iTunes 12 and Indigo 7

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:28 pm
jltnol offline

iTunes 12 and Indigo 7

Hey guys

Due to a bunch of factors, I did a fresh install of Indigo with Sierra, and a fresh install of Sierra on my main Mac, but that does host iTunes.

Soooooo I'm trying to get the latest version of iTunes to be a devices with an iTunes Plugin... but can't seem to get it to recognize...

Used to be a "remote" icon that would pair iTunes with the plug-in, but I don't see it in the iTunes window. ... or I can't find it... or both..

No doubt Apple has FUBAR'd this up but am curious if anyone has a way to make this work.....

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:56 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: iTunes 12 and Indigo 7

In the upper left side of the iTunes window, you see the left arrow button, right arrow button, and a popup to select the type (Music, TV, Movies, etc). When you add the iTunes device and you have the define dialog open, just to the right of the popup will be a little button with a play icon in it. That's it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:17 pm
jltnol offline

As always, THANKS.

Apple continues to make iTunes almost un-usable for users.... but I personally think they are sabotaging iTunes in a effort to move everyone to music subscriptions....

But, Thanks!

Posted on
Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:09 am
durosity offline

I fully expect them to create a new Apple Music app for macOS and windows and slowly retire iTunes in the not too distant future. Of course the music app will have no 3rd party integration..

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:17 pm
hoff_10 offline

I'm also having troubles pairing Indigo with iTunes 12.6.2.20. I had it paired and it just stopped working one day. I have tried to pair it about 20-30 times and I keep getting an error message. I have even deleted the iTunes server within indigo and within iTunes I made it forget all of the remotes it was paired with to try to start from fresh and I still get the same error. A screenshot is below.

When I hover over the red text, it just says that an unknown pairing error has occurred.

I have even attempted to reload the iTunes plug-in, of which I have version 2.0.4 installed. Any ideas?

Posted on
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:16 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Any errors in the Event Log?

Select the Toggle Debugging menu item from the iTunes plugin menu then try to do the pairing again.

FYI, I just reset mine here and repaired with that exact version of iTunes and it worked fine. You don't happen to have both WiFi and Ethernet enabled do you? That can cause a variety of network issues.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:44 pm
hoff_10 offline

Thanks...It was the ethernet + wifi issue. Paired fine this time...now to remake that control page :?

Posted on
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:08 pm
Monstergerm offline

I have the same issue with the same version of iTunes with one of my two computers on my network. The Debug log looks fine, it appears to pair just fine. It also looks like Indigo can control iTunes just fine. It's just this error message in red that always reappears.

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:42 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Do you have both ethernet and WiFi enabled?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:06 pm
Monstergerm offline

I tried to disable Ethernet or Wifi on my laptop but it did not help with getting rid of the error message. As I said, it looks like everything is working fine despite the error message.

Posted on
Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:41 pm
hamw offline

Same problem here. Had to search and find this thread. Maybe you all could put a little blurb in the the setup dialog box to turn off wifi if pairing fails? Works now.

Page 1 of 1