How to reset HomeKit if homebridge disappears

Posted on
Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:14 am
webdeck offline

How to reset HomeKit if homebridge disappears

iMore wrote this great article on how to reset HomeKit when things go wrong on the iOS side and your homebridge disappears or becomes unreachable:

http://www.imore.com/did-your-homekit-home-disappear-heres-how-reset-homekit-sync

-Mike

Posted on
Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:45 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: How to reset HomeKit if homebridge disappears

On a potentially related note, anyone know what causes all your painstakingly assigned devices/accessories in iOS Home to suddenly disappear and then reappear in the Default Room, which I had previously gotten rid of by emptying?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:13 pm
justin_vt offline

Might not be helpful, but I've noticed that if I mess with my network configuration (i.e. under System Preferences -> Network), -at all- on the box running homebridge, homebridge will disappear from my HomeKit app and I'll have to re-create my accessories.

Posted on
Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:50 pm

I've been wrestling with a different problem since I tried adding a new iPad to the mix and had to reset HomeKit:

All my devices got wiped of course, and while I can reconnect to Home, see my new Nanoleaf Aurora, create rooms and such and that all transfers from the phone to the iPad and both can control the Nanoleaf (which is natively HomeKit compatible), I cannot for the life of me get HomeKit to see HomeBridge.

Before resetting HomeKit, it had been working well for months. I'm NOT using HomeBridge Buddy.

Any ideas? Here's what I've done:

Turned iCloud Keychain on and off and on and off on multiple devices.
    Restarted those devices.
    Completely reset the new iPad to zero (this happened before I reset HomeKit.)
    Restarted HomeBridge.
    Restarted the Indigo computer HB runs on.
    Restarted my AppleTV, which is my HomeKit hub.

HomeKit works, but no HomeBridge and no HB devices.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:04 pm
webdeck offline

Different Computers wrote:
I've been wrestling with a different problem since I tried adding a new iPad to the mix and had to reset HomeKit:

All my devices got wiped of course, and while I can reconnect to Home, see my new Nanoleaf Aurora, create rooms and such and that all transfers from the phone to the iPad and both can control the Nanoleaf (which is natively HomeKit compatible), I cannot for the life of me get HomeKit to see HomeBridge.

Before resetting HomeKit, it had been working well for months. I'm NOT using HomeBridge Buddy.

Any ideas? Here's what I've done:

Turned iCloud Keychain on and off and on and off on multiple devices.
    Restarted those devices.
    Completely reset the new iPad to zero (this happened before I reset HomeKit.)
    Restarted HomeBridge.
    Restarted the Indigo computer HB runs on.
    Restarted my AppleTV, which is my HomeKit hub.

HomeKit works, but no HomeBridge and no HB devices.

Here is how to blow away any lingering cached corrupted data and start again (assuming you followed the installation instructions in this forum):

Stop homebridge:
Code: Select all
launchctl unload -w ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.webdeck.homebridge.plist

Delete cached data:
cd ~/.homebridge
rm -rf accessories
rm -rf persist

Edit your config.json - in the top bridge section, go to username and change the value to a different last digit (for example, change "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30" to "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:31".)

Restart homebridge:
launchctl load -w ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.webdeck.homebridge.plist

Try adding homebridge again on your iOS device - hopefully it shows up now.

Posted on
Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:31 am

Thanks. I'll try this tonight.

Posted on
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:58 pm

That fixed it! Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 1