New Intelligent Sprinkler Controller

Posted on
Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:54 pm
kw123 offline

Re: New Intelligent Sprinkler Controller

the wireless requirement is really interesting .. it will require a decent wifi signal at the valve, which is likely not above ground ..

You could get 5V DC from the AC power for the valve.. but this will require some AC-> DC and as mentioned waterproof box ..
To test, I would put a basic ESP8622 setup into the underground valve box with a long power cable and check if you can setup / ping the ESP through WiFi before I would go further.

Karl

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:45 am
jens offline

Someone who has tested Hydrawise, there API to get it into the smart house system??

//Jens

Posted on
Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:58 am
jfeger offline

There is an entire public API available from Rachio now. This looks very promising.

https://rachio.readme.io/docs/getting-started

Posted on
Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:23 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

jfeger wrote:
There is an entire public API available from Rachio now. This looks very promising.

Watch this space...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:30 pm
jfeger offline

jay (support) wrote:
jfeger wrote:

Watch this space...

:shock: :shock:

Posted on
Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:10 am
berkinet offline

FWIW, the rainmachine also provides a full API and can be accessed locally (I.e. no cloud required - though cloud access/control is available). Also of interest, (but not for the faint of heart) since the rainmachine is built on Android, it is possible to access the "box" via ssh and do all sorts of things.

Posted on
Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:44 am
spiv offline

Looking forward to a good alternative to OpenSprinkler. (Tired of it dropping IP connection, and the latest firmware load is too large to flash conveniently without a debug/developer kit so I know future support will be a problem.)

Posted on
Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:08 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

jfeger wrote:

v1.0.0 of the Rachio plugin is now available. Please post any thoughts/comments/etc. on that topic.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:11 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

berkinet wrote:
FWIW, the rainmachine also provides a full API and can be accessed locally (I.e. no cloud required - though cloud access/control is available). Also of interest, (but not for the faint of heart) since the rainmachine is built on Android, it is possible to access the "box" via ssh and do all sorts of things.

This plugin may be a good start to other Wi-Fi sprinklers that have a RESTful API. It probably won't be a 1:1 port, but maybe it's pretty close. So grab the source from Github and go! I'd really love to see more irrigation alternatives for Indigo.

Jay (Indigo Support)