Thingspeak Plugin Update v1.1.01

Posted on
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:00 am
DaveL17 offline

Thingspeak Plugin Update v1.1.01

Changes to Plugin Configuration
You must now set your main Thingspeak API key via the plugin configuration menu. If you would like to enable Twitter integration, enter your Twitter ID here (you must also enable Twitter integration via the Thingspeak website, under Thingspeak Apps).

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 6.50.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 6.50.44 AM.png (100.96 KiB) Viewed 4128 times

Changes to Device Configuration
Devices are now linked to existing Thingspeak channels by selecting the appropriate channel from the dropdown (eliminates the need to manage individual API keys for each channel, instead relying on the main user API key which is now entered into the plugin configuration settings)

Each device can now update on its own time setting (this was a feature request that took me entirely too long to implement).

Twitter integration will only work if you have configured Twitter via Thingspeak Apps (on the Thingspeak web site) and also in the plugin configuration.

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 6.47.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 6.47.10 AM.png (37.63 KiB) Viewed 4128 times

New Tools to manage your Thingspeak Channels:
There are now several tools that you can use to manage your Thingspeak Channels, accessible from the plugin menu.

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 6.36.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 6.36.01 AM.png (27.87 KiB) Viewed 4128 times

For example, when you select the Update Channel Info tool, a dialog will open which allows you to make changes to an existing channel.

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 6.41.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 6.41.22 AM.png (110.47 KiB) Viewed 4128 times

The list of available channels will be pulled down from the Thingspeak server and once selected, the fields will be populated with existing information. Changes made to the information in these fields will be re-uploaded to Thingspeak when you click the Update button. The other tools available here should be pretty self-explanatory. Use these tools with caution as once the changes are committed, they are final!

Hopefully the new functionality is worth the price of admission. :D Please post any questions or bugs related to this update here.

ETA: The plugin documentation has been updated to reflect these changes.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:34 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Thingspeak Plugin Update v1.1.01

Just a note that the plugin documentation has now been updated to reflect the most recent changes.

Posted on
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:38 pm
Colly offline

Hi Dave,

I installed the plugin earlier but don't seem to have the option to configure it. Did it install correctly? Or am I doing something wrong?
Attachments
Screenshot 2017-09-06 22.32.10.png
Screenshot 2017-09-06 22.32.10.png (8.56 KiB) Viewed 4040 times

Posted on
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:49 pm
DaveL17 offline

Colly wrote:
Hi Dave,

I installed the plugin earlier but don't seem to have the option to configure it. Did it install correctly? Or am I doing something wrong?

Sorry you're having trouble. Hard to know for sure, but the answers to your question are probably Yes and No. Yes, you probably installed it correctly, and it's unlikely that you did something wrong. I inspected the relevant bit of code and it appears to be okay, and it has run on my development and production servers without incident (they are both Indigo 7). Please do me a solid and try the following steps.

First, please try stopping the Indigo Server, exit Indigo, and then restart. Hopefully, this will clear the error.

If not, please stop the Indigo Server and delete the following file: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.fogbert.indigoplugin.thingspeak.indiPref (replacing the '7' with the appropriate Indigo version you're using), and then restart.

If neither work, I'll have to investigate further.

Posted on
Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:07 pm
DaveL17 offline

I have just found a couple of bugs by rerunning the plugin against Indigo 6, but the bugs I found likely apply to Indigo 6 and 7 installations. I have uploaded a fix to GitHub (v1.1.02) and will update the version thread to reflect the changes.

If these bugs were the cause of your trouble, v1.1.02 should help immensely.

Posted on
Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:15 pm
Colly offline

Hi Dave,

I was just about to reply that I didn't have any success when I seen your update. I installed the update and I can now see the Configure menu item and others. Thanks for the quick response and update to plugin.

Posted on
Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:16 pm
DaveL17 offline

Colly wrote:
Hi Dave,

I was just about to reply that I didn't have any success when I seen your update. I installed the update and I can now see the Configure menu item and others. Thanks for the quick response and update to plugin.

Perfect. Thanks for letting me know. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you see any other errors or other ways that the update has stripped a gear, please do let me know.

Posted on
Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:18 pm
Colly offline

DaveL17 wrote:
If you see any other errors or other ways that the update has stripped a gear, please do let me know.

I will of course.

Page 1 of 1