Version 1.0.4 Now Available

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:43 am
autolog offline

Re: Version 1.0.4 Now Available

That doesn't seem correct to me - it should be picking up your computer name?

Once the dust has settled on sorting your systems out, I suggest you try Version 1.0.5 and set your host computer address in the plugin config to see if that helps. :)

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:24 pm
Different Computers offline

I noticed that too--seems my computer name hadn't been set or maybe not picked up since the OS upgrade. But when I look at a command line, indeed it started with "Unknown."

and "domain" is what my idiot DSL modem calls its network.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:42 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, something is misconfigured on your Mac. Usually we see domain names hosed like this when someone is running macOS server. Look in the Network System Preference and see what's there for Computer name.

[EDIT] sorry, the Sharing System Preference

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:17 pm

It showed up properly over Bonjour. This may have been a relic forced on the computer by the network going nuts as the upgrade was happening.

I used
Code: Select all
scutil --set HostName
to change it after I noticed it.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:59 pm

I'm now seeing this response to the command. My Indigo box is named Indigo:
Code: Select all
Indigo:~ mike$ python -c "import socket; print socket.gethostname()"
Indigo

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:14 pm

After a few restarts of the plugin and the Aurora, the plugin suddenly found the device and all is well!

I wonder though: is the thing that looks like a MAC address some made up device ID? Because my router doesn't show that Mac address as connected. But things are working.

Posted on
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:46 am
autolog offline

Different Computers wrote:
After a few restarts of the plugin and the Aurora, the plugin suddenly found the device and all is well!

I wonder though: is the thing that looks like a MAC address some made up device ID? Because my router doesn't show that Mac address as connected. But things are working.

The thing that looks like a MAC address is a generated device ID. It will remain constant once you have done the initial setup of the Aurora and connected it to your wi-fi via the iOS App. If you were to completely reset the Aurora device and go through the initial setup again, this device ID would change. Unfortunately it isn't easy to get at the real device MAC Address which would make things easier and more logical for the plugin. I have it on my to-do list to see whether I can work out how to do that. :)