[ANSWERED]: Cooper RFWC5 5-scene keypad

Posted on
Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:16 am
tomswell offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Cooper RFWC5 5-scene keypad

:( sorry to say I've given up on Indigo7 and resorted to a Cooper controller.

Posted on
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:35 pm
fishmg01 offline

matt (support) wrote:
Adding support to create scenes in controllers like the RFWC5 is definitely on the list still. I've actually had one of these in a box near my desk for a while. If it can make its way to getting on my desk then it will be in the queue to be investigated. It is just a couple of feet away, but I don't have a time estimate as to how long that 2 feet will take to travel. :?

Matt - in the absence of getting the Cooper RFWC5 scene controller to work, do you have a recommendation for ANY scene controller than has full functionality in Indigo and can be mounted with a wall plate like the RFWC5? I am thinking of just going with Lutron and adding yet another piece of the hardware into the system (Lutron Connect Bridge Pro) , but would rather not complicate my system if there is an alternative solution.

Posted on
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:04 pm
howartp offline

Hi Fish.

Have you tried the Scene Controller plugin?

It theoretically works with RFWC5, read-only (ie press a button and Indigo can respond to it), but everyone who's asked about it has ignored my plugin and stopped responding to PMs, so as I don't have one or 120v USA power, I can't test it!

Peter

Posted on
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:47 pm
mshowalter offline

I have installed the Z-wave scene controller plugin. I have turned on debug mode. A RFWC5 scene controller is on my Z-wave network and is visible as a device in Indigo. I have set up a trigger. Trigger Type = "Z-Wave Scene Controller Event"; Event = "Scene Command Received". I click on "Edit Event Settings...". I select the scene controller. I need to fill in a Button ID and an Action. I have tried virtually every combination of these options and no matter what I select, no button press ever triggers anything.

The dialog box says "The address of your device, as we all as button ID and actions, can be found by enabling debug mode for this plugin." Debug mode is enabled but I do not see how to get this information. Debug mode just seems to tell me "Start processing trigger" and "Stop processing trigger".

Earlier in the thread, it appeared that I might have to somehow program the device before this could work. There's something about SCENE_CONTROLLER_CONF_SET commands. I am willing to try just about anything you suggest. Just tell me what to do and I will report back.

Posted on
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:02 pm
howartp offline

mshowalter wrote:
Posted on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:47 pm
mshowalter

That's gotta be some kind of record between "joining" and first post!

I can't remember the options, but on the Plugins > ZWave Scene Controller Plugin > menu, there's something about setting up your controller - or it might be in > Configure plugin.

It asks if you've got RFCW5 or Enerwave then gives a button to configure it.

Peter

Posted on
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:27 pm
mshowalter offline

I go to Plugins -> Z-Wave Scene Controller -> Configure... I find a window with one checkbox labeled "Enable debugging". The options are Cancel and Save. That's all. If there is supposed to be an option to configure a Cooper RFWC5, or anything else, it's not there. I am running the latest version of the plugin, 1.0.28.

Posted on
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:07 am
howartp offline

Ill have to look when I’m back at my desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:16 am
tomswell offline

Cooper RFWC5 5-scene keypad

I would love to jump back into indigo usage
Has anyone resolved accessing RFWC5 ? they are all over my home and essential. :?:

Posted on
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:37 am
howartp offline

I’ve no idea whether I looked or not :-)

They are awful devices to operate.

Posted on
Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:36 pm
tomswell offline

Someone has got it together , guess I'm no going with Indigo;

https://github.com/joelwetzel/Hubitat-C ... Controller

Posted on
Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:55 pm
howartp offline

Hey, I never said I didn’t do it, nor that it wasn’t possible.

You can see from the thread above that I’ve certainly done work on it in the past, and other developers (not least SmartHome) are always useful for working out how to interact with a new / difficult product.

I’m not familiar with hubitat, but I also know there’s an indigo plugin for it - so that may well be another way to skin this particular cat.

Let me dig through the plugin and my notes and see where I got to.

Posted on
Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:54 am
howartp offline

Ok, anyone out there following this thread.

Support for RFWC5 was supposedly added around v1.0.24

If you have any RFWC5 and are willing to work back and forth with me, please send me a private message and i'll guide you through what should work.

As i've said before, I don't have one, nor the right US voltage to procure one, and Cooper are a pain to work with, but in theory we have the commands to get them working.

Peter (howartp)

Posted on
Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:59 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

howartp wrote:
Support for RFWC5 was supposedly added around v1.0.24

I just want to clarify that @howartp is referring to his awesome Z-Wave Scene Controller plugin.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn