Autolog Dynamic View Controller Discussion

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:12 pm
autolog offline

Autolog Dynamic View Controller Discussion

Please use this thread for any suggestions or questions on the Autolog 'Dynamic View Controller' Plugin :)

Posted on
Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:18 am
autolog offline

Re: Autolog Dynamic View Controller Discussion

New version uploaded - see Dynamic View Controller (V1.1.3) Information for download link.

All users of the plugin should upgrade to the new version- the original upload wouldn't have worked :oops:

Thanks to Different Computers for picking up on the bug which would have stopped the plugin from working. :)

Posted on
Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:05 pm
Different Computers offline

Aw, heck, I didn't "pick up" on anything.

It just hit me in the head and I complained to you about it :P

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:15 pm
whmoorejr offline

Setup / configuration questions....

When setting up the plugin device, if you use the "CAMERA" folder without drilling down to the individual camera folder.... could you then use one Dynamic View Controller (DVC) Device for multiple cameras?

I'm guessing that by assigning the DVC device to a Camera Device.... when the camera detects motion (therefore pulling images via FTP) it notifies the Dynamic View Controller device to update the Sym Links.

If the DVC is looking at the whole FTP folder, and multiple cameras were assigned to that one DVC Device, would you end up with a single current file and single latest file?

I'm trying to see if I can use this to make a control page with one refreshing image that would update with whichever camera is detecting motion.

If that's possible, I'm guessing the next issue would be with multiple cameras detecting motion simultaneously.... in which case I would probably have to set up triggers for camera motion that would disable motion detection temporarily on the remaining cameras.

My favorite NVR/DVR displays are the types where the camera currently detecting motion takes center stage on the screen or is highlighted with a box around it.... something to visually draw your attention to the motion event.

My current workaround (still buggy) uses "RemoteSite" on my indigo server and applescripts in indigo to bring specific camera control pages to the frontmost Safari page. So, if doorbell is pushed, applescript tells safari to load the FrontDoorCamera Control Page. "RemoteSite" then broadcasts that desktop image into a control page as another refreshing image URL. <-- Serious PITA.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:04 am
Different Computers offline

By the same token, it would amazingly awesome if we could pull the multi-camera view from the camera, if it's configured.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:47 am
autolog offline

Different Computers wrote:
By the same token, it would amazingly awesome if we could pull the multi-camera view from the camera, if it's configured.

Well you could do this at the moment (after a fashion) by setting up a control page to display the latest image from each of the camera devices.
That's what I am doing. :)

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:50 am
autolog offline

whmoorejr wrote:
Setup / configuration questions....

When setting up the plugin device, if you use the "CAMERA" folder without drilling down to the individual camera folder.... could you then use one Dynamic View Controller (DVC) Device for multiple cameras?

I'm guessing that by assigning the DVC device to a Camera Device.... when the camera detects motion (therefore pulling images via FTP) it notifies the Dynamic View Controller device to update the Sym Links.

If the DVC is looking at the whole FTP folder, and multiple cameras were assigned to that one DVC Device, would you end up with a single current file and single latest file?

I'm trying to see if I can use this to make a control page with one refreshing image that would update with whichever camera is detecting motion.

If that's possible, I'm guessing the next issue would be with multiple cameras detecting motion simultaneously.... in which case I would probably have to set up triggers for camera motion that would disable motion detection temporarily on the remaining cameras.

My favorite NVR/DVR displays are the types where the camera currently detecting motion takes center stage on the screen or is highlighted with a box around it.... something to visually draw your attention to the motion event.

My current workaround (still buggy) uses "RemoteSite" on my indigo server and applescripts in indigo to bring specific camera control pages to the frontmost Safari page. So, if doorbell is pushed, applescript tells safari to load the FrontDoorCamera Control Page. "RemoteSite" then broadcasts that desktop image into a control page as another refreshing image URL. <-- Serious PITA.

Some interesting ideas here that I am sure could be accommodated one way or another - I will put this down on my to-do list to investigate. :)

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:42 am
whmoorejr offline

Feature request: (not sure if this would be for this plugin, the HD plugin or a separate plugin)

Ability to purge older files. (the saved FTP images) I'm not sure what would be the easiest way..... over-write older files based on date or based on folder size setting. or a nightly file purge. (at #:## am/pm, delete files that are ## days old).

I guess even a configurable script that can be dropped into an action or schedule would work too. (but my scripting skills are way-novice)

Bill

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:08 pm
autolog offline

whmoorejr wrote:
Feature request: (not sure if this would be for this plugin, the HD plugin or a separate plugin)

Ability to purge older files. (the saved FTP images) I'm not sure what would be the easiest way..... over-write older files based on date or based on folder size setting. or a nightly file purge. (at #:## am/pm, delete files that are ## days old). ...

A good idea, probably best done in the Foscam HD plugin i.e. some sort of retention time. I will have a think about how to do this. :)

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:13 pm
whmoorejr offline

For me, I'm using a bit of applescript embedded in a schedule to run weekly and delete anything older that 4 weeks.

Code: Select all
tell application "Finder"
   set fourWeeksAgo to (get current date) - (4 * weeks)
   delete (get every file of folder "Macintosh HD:Users:williammoore:Desktop:IPCamLog" whose creation date is less than fourWeeksAgo)
end tell

Works fine in a folder full of files. Not sure how it will work with multiple subordinate files. I would probably have to write a schedule for each camera folder. I'm still tinkering.

Bill

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:37 pm
scs offline

Hey Autolog, thanks for all the work with the HD controller and the Dynamic view plugins. I have three of the F19821 cameras that seem to work well with the Foscam HD controller plugin.

In the "Dynamic View Controller (V1.1.3) Information" posting, you talk about setting up the control page:
When setting up a control page for browsing, I have found that the best way (so far) is to add a Refreshing Image URL and set its refresh rate to 24 hours. Then setup six buttons to page forwards and back with server actions: skip back, skip forward (for files), time skip back, time skip forward (for time i.e half-hours) and day skip back, day skip forward. For each of these buttons set up a client action to Replace with Control Page - the current control page (you might need to save and close and re-edit to get it in the control page list for the client action). This way you can page backwards and forwards very quickly through the images.

My URL defaults to the following : 127.0.0.1/++image?cameraNum=1&width=640&height=480

What sort of format is needed for the URL ?

Also , I'd welcome any other control page design guidance ...
Thanks in advance
Steve

Indigo 2022.2 w/ Insteon and Z-Wave lights and outlets
Security integration.
Energy monitoring

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:14 pm
autolog offline

Hi Steve,

You need a url something like:
Code: Select all
file:///Users/<USERID>/Documents/CAMERA/image-02.jpg
i.e. point at the image you defined in the Sym Link to file entry when configuring the dynamic view. Make sure you specify a separate image file for each camera.

Also, there is a more up-to-date version of the Foscam Controller (v2.2.5) which can be got from the main Github page (not the Releases page): https://github.com/autolog/Foscam_HD_Controller

Another user has been trying this version out and I am running but haven't had time to document it for a release yet as I got diverted onto another plugin. :)

I will try to put together a note on how to configure a control page over the weekend and try to get the releases up-to-date. :)

Posted on
Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:07 pm
scs offline

Ah yes,

file:///Users/youknowwho/Documents/FI9821W_00624E53F209/CameraImage.jpg works like a charm

I found I needed to create camera-specific symlinks (LatestImage, and CameraImage) for each camera . I'm getting there :)

Thanks
scs

Indigo 2022.2 w/ Insteon and Z-Wave lights and outlets
Security integration.
Energy monitoring

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:42 am
pasosteve offline

I have installed both the Dynamic View Controller and the FOSCAM plugins.

The FOSCAM camera is taking the snapshots. I have verified that the files are being written and the symbolic link is working.

-rw-r--r-- 1 Steven staff 98993 Apr 4 08:34 Schedule_20180403-214425.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 Steven staff 99175 Apr 4 08:34 Schedule_20180403-214435.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 Steven staff 99308 Apr 4 08:34 Schedule_20180403-214445.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 Steven staff 99272 Apr 4 08:34 Schedule_20180403-214455.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 Steven staff 99516 Apr 4 08:34 Schedule_20180403-214505.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 Steven staff 99598 Apr 4 08:35 Schedule_20180403-214515.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 Steven staff 99512 Apr 4 08:35 Schedule_20180403-214525.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 Steven staff 99498 Apr 4 08:35 Schedule_20180403-214535.jpg

If I restart the Dynamic View Plugin the proper image is displayed on the control page, however this is the only time this gets updated and no further images are updated every 30 seconds.

Configuration of the dynamic view

Processing mode: Modified File Date Order
Broadcastr plugin: foscam hd (default updateDynamicView
Folder to scan: /Users/Steven/video/2864-232_00626E62B60D/snap
symlink to file: /Users/Steven/Cameras/RPselected.jpg
symlink to latest file: /Users/Steven/Cameras/RPcurrent.jpg
Default file: /Users/Steven/Cameras/RPcurrent.jpg

links are created.
lrwxr-xr-x 1 Steven staff 75 Apr 4 08:23 RPcurrent.jpg -> /Users/Steven/video/2864-232_00626E62B60D/snap/Schedule_20180403-213355.jpg
lrwxr-xr-x 1 Steven staff 75 Apr 4 08:23 RPselected.jpg -> /Users/Steven/video/2864-232_00626E62B60D/snap/Schedule_20180403-213355.jpg

Restart the plugin:
Reloading plugin "Dynamic View Controller 1.2.1"
Stopping plugin "Dynamic View Controller 1.2.1" (pid 54039)
Dynamic View Controller Autolog 'Dynamic View Controller' Plugin shutdown requested
Dynamic View Controller Autolog 'Dynamic View Controller' Plugin shutdown complete
Stopped plugin "Dynamic View Controller 1.2.1"
Starting plugin "Dynamic View Controller 1.2.1" (pid 55334)
Dynamic View Controller Autolog 'Dynamic View Controller' initializing . . .
Dynamic View Controller Warning Monitoring enabled for 'Dynamic View Controller': Refresh
Dynamic View Controller Warning Debugging enabled for 'Dynamic View Controller': General, Refresh
Started plugin "Dynamic View Controller 1.2.1"
Dynamic View Controller Autolog 'Dynamic View Controller' initialization complete

Now the latest image is displayed on the control page:
lrwxr-xr-x 1 Steven staff 75 Apr 4 08:45 RPcurrent.jpg -> /Users/Steven/video/2864-232_00626E62B60D/snap/Schedule_20180403-215606.jpg
lrwxr-xr-x 1 Steven staff 75 Apr 4 08:45 RPselected.jpg -> /Users/Steven/video/2864-232_00626E62B60D/snap/Schedule_20180403-215606.jpg

Any ideas?

Indigo: 7.1.1

Any ideas?

Thanks, Steve

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:43 am
autolog offline

Have you tied the two plugins together?

By this I mean, have you set-up the following:
  • In the Device Config for a Dynamic View, set the Broadcaster Plugin to Foscam HD Controller and the Message Type to UpdateDynamicView.
  • In the Device Config for the Foscam HD Controller - Camera, set the Dynamic Views entry to the Dynamic View you just edited (select from the pull-down list).
Let me know if that helps. :)