Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6 ZW100 (Indigo7)

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:39 pm
shapa offline

Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6 ZW100 (Indigo7)

... works fine with Indigo 7

One note: was not syncing after addition, until power reconnect.

BTW, FW 1.07 and 1.08 available - you'll need windows machine to upgrade (as Indigo does not support OTA yet)

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/so ... 1-02-2016-

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:37 pm
biasuz offline

Re: Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6 ZW100 (Indigo7)

Any ideas on how to change from fahrenheit to celsius on temperature reports?

:D

Also, is there any advantage on this firmware upgrade? I would not like to brick the unit.

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:16 am
shapa offline

Quite a few changes from the original 1.04

Advanced parameters here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.freshdesk. ... tion%2Fpdf

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:01 am
biasuz offline

It was only a pain to load windows machine to update de firmware to the 1.07.

Some parameters can be changed with the modify configuration parameter command, including the change from Fahrenheit to Celsius (parameter 64 if i'm not mistaken).

After I get the feel for this modules, i'll gladly share what I have learned. But battery operation is not as nice as I would have hoped.

Posted on
Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:41 pm
srkinard offline

I ran a USB extender and power for mine so I could have all sensors active.

I also bought a Zooz 4-in-1 motion/temp/humidity/luminance sensor and it actually runs all sensors on 2 AAA batteries...motion will transmit immediately (well..1-2 seconds delay) but the other sensors transmit on the schedule you set...minimum value is 5 minutes.

My Aeon Labs sensor from Amazon shipped with the 1.07 firmware on it...probably won't bother with the trouble of updating since the 1.08 info doesn't look like much was done.

Ross

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:09 am
PeteVis offline

I'm a little confused about these posts.
I am running one of these Aeon Multisensors on batteries, and I get reports of all sensors just fine.

What is not working for you when run the Multisensor on batteries ?

The only thing that Aeotec mentions on their website is that when run on batteries, the sensors should not separately report values to save battery life but the choice is yours.
Fwiw, I still get immediate motion alerts.
Why would you want to have immediate lux, temp or UV readings ? Is once every x mins not enough ?

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:27 am
PeteVis offline

Ok, this is odd, I just read the following post :
viewtopic.php?p=109148#p109148

and it explains what you guys are seeing.
The reason I am not seeing this (I think), is because (as per the manual) I included the multisensor on USB power, and then put in batteries.
The strange thing is that my multisensor still behaves as if it was constantly powered.

Also, this page on the aeotec support website does not mention these differences at all :
https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000115071-difference-between-usb-and-battery-power-and-recommendations-multisensor-6-zw100-

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:33 am
srkinard offline

PeteVis wrote:
Ok, this is odd, I just read the following post :
viewtopic.php?p=109148#p109148

and it explains what you guys are seeing.
The reason I am not seeing this, is because (as per the manual) I included the multisensor on USB power, and then put in batteries.
The strange thing is that my multisensor still behaves as if it was constantly powered.

It's a shame how they crippled the device when on battery power, why did they even bother to make it possible to put batteries in the multisensor when it basically does nothing on battery power.

Maybe it was more trouble to put the logic for "am I on battery or power" in the device for on-the-fly switching as opposed to setting it at inclusion time.
It definitely is less responsive on motion when included on battery, plus some sensors hardly ever update.

Once I included it on USB power it was fully functional. Since yours is running on batteries but in full functionality USB mode, how long do your batteries last?

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:39 am
PeteVis offline

srkinard wrote:
Once I included it on USB power it was fully functional. Since yours is running on batteries but in full functionality USB mode, how long do your batteries last?

I only installed them today, so I'll have to keep an eye on the battery usage, but maybe it's better I just find an outlet and plug it into USB power and be done with it.
A shame as I really like the form factor when there is no cable dangling out of it's butt...

But then again, this is more Apple-like, beautifully designed and executed, but hideous dongles and cables all around to make it useable :lol:

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:07 am
johnpolasek offline

srkinard wrote:
[quote="PeteVis"

I put mine up on battery last January, and although it operated fine as a motion detector and temperature sensor, the light and UV never sent any reasonable values and the battery reports to the Vera kept alternating between 100% and 0% randomly, so I ignored them till around the end of September, Vera reported it not responding... the new batteries are now doing the same thing; HOPEFULLY the firmware update will fix that... IF I can get the file unpacked and the Z-stick will talk to it from a Windows laptop running Win10; I've seen reports that THAT doesn't always work as advertised.

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:54 pm
shapa offline

Upgraded mine from windows 10 with no issues.

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:22 pm
jblackburn offline

I've updated mine with Fusion/Windows 7 and no issues at all.

Question, how can I change Fahrenheit to Celsius for the temperature?

Thanks!

Joël

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:37 pm
norcoscia offline

Also upgraded one using windows 10 with no issues.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:25 pm
biasuz offline

jblackburn wrote:
I've updated mine with Fusion/Windows 7 and no issues at all.

Question, how can I change Fahrenheit to Celsius for the temperature?

Thanks!

Joël

Hey Joel

First update your devices to firmware 1.07. You are going to need a windows machine for that.
Second, download FIRMWARE 1.07 USAGE GUIDE at https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/so ... ser-guide-

Right there at parameter 64, you can see what needs changing.
Go to the z-wave interface in indigo e click in modify configuration parameter.

Read the parameter 64 first.
Value 1 for celsius
Value 2 for fahrenheit.

And voila!

Have a good one.

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:28 pm
biasuz offline

PeteVis wrote:
I'm a little confused about these posts.
I am running one of these Aeon Multisensors on batteries, and I get reports of all sensors just fine.

What is not working for you when run the Multisensor on batteries ?

The only thing that Aeotec mentions on their website is that when run on batteries, the sensors should not separately report values to save battery life but the choice is yours.
Fwiw, I still get immediate motion alerts.
Why would you want to have immediate lux, temp or UV readings ? Is once every x mins not enough ?

If you are trying to automate other devices based on the accuracy and timing of these updates, i can foresee some problems.
USB powered is the way to go... there is no doubt about it. Otherwise, these are very mediocre devices.