Version 1.0.4 Now Available

Posted on
Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:54 am
autolog offline

Version 1.0.4 Now Available

I have uploaded V1.0.4 to Github .

Discovery now runs on a separate thread so that existing Indigo nanoleaf devices are immediately active on plugin start and reload.

Processing work-around added to enable Indigo action ‘Set RGBW Levels’ to work.
To differentiate between Color and White the plugin does the following: If any of Red, Green or Blue values are greater than zero then the plugin assumes you are setting a Color otherwise it will use the White Level and Temperature values.

See main announcement post for download link. :)

Posted on
Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:06 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Version 1.0.4 Now Available

I think you mean "Now"
:D

This is working great for me, to the point that I only have a couple of UI nits to pick. They're fresh in my mind because I just set up about 10 different actions with my panels.

1. Seems like "nanoleaf" should be capitalized throughout the plugin. I mean yeah the logo isn't capitalized, but they do capitalize in text.

2. When choosing an action, you have to select a device type, but there's only one option. Is this just a placeholder for future anticipated products, like those Nanoleaf light bulbs?

3. Even if you only have one Aurora, you still need to select it when creating an action. Possible for it to be selected automatically?

This is awesome work, autolog!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:24 am
autolog offline

Different Computers wrote:
I think you mean "Now"
:D

Yes - Now (excuse the pun) corrected. :)

Different Computers wrote:
This is working great for me, to the point that I only have a couple of UI nits to pick. They're fresh in my mind because I just set up about 10 different actions with my panels.

1. Seems like "nanoleaf" should be capitalized throughout the plugin. I mean yeah the logo isn't capitalized, but they do capitalize in text.

2. When choosing an action, you have to select a device type, but there's only one option. Is this just a placeholder for future anticipated products, like those Nanoleaf light bulbs?

3. Even if you only have one Aurora, you still need to select it when creating an action. Possible for it to be selected automatically?

This is awesome work, autolog!

re: points above:
  1. I was wondering about that but took a design decision to make it all lowercase - you've now encouraged me to change it for the next release :)
  2. This is the way Indigo's UI works and can't be changed by a plugin AFAIK
  3. Likewise as point 2. above. The easiest way to do this (but probably too late for you now as you have already set-up the actions) is to set-up the first action and then just duplicate the action: change its name and edit the effect to choose a different one and then save the action.
Thanks for the kind words. :)

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:52 pm
Gusten offline

The plugin workes perfectly, the only problem is my wife, she won't let me install them, she doesn't want the house looking like a spaceship :)

Maybe I shall talk with here before buying cool stuff :)

Anyone can share images of them installed ? So I can show her.

/Martin

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:23 pm
Shutter offline

You and me both. She says she doesn't need to flood the room in different colours. In fairness I'm not that keen on flooding the room with colour either, but subtle hints on one or two panels might be nice.

I've also attempted to argue that we can cool down or warm up the lights subtly depending on the season. That hasn't worked.

What are the lights like when white? Can you subtly colour them to match cool or warm white?

Gusten wrote:
The plugin workes perfectly, the only problem is my wife, she won't let me install them, she doesn't want the house looking like a spaceship :)

Maybe I shall talk with here before buying cool stuff :)

Anyone can share images of them installed ? So I can show her.

/Martin

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:31 pm

They have a variety of color temperatures. You could also mix more or less white panels with colored panels.

I will get around to sharing a picture, but a house that looks like a spaceship is sort of an aesthetic my wife and I agree on. So I'm not sure how much help it will be!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:22 pm

Once again, I was forced to replace my DSL modem, and my nanoleaf is fine--but the plugin can't find it. I think it's perhaps insisting on looking for it at its previous IP address, which was dynamic and is no longer the same.

I've disabled and restarted the plugin, but I still get:
Code: Select all
nanoleaf                        Initialising to poll at 300 second intervals
   nanoleaf                        Autolog 'nanoleaf V1 Controller' initialization complete
   nanoleaf                        Starting  'Wall Art' . . .
   nanoleaf                        . . . Started 'Wall Art'
   nanoleaf                        Discovering nanoleaf devices on network - this should take ~30.0 seconds . . .
   nanoleaf                        Autolog 'nanoleaf V1 Controller' checking for Plugin update
   nanoleaf Error                  StandardError detected communicating with NANOLEAF lamp:
   nanoleaf                        Checking for updates...
   nanoleaf Error                  Traceback (most recent call last):
   nanoleaf Error                    File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/nanoleaf.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/discovery.py", line 83, in run
   nanoleaf Error                      rc, statusMessage, self.globals['discovery']['discoveredDevices'] = discover_auroras(self.globals['discovery']['period'])  # discover nanoleaf Auroras on network
   nanoleaf Error                    File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/nanoleaf.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nanoleaf/discover.py", line 41, in discover_auroras
   nanoleaf Error                      sock.bind((socket.gethostname(), 9090))
   nanoleaf Error                    File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 228, in meth
   nanoleaf Error                      return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
   nanoleaf Error                  error: [Errno 49] Can't assign requested address
   nanoleaf                        No updates are available
   nanoleaf                        Autolog 'nanoleaf V1 Controller' next update check scheduled for: Tuesday, 2017-Jun-27 at 17:16
   nanoleaf Error                  Problem retrieving status for device 'Wall Art': Timeout occurred proccesing request

Posted on
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:36 pm
autolog offline

Looks like I need to put in some more user-friendly error checking :wink:

I am not a networking expert, but for some reason it can't connect to Port 9090 on your host computer using a bind with socket.gethostname().

Can you run the following command in a terminal window to see what you get: python -c "import socket; print socket.gethostname()"
Just copy and paste the results from the terminal window into a code block in the reply to this post.

That might give us a clue as to what is going on - I suspect it is something to do with your new router setup but we need to figure out what.

I think this sort of issue has reared its head with the Alexa-Hue Bridge in the past?

Posted on
Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:37 pm

I don't have anything Alexa, so I can't comment there.

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:47 am
autolog offline

Were you able to run the command and if so what was the output :?:

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:22 am
chasyori offline

Hi,

Yes I'm running v1.0.4

thank for your help
Attachments
plugin.log
(140.49 KiB) Downloaded 216 times

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:18 am
autolog offline

autolog wrote:
Were you able to run the command and if so what was the output :?:

@Different Computers: I have uploaded a new version (1.0.5) to Github. It has improved discovery error checking. You can also now specify the host computer IP address in the Plugin configuration which will override the normal process. This may help with the issue you are having? :)

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:28 am
autolog offline

Hi @chasyori,
Please can you update to the latest version (V1.0.5) that I have just uploaded to Github.

I need to see the debug log entries for when the Plugin starts. The log you uploaded only has the plugin in a running state and just shows the plugin running its polling loop. So if you install the new version and then upload the log after it fails to discover any of your devices it will hopefully allow me to see what is happening.

As I don't know what the problem is (yet), you might also like to try the new Plugin configuration option that allows you to specify your host computer's IP address - this might help? :)

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:05 am

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to try. In a horrific freak of technical synchronization, my DSL modem crapped out when I was one reboot into upgrading my Indigo mac to 10.12.5. I ended up with some display problems meaning I could only access it via remote desktop, which is tricky with the network down!

And this morning I realized my Z-stick drivers didn't survive the upgrade. Fun fun!

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:56 am

python -c "import socket; print socket.gethostname()"
returns
Unknown.domain