Switch control page on event

Posted on
Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:22 am
norcoscia offline

Switch control page on event

I thought this would be easy but I can't seem to figure it out.

I have a normal control page displayed - when something happens (like a motion event) - I want the control pace to switch to another control pace for a min, then switch back.

I see no way to switch pages w/o touching a button on the screen.

Hoping the answer does not involve me getting BS in computer science - but I have a feeling :-(

Thanks for any help

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:48 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Switch control page on event

You're asking for a "pushed" control page. This can work in two very specific situations:

If you're using DomoPad for Android instead of Indigo Touch, and you have the DomoPad Plugin installed. This works great and while DomoPad is excellent for other things too, this feature is, for me, the #1 with a bullet reason I wanted it. For example, I use it to switch the screen to my "Now Playing" iTunes control page for the first minute of any new song playing, then the tablet switches back to the security camera feed.

With the brand new Dynamic Refreshing URL plugin you can push an image ON a control page on any event. With a little luck, this is what you really want to achieve anyway.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:55 am
norcoscia offline

Thanks for the info but not sure that is exactly what I'm trying to do - I have a normal page displayed with status and general information - no images - but when my ring doorbell has a change to it's motion state I want to switch to a control page that has a full screen image of the camera input. I have the reg control page and the control page with the big picture working but I can't automatically switch them based on events or state changes.

Hope I'm explaining this OK....

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:59 am

Yup, you're explaining it fine.

Unfortunately, there's no way to do that using a browser or Indigo Touch. It would work with DomoPad.

I could imagine a weird workaround where you have two images on one page: One image is just a piece of your background. The other is the image from the Ring. When the Ring event happens, the Dynamic Refreshing URL could turn it to the Ring image from the background image. But all your controls would be overlaid on it.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:01 am

OK wait.

Is this control page displaying on an iOS device? Viewed in a browser or via Indigo Touch or what?

Because I bet there's a way to make what you want happen by scripting a browser, IF you're doing it on a Mac or a PC using a full blown web browser.

Posted on
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:03 am
norcoscia offline

Thanks - I did want this to work on an IPAD but I did pick up a 8 inch fire the other day and I do have Domo Pad running on it - I did not set up the server side stuff for Domopad - is that how / what I need to do to make it work?

Thanks again...

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:58 am

Yup!

It's very straightforward. With the DomoPad plugin in Indigo, your Fire becomes an Indigo device that you can send Actions to--and those actions include pushing control pages.

Posted on
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:59 am
roussell offline

Yep, you gotta add the server plugin for Domopad. It gives you what you need to do things to the tablet in response to trigger/actions on the server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:03 am
norcoscia offline

Cool, doing it now - thanks guys

Now, if I could only get 100% reliable whole house announcements my HA paradise would be finished - well for at least one day :-)

_______
Norm

Page 1 of 1