Fibaro KeyFob

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:32 am
dniklewicz offline

Re: Fibaro KeyFob

KeyFob is working now :D
Thank you Matt, it was really fast!

Kind regards,

Derek

Posted on
Mon May 08, 2017 12:57 pm
Umtauscher offline

Hi,

I just got my Fibaro Keyfob and am trying to sync it. I installed the above z-wave library but I am unable to sync the device unless I am doing something wrong.
I connected the device in security mode which seems to work (green lkight at the end)
I now have a Basic Wall controller which I try to sync. Am I correct in pressing O and + for syncing?
After doing that severtal times I get the message the device migt not be awake.... sync failed.

Code: Select all
08.05.2017 20:20:23
   Z-Wave                          controller included module: 126 - Basic Wall Controller
   Z-Wave                          querying module for encryption support
   Z-Wave                          starting encryption key exchange with module
   Z-Wave                          completed encryption key exchange with module
   Z-Wave                          stopped controller inclusion mode

08.05.2017 20:21:15
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - started for "126 - Basic Wall Controller"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 1, 3, 4, 9, 10, 12, 27, 28, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 74, 76, 78, 80, 86, 100, 122, 124
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigning return route to "126 - Basic Wall Controller"

08.05.2017 20:21:34
   Z-Wave Error                    Syncing - failed to assign return route
   Z-Wave Error                    Syncing - failed
   Z-Wave Error                    Timeout waiting for "126 - Basic Wall Controller". Module might be asleep, or is unreachable.

Any ideas what I can do?
BTW: I am using the original Aeotect stick
Thnaks for any help you could give

Wilhelm

Posted on
Mon May 08, 2017 1:08 pm
Umtauscher offline

Code: Select all
   Z-Wave                          started controller inclusion mode
   Z-Wave                          stopping controller inclusion mode
   Z-Wave                          stopped controller inclusion mode
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - started for "127 - Basic Wall Controller"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 1, 3, 4, 9, 10, 12, 27, 28, 50, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 74, 76, 78, 80, 86, 97, 100, 122, 124
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigning return route to "127 - Basic Wall Controller"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigned return route
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved manufacture and model names: Fibaro System - 010F, Keyfob (FGKF601) - 10011000
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved protocol version 4.38, app version 3.02
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved class hierarchy: Routing Slave : Wall Controller : Basic Wall Controller (04 : 18 : 01, base 00)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved command classes: 80v1 84v2 85v1 86v1 8Ev1 56v1 98v1 59v1 5Av1 5Bv1 5Ev1 20v1 22v1 70v1 72v1 73v1 75v1 7Av1
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved encrypt commands: - none -
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved capabilities: routing, battery, beaming, security, waking
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved wake interval of 0 minutes
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - device "127 - Basic Wall Controller" wake interval changed to 60 minutes
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 1 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 2 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 3 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 4 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 5 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 6 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 7 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 8 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 9 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 10 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 11 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 12 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 13 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - added group 1 association to interface
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved battery level of 100%
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - created device "127 - Keyfob (FGKF601)"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - complete
   SQL Logger                      creating table device_history_374652588 for "127 - Keyfob (FGKF601)"
   SQL Logger                      adding column "batterylevel_ui" to table device_history_374652588 ("127 - Keyfob (FGKF601)")

This is what happens without encryption. That seems to work, but I think without encryption I wouldn't want to use that device for security puposes...

Posted on
Mon May 08, 2017 2:40 pm
CliveS offline

I also have the same problem, used the button so much to try and get it to sync with encryption it now reads 34% battery left, so much for 2 years battery life.
Then tried without encryption and it synced.
I will hold off getting the second one out of the box and run the battery down until it is fully supported, hopefully in 7.0.4 as I need encryption as it is going to unlock the Yale front door Z-wave lock.

CliveS

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:03 pm
petematheson offline

Got the key fob working, however I can't get a double or triple click to work - it just detects multiple one clicks. Any ideas?

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:23 pm
Umtauscher offline

well I still don't use it. After 3months there still is no update. No encryption.
I am really disappointed.

I will try and answer you question but it will take me a few days until I can get to it.
Cheers
Wilhelm

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:29 pm
howartp offline

The encryption problem isn't an Indigo one; you need to get the keyfob to stay awake or keep waking it.

Encryption does take longer to sync which is why it's maybe going to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:39 pm
petematheson offline

Ah do you have one with encryption? I just could never get it to start doing the full sync with encryption.

Be nice to be able to use all of the functions, not just 6 buttons though.

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:43 pm
howartp offline

Are you using native Indigo actions/triggers or my plugin?

My plugin in debug mode will show you what it's seeing, both raw commands and decoded.

(I've no devices so I don't know what UI native Indigo gives anymore)

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:06 pm
petematheson offline

Using native 'when receiving z-wave command' via Indigo with the updated Z-Wave library.
In the logs I just see 'Button 1 pressed' rather than 'Button one pressed twice' which I believe I should see? (Since it shows in the list of available commands)

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:09 pm
howartp offline

That sounds right. (ie wrong)

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:22 pm
petematheson offline

On my 'the button' it reports correctly though - button pressed x times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:19 pm
howartp offline

Parameters 21-26 control which multi-presses are sent.

Default is value 9, which is Single presses plus Held.

You need to set them to value 15 (i.e. 8+3+2+1) which is 1-3 clicks plus held.

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:53 pm
dniklewicz offline

petematheson wrote:
Using native 'when receiving z-wave command' via Indigo with the updated Z-Wave library.
In the logs I just see 'Button 1 pressed' rather than 'Button one pressed twice' which I believe I should see? (Since it shows in the list of available commands)

Multiple button presses are not enabled by default on the KeyFob, you must enable them with configuration parameters.

Regards

Derek

Posted on
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:14 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7.1.1 is now available for download and supports the Fibaro Keyfob (FGKF601).