Aeon Labs MultiSensor (DSB05)

Posted on
Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:00 pm
macpro offline

Re: Aeon Labs MultiSensor (DSB05)

gskarp wrote:
I'm not sure if I need to remove it from the stick and then try to add it again, or is it just a bad module?

Go ahead and try that. I had the same issue with my DSB05. Removed it from the stick, added it back and it's working again.

Posted on
Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:51 am
Gusten offline

Multi Sensor 6 (ZW100)

Hi

This should probably be in a separate thread, but this was the closes one.

Anyone know how the tamper is working?

I get this filling up my log, it almost one every second

Z-Wave received "027 - Tamper" status update is on

I can stop them from showing in the log, but i would like to know why they are being sent

The sensor is currently standing on a bench in a empty room connected to USB power and the lid is on.
I tried to read the manual, but it states that if it moves it will trigger the tamper, but it docent move right now

_Martin

Posted on
Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:15 am
CrazyFin offline

Re: Multi Sensor 6 (ZW100)

Gusten wrote:
This should probably be in a separate thread, but this was the closes one.
Anyone know how the tamper is working?

I get this filling up my log, it almost one every second

There is a specific ZW100-thread for Indigo 7 at ZW100 on Indigo 7
(@Matt: Maybe you can move Gusten's post and mine into that thread?)

I have a couple of these ZW100's but haven't tested them yet on my system.

Have you upgraded yours to latest official firmware 1.07 according to ZW100 firmwares
(There is an unofficial beta 1.08 as well on the same page.)

I read through the manual (can for example be found at ZW100 manual as well as the advanced config param manual at ZW100 advanced config but I can't find any good info on the tamper/vibration sensor. Only information I find is what you already have found as well, i.e. tamper/vibration alarm goes off when the sensor is moved.
I saw in this post that the ZW100 seems to have an extremely sensitive vibration sensor.

This leads me to think that yours either:

1. has a broken vibration sensor or a vibration sensor that is just tooooo sensitive
2. is there a wrong and a proper way to mount these that might cause the tamper/vibration sensor to be on all the time? For example if it is standing on a bench does it have to be in the proper direction (for example the action button has to be on the upper right when looking at it from the rear side)?

I will test my ZW100's this weekend.

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:00 am
GreenhouseAutomation offline

I am using the Multisensor ZW100A,. I have a few of them in a greenhouse environment, and they are wildly inaccurate on the temperature and humidity (+-20%). Does anyone know of an accurate, maybe +-5% that works with z-wave?

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:55 am
CrazyFin offline

GreenhouseAutomation wrote:
I am using the Multisensor ZW100A,. I have a few of them in a greenhouse environment, and they are wildly inaccurate on the temperature and humidity (+-20%). Does anyone know of an accurate, maybe +-5% that works with z-wave?

I am using the Eversprint ST814 to measure only temp and humidity different rooms in my house as well as outdoors and in the garage and I am quite happy with them.
I have checked them against 75% humidity (using Boveda cigar humidor calibration bags: Boveda 75% humidity bags.
Looks like Boveda now has a 32% reference bag as well. Cool! I used magnesiumchloride (33.33% humidity) when I did my initial calibrations but will move over to the new Boveda 32% bags.

Most of the ST814:s has been deviating max 1-3 percentage units from those calibration bags.

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:44 am
GreenhouseAutomation offline

Thank you! I'll give some of them a try

Posted on
Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:23 am
SSteve offline

My DSB05 has started burning through a set of batteries in a week. When I put in a new set this morning, the LED blinked slowly for a little bit then turned solid red. I took that to mean it was searching for and then found the network. It is communicating with Indigo. But now, about a half hour later, the LED is blinking quickly. There's nothing in their one-sheet manual that says what the LED indicates aside from when you're pairing it with a network. Does anyone know what the quickly-blinking LED indicates?

Posted on
Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:20 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm not sure what the fast blinking LED means, but try excluding it from your Z-Stick, re-including it, then re-syncing it in Indigo. Maybe it just needs a reset (which those steps will do).

Posted on
Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:56 am
SSteve offline

I did that and now the LED isn't flashing. We'll see how battery life goes over the next couple days. But now every message from the MultiSensor comes in twice. Any ideas why?

Code: Select all
Feb 10, 2017, 11:04:09 PM
   Z-Wave                          received "Back Deck Luminance" sensor update to 0 lux
   Z-Wave                          received "Back Deck Luminance" sensor update to 0 lux
   Z-Wave                          received "Back Deck Humidity" sensor update to 85%
   Z-Wave                          received "Back Deck Humidity" sensor update to 85%
   Z-Wave                          received "Back Deck Temperature" sensor update to 42.2 °F
   Z-Wave                          received "Back Deck Temperature" sensor update to 42.2 °F

It used to be at address 2, now it's at address 5. I tried optimizing the Z-wave network but it didn't change anything. I'm running Indigo 7.0.3 under OS X 10.11.6.

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 11.52.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 11.52.27 PM.png (187.93 KiB) Viewed 10103 times

Posted on
Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:28 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It definitely means Indigo is receiving the message twice, but I'm not sure why. I'd suggest you try the network healing/optimization (under the Interfaces->Z-Wave menu) to see if that helps clear it up.

Sorry, just saw after your log snapshot you already tried that. I'm not sure what to suggest, but as long as it is working okay you can probably ignore the duplicates.

Posted on
Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:54 pm
Different Computers offline

My DSB05 just exhaled its magic smoke while I was trying to troubleshoot it.

Anyone have a recommendation for a sensor that isn't a DSB05 that does most of the same things? I don't really care about humidity, but I need luminance. And since the DSB05 has never been very reliable for me, I'd prefer something else.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:04 am
aldera offline

Different Computers wrote:
My DSB05 just exhaled its magic smoke while I was trying to troubleshoot it.

Anyone have a recommendation for a sensor that isn't a DSB05 that does most of the same things? I don't really care about humidity, but I need luminance. And since the DSB05 has never been very reliable for me, I'd prefer something else.

I have 2 Zooz 4 in 1 sensors (ZSE40). I've only had them for 3 months but they've been fine, so far.

Posted on
Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:58 am

aldera wrote:
I have 2 Zooz 4 in 1 sensors (ZSE40). I've only had them for 3 months but they've been fine, so far.

Thanks! These do look good and it's great to know they're Indigo compatible. I need an outdoor-usable sensor though.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:26 pm
anothersphere offline

I have a handful of the Australian (frequency) versions of these.
I have found, that if the battery goes flat that they seem to become somewhat zombie like when powered up.
I have told Indigo to apply factory settings, and movement seems to be working fine.
However, the temperature readings now seem to be frozen in time - no change, no update on the temperature module.
Any ideas - has the reset overwritten some values regarding temperature sensing?

Martin Miller

Auckland - New Zealand

Posted on
Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:38 am

However, the temperature readings now seem to be frozen in time - no change, no update on the temperature module.

I had this happen several times with the one the smoke leaked out of. I got it back every time through various versions of deleting the device and adding it back. Mine was also in a challenging range location that made it unreliable. When I moved it closer, it performed well--right up until the batteries died and the magic smoke leaked while replacing them.