Socket Test Failure, but no obvious reason why

Posted on
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:41 am
paulkaliciak offline

Socket Test Failure, but no obvious reason why

Hi - I installed the latest version of the plugin a few days ago, and everything was working great, then suddenly Indigo stopped controlling my Harmony hub. The event log reads:

Harmony Hub Debug Called deviceStartComm(self, device): Harmony Hub - Office Living Room 2017 (854680027)
Harmony Hub Debug Harmony Hub - Office Living Room 2017: Device Current Version = 0
Harmony Hub Debug Harmony Hub - Office Living Room 2017: Device Version is up to date
Harmony Hub Debug Harmony Hub - Office Living Room 2017: Starting harmonyHub device (854680027)
Harmony Hub Warning Harmony Hub - Office Living Room 2017: Socket test failure
Harmony Hub Error Harmony Hub - Office Living Room 2017: Error starting harmonyHub device, possibly bad IP address, disabling...
Harmony Hub Debug Called deviceStopComm(self, device): Harmony Hub - Office Living Room 2017 (854680027)

I've tripled checked that the IP number of the Harmony Hub is entered correctly in the plugin. I've rebooted everything, but nothing helps. I'm just baffled as to why this was working fine for several days then suddenly breaks. Any ideas?

Posted on
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:46 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Socket Test Failure, but no obvious reason why

Are you using a DHCP reservation for the Hub? Have you checked the app to see if it changed IP address on you?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:27 am
paulkaliciak offline

The IP address hasn't changed, I've confirmed that with the Harmony iOS app. And when I scan my network, I can see the IP number has been assigned to the Logitech hub.

Posted on
Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:00 am
paulkaliciak offline

There must be something wrong with my network - I just wanted to check with you to see if anything obvious came to mind that could be a problem. I'll keep working on why Indigo and your plugin can't see the hub.

Thanks
Paul

P.S. Well, I kept rebooting everything in different orders, and I managed to get Indigo seeing the Harmony Hub again. It might be an issue with my router, I'll know better if/when it happens again.
Last edited by paulkaliciak on Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:08 am
FlyingDiver offline

The plugin does a very simple test and tries to open a socket connection to port 5222 on the Hub IP address. This is the port used by the xmpp protocol, so it should work if the Hub is reachable.

Can you ping the Hub's IP address from your Mac?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1