested I deleted the Netatmo devices and re added them - they are working now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:08 am
Busta999 offline

berkinet wrote:
Busta999 wrote:

The Netatmo servers seem to have periodic problems. If the problem persists try deleting all your Netatmo devices and recreating them.

Thanks - that worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:37 am
Grevling offline

I have now gotten the plugin to work as well - WITH a different appname from the spesifications in the installation thread.
Deleted all netatmo devices, re-configured the plugin (with the same information as before) and relaunched it. Then added the netatmo devices again.

So, for new users who I assume will run into the same issue with the suggested app name not being allowed, it WILL work with a different app name.

G

Posted on
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:24 am
davinci offline

The download link is offline.

Posted on
Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:30 pm
Mirko offline

Hi,

I have some difficulties since today:
The Netatmo plugin doesn't read and seems constantly in a kind of 'loop'.

I have no idea what to do and since several triggers and actions are connected to the Netatmo I really need to get this working again.
Could you help me here!

.py", line 72, in readNetatmo
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Netatmo-1.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lnetatmo.py", line 73, in __init__
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Netatmo-1.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lnetatmo.py", line 269, in postRequest
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 431, in open
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 449, in _open
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1240, in https_open
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1197, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 61] Connection refused>

Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = <urlopen error [Errno 61] Connection refused>
Netatmo Plugin Stopping Netatmo device read loop
Netatmo Plugin Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = <urlopen error [Errno 61] Connection refused>
Netatmo Plugin Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Thanks a lot!

Mirko

Posted on
Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:04 am
MartinG offline

Anyone know what the current status is?

Very keen to get my Netatmo integrated with Indigo.

As posted above, the Dropbox download remains offline (I'm guessing because the plugin needs some work to adapt to Netatmo's API constraints).

I could work around this by (e.g.)posting data to Wunderground and re-capturing it via the Wundergronud plugin, but that's a bit of a fudge and I don't get all the data.

Posted on
Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:02 pm
berkinet offline

MartinG wrote:
...As posted above, the Dropbox download remains offline (I'm guessing because the plugin needs some work to adapt to Netatmo's API constraints)....

This was noted in a previous post in this topic. But, I will also update the announcement thread.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3q1C ... Hp6NDQ5Nmc

Posted on
Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:26 am
MarcoGT offline

Is the rain gauge working out of box? I mean, can I integrate into Indigo?

Thanks
Marco

Page 19 of 26 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26