Yamaha RX Plugin - a/v receiver control

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:21 pm
ChopOMatic offline

Re: Yamaha RX Plugin - a/v receiver control

I'm trying the plugin with an RX-A3060. Turns it on and off, but nothing else works.

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:07 pm
Ramias offline

Does anybody know how I can get this plugin to update device states more frequently? For example, I can get it to say "input =hdmi 5" when the plugin is reloaded. But if I use the remote to change the receiver to AV1 (or anything else) the system still thinks I am on HDMI5. Looking for a way to get the plugin to better track state.

Thanks

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:20 pm
Bleasel offline

I added a button to the control page to "get status"

Posted on
Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:31 pm
blysik offline

I found a newer, and well supported yamaha library: https://github.com/wuub/rxv

Porting this plugin to use that would probably solve a lot of problems.

Posted on
Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:42 pm
ChopOMatic offline

Any plans to implement blysik's suggestion? rxv appears to be the best Yamaha receiver library out there.

Posted on
Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:02 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm working on an update to the plugin that uses the rxv library mentioned above (I just got an RX-V473 for $50 from a neighbor). I'm adding the RX-Vx73 line as a separate device type, but I'll also add status polling for the older RX-V3900 so that changes made to the receiver outside of the API will show up automatically.

I looked at this branch, and it appeared to break the original RX-V3900 support. Is that true? I'm trying to figure out which branch to use but I don't want to use one that breaks the initial support. My guess is that there isn't a branch that works with both. If that's the case, I'm going to base my work on diskgolfer's 0.1.1 release to maintain backwards compatibility with the RX-V3900.

Speak soon if I'm wrong about this so I don't get too far down the development path...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:53 pm
Ramias offline

This is great. I'd love an update that polls the receiver for changes.

I did a fork on this (though I am not a GitHub power user by any stretch) that put in Zone 2 support.

When you rewrite this could you please include the actions/variables for Zone 2? That wasn't there in the original.

Thanks

Posted on
Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:58 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Can you send me your code/plugin? It might make getting it in faster since I don't have a V3900 to test with. I'm assuming you have the RX-V3900 - would you be willing to test the new plugin? I'm trying to limit the amount of change for that implementation, but some refactoring was required so I'd like to find someone who can test it to make sure I didn't break anything... ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:53 pm
Ramias offline

I have the HTR-7065 which is probably 5 years old; the Costco version of I think the RX-V673.

I am happy to test it.

This system wouldn't let me upload my rev of the plugin (which all I did was add options for Zone 2). Can you PM me your email address?

Thanks

Posted on
Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:09 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Ah - I know how the X73 works. I need someone with the V3900 since it has a slightly different API. Anyone with one of those hanging around here?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:41 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

OK, I've releasedv1.0.0 of the plugin on Github. It does several things:

• Added support for the RX-Vx73 line of receivers and any that are compatible with that version of their API. It uses a custom (and embedded) version of the rxv library.
  • Added some new actions for the RX-Vx73 receivers: zone selection, menu navigation, and an experimental method to directly tune a network radio station (which unfortunately doesn't seem to work consistently for us).
  • Both receiver devices now poll status every 2 seconds (not currently configurable but could be if anyone wants to submit a patch).
  • Rearrange the repo to more closely match what is becoming the standard repo layout for plugins (internal housekeeping).

Check out the README for more details.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:24 pm
colinpartridge offline

Brilliant work Jay, I've tried a couple of the previous branches of this plugin but yours is the only one that has recognised my RX-V575 and RX-V775. They are both dual zone units and for me the set zone action appears as the attached image, showing two zones, both called Main Zone. I wasn't expecting it to even connect so I'm impressed. I know my units aren't the intended target but more than happy to try things out for you.

Colin
Attachments
Indigo 7 Yamaha Plug 5.jpg
Indigo 7 Yamaha Plug 5.jpg (104.3 KiB) Viewed 20192 times

Posted on
Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:33 pm
Different Computers offline

Yamaha should really sponsor this plugin. Because for sure my next receiver will be from this plugin's compatibility list!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:27 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

colinpartridge wrote:
Brilliant work Jay, I've tried a couple of the previous branches of this plugin but yours is the only one that has recognised my RX-V575 and RX-V775. They are both dual zone units and for me the set zone action appears as the attached image, showing two zones, both called Main Zone. I wasn't expecting it to even connect so I'm impressed. I know my units aren't the intended target but more than happy to try things out for you.

Ok, that's cool. I wonder if you can rename the two zones in the Yamaha app? That might give you the distinction. If you have a chance, it'd be great if you could try each of the actions to make sure they work correctly and let me know. I can update the supported receiver list once I hear back from you.

Anyone have a RX-V377 or any of the RX-Vx81 receivers? Hopefully each of those lines support the same API and we'll just get them for free.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:30 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Different Computers wrote:
Yamaha should really sponsor this plugin. Because for sure my next receiver will be from this plugin's compatibility list!

LOL. If Yamaha would provide one model from each series (Vx81 and V377 are the currently shipping lines) to test with that would be great...

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 4 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10