Phidgets Plugin Discussion

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:31 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Phidget Not Showing in 10.7.5

Hey,

Finally got around to upgrading from 10.6.8 to 10.7.5 and find that my Phidget light sensor
stopped working. Not sure where to begin to troubleshoot it.
Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Carl
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 1.23.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 1.23.04 PM.png (76.81 KiB) Viewed 4685 times

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:54 pm
berkinet offline

Re: Phidget Not Showing in 10.7.5

ckeyes888 wrote:
...Finally got around to upgrading from 10.6.8 to 10.7.5 and find that my Phidget light sensor stopped working. Not sure where to begin to troubleshoot it.
Any help appreciated

Did you upgrade the Phidgets libs? Get the latest version of the 2.1 libs, not the newer 2.2 libs. If that doesn't fix the problem, call Phidgets. It is clearly a problem in their software.

Good luck.

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:37 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

Bingo. Updating got it working.

Many thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:37 pm
berkinet offline

v 0.7.1 available

V 0.7.1 is now available in the Indigo Plugin Store

Changes in this release include:
  • Sensitivity setting for tempsensor phidgets 1048 and 1051 now works correctly.
  • Contributions from arosen2000, sponsored by @BlaineM. Thanks!!
    • Added log messages to capture locking on OpenRemoteIP calls
    • Updated errorlog message to capture IP and Port of current devicefor tracking in an event code model
    • Added messaging for tracking WaitForAttach calls
    • Added try/exception clause around interfacekit.get... services as such calls made against an unattached device
      will cause exception currently calls to exit upon triggering of this exception. Perhaps should be reviewed for better flow

Posted on
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:03 pm
Wizard Sleeve offline

macOS high Sierra seems to have totally borked my installation. I didn't mean for the upgrade to happen but I'm guessing one of the annoying popups got clicked and we are here. Its running on a headless Mac mini so not so trivial to go back.

I am currently running 10.13.2 with the latest 2.1 version of the phidgets library. latest plugin store phidget plugin.

Whats happening is... If I boot and don't start indigo then I can see my several phidgets in the list in the settings app. If I click on one of the devices it shows all of its inputs and outputs. I can see them receiving input and it controls output just fine.

As soon as I start indigo the device goes offline. I can see it in the list in the settings app but If I click it I get "Attached Nothing" and no information.

Ive tried to remove the phidget and re add it in the plugin in indigo but when I click read ifKit it kills the USB connection to the device in the settings app and the plugin returns a fail.

Any thoughts what I could try. Im now going to completely remove the phidget library and reinstall.

Thanks

Lee

Posted on
Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:59 am
berkinet offline

Wizard Sleeve wrote:
macOS high Sierra seems to have totally borked my installation.... If I boot and don't start indigo then I can see my several phidgets in the list in the settings app. If I click on one of the devices it shows all of its inputs and outputs. I can see them receiving input and it controls output just fine.

As soon as I start indigo the device goes offline. I can see it in the list in the settings app but If I click it I get "Attached Nothing" and no information....

I have not tried the Phidgets plugin under 10.13, I am holding off until the reported issues with Indigo have been resolved. But, I have no reason to believe it will not work.

Based on your report, it sounds like you are connecting to the Phidgets locally via USB and opening the Phidgets from both the control panel General tab and the plugin. This is not supported because of a limitation in the Phidgets libraries. If you want to access a Phidget from more than one process, you must use the Bonjour tab in the control panel.

Posted on
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:16 pm
Wizard Sleeve offline

So I tried a fresh install of high Sierra no joy. Then went back to a fresh Sierra. It got it working again but I keep loosing connectivity if I send and receive connections quickly to the phidget.

I’m running the phidget in the preference pane and then running the web service in the 2.1 preferencepane. Then connection to that web service from your indigo plugin.

I remember trying to connect directly via usb but it wouldn’t show any devices connected in the plugin in indigo. So I thought I just had to do it via the web service and local host.

Have I been doing it wrong all this time. It’s been running fine for several years.

Thanks

Lee

Posted on
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:38 pm
berkinet offline

Wizard Sleeve wrote:
...I’m running the phidget in the preference pane and then running the web service in the 2.1 preferencepane. Then connection to that web service from your indigo plugin...

In the preference pane you must only connect to the phidgets from the Bonjour tab, and not the General tab. If you are running the web-service, your phidgets will show under both tabs. But. connecting via the General tab listing will lock the phidget out from the web-service, and Indigo. If you select the phidget from the Bonjour tab, the preference pane will use the web-service as well, allowing the plugin to access the phidget as well.
Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 17.26.31 .png
Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 17.26.31 .png (59.85 KiB) Viewed 4354 times

Posted on
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:39 pm
Wizard Sleeve offline

ok read through this thread yea i was doing as you said and yes if i click on bonjour i can see it shame wish i had tested that on high sierra now.

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:07 pm
Wizard Sleeve offline

Hi again.

Im still having issues with this and am starting to run out of ideas of things to try. Ill tell the story as it happened....

So I built my indigo server and got phidgets setup as the main interface to room connected PIR's, Audio detection relays and optically isolated outputs relays controlling garden lights and amp switching.

The 2 Phidgets are a 0/16/16 and a 8/8/8

This ran for about 2 years not missing a beat.

About 2 months before Christmas it started to drop connection to the phidget every now and then solved by a Mac restart.

It started to get much worse when (Don't know if coincidentally) I upgraded to indigo 7.

So I thought I would upgrade to High Sierra and that totally killed any communication to the web service and the cards.

Fresh installed High Sierra same result

Fresh installed Sierra and it came back online, Great I thought but several hours later dropped connection to the webservice,

I can now generally get about 2h of use out of the interface before it drops, and I've been running it now like that since before Christmas.

All I need to do I've discovered is stop and restart the Webservice on the preference pane and indigo fires straight back in to action detecting my motion as I move about the house.

Things I tried.....

Tried and new and bigger power supply on my relay outputs - No Effect
Tried disconnecting all usb's out of the Mac and running a New USB 1m direct from the Mac to the 0/16/16 (Not through my electrically noisy trunking) - No Effect
Tried going back to a much older version of the Phidget preference pane from there legacy downloads page - No Effect
Tried Several of your older plugins - No Effect

Today I have been running your phidgets plugin in debug and it seems to me like it just stops like there is no activity happening and then ill restart the webservice and it all just starts going right where it left off. It might be my imagination but it does seem to die quicker with the debug on.

I can't quite see for the 2.1 version how to run debug on their end.

Any thoughts. I could get another card wouldn't be an issue if it sorted it out but its killing my connection to the analog card at the same time which suggests its either the USB ports on my Mac failing or something totally wrong with there web service.

Many thanks for any ideas for something I could try. Its really doing my head In keep having to reset it all the time.

Lee

Here is my log from today....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2n2o7trhpnhy ... s.txt?dl=0

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:15 am
Wizard Sleeve offline

Hi I've solved this. thought I would put up what it was incase anyone else was having the same issue.

Power Saver on the Mac was set to standard.

Im guessing that was the original problem as well and somehow it got changed by something I installed. I wasn't catching it because everything else was waking when it needed to do some automation tasks but the phidgets were not surviving a sleep cycle.

Also this Mac is headless and I was logging in via VNC which was waking it for my access so I wasn't able to see it sleeping.

Ive had it running with power saver off for two days now not a single issue except me looking a bit foolish.

Thanks

Lee

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:44 pm
berkinet offline

Wizard Sleeve wrote:
Hi I've solved this. thought I would put up what it was incase anyone else was having the same issue.

Power Saver on the Mac was set to standard.... ...Ive had it running with power saver off for two days now not a single issue ...

Glad you got it fixed and thanks for posting the resolution.

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:28 pm
BlaineM offline

berkinet wrote:
Wizard Sleeve wrote:

Power Saver on the Mac was set to standard.... ...Ive had it running with power saver off for two days now not a single issue ...

Glad you got it fixed and thanks for posting the resolution.

+1 on posting the solution. These types of issues can definitely cause pulling your hair out.

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:01 pm
gtreece offline

Just want to clarify that the phidgets library 21 requirement is meaning the libraries installed on my Indigo Mac, and not the libraries installed on the SBC? Wanting to know if I can a) safely apply updates to my SBC, and b) continue to buy SBC units without fear of them not working...

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:21 pm
BlaineM offline

gtreece wrote:
Just want to clarify that the phidgets library 21 requirement is meaning the libraries installed on my Indigo Mac, and not the libraries installed on the SBC? Wanting to know if I can a) safely apply updates to my SBC, and b) continue to buy SBC units without fear of them not working...

Yes, it's strictly the Mac that Indigo is running on. Can't speak to the updates you want to apply to the SBC, but a brand new out-of-the-box SBC will work as is against Indigo running 2.1 libraries and the Phidgets plugin.

Page 28 of 39 1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 39