iTunes starts playing by itself?

Posted on
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:18 pm
Colly offline

iTunes starts playing by itself?

Hi Folks,
I run my Indigo install on a headless Mac Mini and even with the iTunes Plugin disabled it randomly starts playing. I don't use my Mac Mini for anything else so I'm baffled as to what is going on and how it seemingly starts playing by itself. Common sense would tell me it's nothing to do with Indigo but as stated above I don't do anything else but Indigo on it.. Any help would be appreciated
Colly

Posted on
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:23 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: iTunes starts playing by itself?

Are you absolutely sure you don't have any Indigo AppleScripts that target iTunes? Those would not require the iTunes plugin.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:28 pm
Colly offline

Not that I'm aware of anyhow. I've never tried AppleScripts as its beyond my current capabilities.

Posted on
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:27 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Check the Event Log window when it starts up and see if there's anything there. If the plugin is disabled then it's definitely not that. It could be a script though as @Different Computers points out. If there's nothing in the event log, then it's unlikely it has anything to do with Indigo.

Also, does the Mac that you have running the Indigo Server have an IR receiver? If so, maybe you're using an Apple Remote for something else (like an Apple TV) and the signal is leaking to the Mac occasionally? That used to periodically happen to me (many years ago with a MacBook that had an IR receiver built-in).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:43 pm
Colly offline

Jay you're a STAR!
The Mac Mini is located close to an Apple TV and sure as hell once I played with the Apple TV remote iTunes started playing. :lol:
Consider it sorted..

Page 1 of 1