Interacting with a Notification?

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:36 am
mikejandreau offline

Interacting with a Notification?

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I searched everything I could think of in the terms in my brain...

Here's what I'm looking to do:

Via a trigger, send some sort of Notification to my mobile devices that I can interact with.

Here's what I'm thinking of my use case.

I have a trigger for my upstairs Nest thermostat.
When the room it's in is hotter than X degrees, send a notification to my phone:

"The bedroom is X degrees, would you like to turn on the air conditioner?"

Yes / No buttons

Tap yes, and it sends the command to turn on the AC device in Indigo.

I know I could get a Notification then just go into the app and turn on the AC. Just looking to streamline it a little more.

Thoughts?

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:08 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Interacting with a Notification?

Only way I can think of making this happen is with DomoPad on Android to push a special Control Page to the phone.

Here's hoping the next version of Indigo Touch will allow for pushed pages!!!! (To go along with the full ARKit visualization of your devices and their interconnections. :P )

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:16 am
FlyingDiver offline

You could do this now with the Twilio SMS plugin and some timers and variables.

Have the trigger send an SMS with the message, set a variable that remembers what question was asked, and a timer for a response timeout.

Get the message, reply "yes" or "no".

Trigger on the received SMS, check the sender, check the timer, check the variable, do what's needed.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:57 am
RogueProeliator offline

Only way I can think of making this happen is with DomoPad on Android to push a special Control Page to the phone.

For posterity, DomoPad actually supports actionable notifications -- you don't need to push a control page. You can choose "Notification Actions" when defining a push notification within the plugin and give up to two actions (buttons) a name and an Action Group to execute.

For instance, if you use presence detection of some kind you can have it push "Everyone has left the house, arm the alarm?" with a Yes/No option.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 am
mikejandreau offline

Should have clarified that we're an iOS family.

That said, I appreciate the workarounds (I also found a Messages plugin); but opening my phone/iPad and sending a text isn't really any faster than just opening the Indigo Touch app and doing that.

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:28 am
RogueProeliator offline

That said, I appreciate the workarounds (I also found a Messages plugin); but opening my phone/iPad and sending a text isn't really any faster than just opening the Indigo Touch app and doing that.

IIRC, you can save a link straight to a control page on the home screen -- might be relatively fast (as compared to opening IT normally and navigating) if you created a simple control page for taking action and thus you were just one click to open it and one further click to take the appropriate action.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:50 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

You can also use the Pushover plugin - which allows you to send push notifications with a URL attached (pushover is a one-time $4.99 purchase). You can then specify the URL to a control page (indigodomo://controlpage/control%20page%20name) and then when you get the notification you can tap the link to the control page (you can even have it auto-open the url when you open the notification in pushover by sliding the notification on your Phone).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:53 am
mikejandreau offline

This might work. I didn't realize you could link to a Control Page from Pushover (which I'm using already).

I'll give that a whirl. Thanks Jay!

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:58 am
mikejandreau offline

Jay, is that the right format for the link?

I just tried it and the link doesn't do anything regardless if I swipe the Notification or if I go into Pushover and try to click it.

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:11 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Ah, sorry, we added "indigodomo" as a handler to avoid conflicts with another app that's now using "indigo" in the next Indigo Touch release. Switch "indigodomo" to just "indigo" and it should work.

Here's a link to the handlers.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:13 am
mikejandreau offline

Magic.

Is there a URL schema for a specific device, too?

ie; indigo://devices/xyz?

Then I can go right to the appropriate device.

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:15 am
mikejandreau offline

Found the docs (http://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id= ... uch_urls&s[]=controlpage), doesn't look like devices are supported.

Feature request, please and thank you! Would love to be able to link right to a device and control it from a notification. (Though, for now, the Control Panel will suffice).

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:21 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

More advanced control (devices, etc.) is definitely on the request list. It is a bit more complicated because of the security implications. We wouldn't want a malicious party to be able to present (or MiM attack) a web page with a URL like indigo://devices/frontdoor/unlock, for example, then trick the user to clicking on it. We can address the security issues, but will require some thought and work.

Posted on
Mon May 07, 2018 3:34 pm
whmoorejr offline

Could you text yourself a http put command?

Code: Select all
http://127.0.0.1:8176/devices/thermostat?_method=put&hvacCurrentMode=auto%20on

It should show up as a hyper link that if you click on it, it will turn on your a/c.

credit: http://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id=indigo_s_restful_urls

I guess you could use your reflector address for doing this away from home.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed May 09, 2018 1:29 pm
noel1983 offline

I have this working to lock the door if its left open and we’re not home. I receive a pushover notification with a url I can click that directly changes the state of the relay. Someone kindly pointed me in the direction of the api docs which gave me in simple terms what I needed.

Not sure if its goes to enough detail for what you’re after. If not then another way would be if you can set a variable via a url then have a trigger monitoring a variable that then acts on it.

Page 1 of 1