WUnderground Plugin Updates

Posted on
Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:53 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: WUnderground Plugin Updates

WUnderground Plugin v1.0.03 is now available.

• New plugin setting to ignore updates when weather data are estimated (plugin settings, download settings).
  • Implements alternative version of API that includes more stable data structure (hopefully) and native day/night icon names.

You can download it here.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:54 am
DaveL17 offline

WUnderground Plugin v1.0.04 is now available.

• Changes behavior to only update device states when latest downloaded data is newer than previous data.
  • Fixes bug in the Write Weather Data to File routine where the plugin would write only the date/time.
  • Fixes bug in the Write Weather Data to FIle routine where the plugin would only write to Indigo 6 log folder. Now the plugin tries the Indigo 7 log folder and falls back to Indigo 6 if needed.
  • Ups the amount of time that the plugin waits for a response from Weather Underground from 15 seconds to 30 seconds (per weather location).
  • Logging refinements.

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:23 am
DaveL17 offline

WUnderground Plugin v1.0.05 is now available.

• Moves project to GitHub and increments version number. There is no new functionality in this update.

Posted on
Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:46 am
DaveL17 offline

WUnderground Plugin v1.0.06 is now available.

• BETA - New trigger to report when weather locations appear to be offline (trigger on current observation or current temperature).
  • BETA - New trigger to report when a weather location has at least one active severe weather alert.
  • New device state with date and time of most current observation (24hr clock).
  • Repair UV values when negative (force zero) and decimal (force integer)
  • Modifies behavior for instances where nonsense value provided. (WU will send -99, -999, -9999 or "None" in instances where there is a missing value.) The plugin now attempts to convert these types of values consistently to -99.0 for numeric values and "--" for UI and string values.
  • Better error trapping when WU does not provide expected forecast data in the API return.
  • Moves support URL to Github.
  • Code refinements.

A note about the new trigger functionality: The new triggers are constructed to fire every time the plugin refreshes weather data (when the trigger criteria are met). See the instruction manual for an example of how to manage the behavior.

Posted on
Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:48 am
DaveL17 offline

WUnderground Plugin v1.0.07 is now available.

• Adds new device states to 10 day and Hourly Forecast devices:
    • windDegrees (for charting and control page heuristics)
    • windSpeedIcon (for control page heuristics)
  • Standardizes device configuration menus for display units. (Note: each device may not support all possible units. For example, the Ten Day Forecast device supports data for snow, but the Weather device does not.)
  • Improves control labels for detailed forecast titles (weather devices).
  • Deprecates functionalHourlyIconName method which is no longer needed with version 11 of the WUnderground API.
  • Fixes bug in UV data correction (used only when WU sends bad data).
  • Fixes bug in refresh weather cycle to handle legacy satellite image downloader device names.
  • Code refinements.

Posted on
Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:54 pm
DaveL17 offline

WUnderground Plugin v1.0.08 is now available.

• Updates support URL for triggers.
  • Adds additional information to device configuration validation errors.
  • Refactors forecast email failures to push next attempt to the following day instead of the next plugin cycle.

Posted on
Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:43 pm
DaveL17 offline

WUnderground Plugin v1.0.09 is now available.

• Migrates history data collection from the History API element to the Yesterday API element.
  • Weather Device: renames "History - [element]" labels as "Yesterday - "[element]" for triggers, control pages, etc. (Date, High, Low, Precip)
  • More granular parsing of forecast data to increase resiliency for WU API errors.
  • Reduces instances of potential Unicode errors when writing weather data to file from the plugin menu.

Posted on
Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:16 am
DaveL17 offline

WUnderground Plugin v1.0.10 is now available.

- Fixes bug in implementation of yesterday API.

Posted on
Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:11 pm
DaveL17 offline

WUnderground Plugin v1.0.12 is now available.

• Stylistic changes to Indigo Plugin Update Checker module.
  • Attempts to increase robustness when WUnderground stations are offline.
  • Improves device icon state handling when communication with device is started or stopped via the Indigo UI or the plugin menu option.
  • Improves code used to dump weather data to the Indigo Logs folder.
  • Fixes minor bug in debug logging where the logging of error message and line number were reversed.
  • Reduces information saved to debug log (unless debugging set to high).

Posted on
Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:55 pm
DaveL17 offline

WUnderground Plugin v1.0.13 is now available.

• Fixes "ValueError: zero length field name in format" error during plugin initialization.

Users who did not see this specific error with v1.0.12 can disregard this update.

Posted on
Fri May 12, 2017 6:12 am
DaveL17 offline

WUnderground Plugin v1.0.17 is now available.

v1.0.17
  • Implements new method for obtaining online data using requests module. If the requests module isn't available, will revert to urllib/urllib2.
  • Fixes bug in Weather Device foreTextLong/foreTextShort logic.
  • Minor speed improvements and code refinements.
v1.0.16
  • Moves forecast email message to 01:00 local to allow WUnderground servers to catch up with PWS reporting for daily totals.
v1.0.15
  • Accounts for known errors when WUnderground sends a string for a field value instead of an expected float.
  • Code simplification.
v1.0.14
  • Better ensures compatibility with Python 2.6 and 2.7 with string formatting.
  • Updates download URL.
  • Fixes default destination location path in satellite image downloader devices.

Posted on
Tue May 23, 2017 8:05 pm
DaveL17 offline

WUnderground Plugin v1.1.0 is now available.

• Implements new device type for creating satellite imagery via the WUnderground WunderMaps Layers API.

The WUnderground Radar Device is used for displaying radar imagery using the Weather Undergeround API directly. In other words, this device will construct a radar image in near real time based on the user-specified configuration. Indigo will automatically save the image file in the appropriate location so that it's available as a Static Image for display in Indigo Control Pages. The image will be updated at the same frequency as the other weather devices. Note too that, although the image attached to this post is a GIF file, the image presented to Indigo is a GIF file with a PNG extension (so that it will appear in the image list in the control page editor). Indigo seems to be willing to accept this minor trickery (but phpBB does not.) Note that this is a pre-release for a new device type and as such there may be errors or bugs associated with it. It has worked very well in testing.

Attachments
WUradar.gif
WUradar.gif (741.78 KiB) Viewed 10016 times

Posted on
Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:50 am
DaveL17 offline

WUnderground Plugin v1.1.3 is now available.

• New Features:
    • Ability to populate latitude and longitude for WU Radar devices (radius type) from the Indigo server location settings.
  • New States:
    • Adds new state to Weather devices 'neighborhood' which is the neighborhood name of the current weather location. If neighborhood is not supported, the plugin will return 'Location not supported.'
    • Adds new state to Weather devices 'windDIRlong' which is the verbose wind direction: 'north', 'north northwest', etc.
    • Adds new state to 10 day Weather Forecast devices 'dxx_windDirLong' which is the verbose wind direction: 'north', 'north northwest', etc.
    • Adds new state to 24 hour Weather Forecast devices 'hxx_windDirLong' which is the verbose wind direction: 'north', 'north northwest', etc.
  • Bug Fixes:
    • Fixes bug in setting barometric 'pressureIcon' value for metric (M) and Mixed SI Wind (MS) weather devices. Harmonizes setting of icon value across all units types.
    • Fixes bug in setting of weather device 'historyDate' value where the value was being set more than once when history data was not available. Now will be set to 'Not available' instead of '--'.
    • Fixes bug in windDIR (and associated wind states) where only the cardinal directions were converted to long strings - 'N' --> 'North', 'NE' --> 'NE'. Now all wind short strings use abbreviated wind dirs 'N' --> 'N'. For verbose names, use xxDirLong states.
    • Fixes bug in setting of animation delays for WUnderground Radar devices (the delay was being set to an empty string by default--which is not a valid option.)

Posted on
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:09 am
DaveL17 offline

WUnderground Plugin v1.1.8 is now available.

This is a major update and some caution should be used in applying it; however, there are several benefits to be
gained. This update changes the way that data are extracted from the information that Weather Underground supplies,
and as a result, the plugin should be completely robust in situations where values are expected to appear in WU's data
but are unexpectedly missing.

This update also features refactored code for the device types listed below, which should improve plugin speed (note
that the majority of time elapsed in a refresh cycle is the time spent waiting for WU to return requested data and
that's unaffected).

• New Features:
    • New plugin configuration feature which shows the number of API calls for the current day.
    • Implements new method for extracting WUnderground JSON data. This should allow the plugin to continue to function normally if data elements are missing (i.e., WU is supposed to provide them but doesn't).
    • Improved use of Indigo API for plugin settings to reduce server load and eliminate need for separate settings file.
    • Enhanced debug logging.
    • Complete rework of the underlying code for the following device types:
      • WUnderground Almanac,
      • WUnderground Astronomy,
      • WUnderground Hourly Forecast,
      • WUnderground Ten Day Forecast,
      • WUnderground Tides,
      • WUnderground Weather (alerts, forecast),
    • Revises encoding of JSON dump to logfile.
    • Reverses order of Enable/Disable All WU Devices on the plugin menu.
  • Bug Fixes:
    • Fixes bug in Weather Device forecast data for KPH and MPS wind.
    • Fixes bug in conversion of wind direction long state values.
    • Fixes bug where plugin would fail if a device is missing epoch time.
    • Fixes bug in reporting offline weather site time to properly reflect down-time.
    • Over 500 fewer lines of code!

Posted on
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:58 am
DaveL17 offline

WUnderground Plugin v1.1.9 is now available.

• Increments version number consistently across files.

Page 6 of 8 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8