Volume Sliders in Control Pages

Posted on
Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:23 pm
george99 offline

Volume Sliders in Control Pages

Hi,
Any way to make volume sliders on control pages?
Specifically I want them for Sonos and/or Denon.

Posted on
Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:06 am
durosity offline

Re: Volume Sliders in Control Pages

At present the only way is to have a dummy device that supports dimming and setting it on the control page as client action > pop up UI control. You could then map this dimmer device to whatever you're wanting to control using some script of some sort.

I'm hoping that full slider control will be available in indigo at some point in the future but i suspect it won't appear for Indigo 7 from the little hints they've dropped about control pages. Roll on indigo 7.1... :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:46 am
Different Computers offline

There are several examples of volume/dimming dials but not of sliders. Dials are done by tapping on one side or the other of the dial, with two different invisible buttons on either side.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:25 am
DaveL17 offline

Different Computers wrote:
There are several examples of volume/dimming dials but not of sliders. Dials are done by tapping on one side or the other of the dial, with two different invisible buttons on either side.

You could do this with sliders too, but they wouldn't be true sliders. I have an example in my file library. It looks like this:

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 7.23.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 7.23.36 AM.png (15.55 KiB) Viewed 2075 times

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:29 pm
george99 offline

Thanks guys.

Posted on
Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:23 pm
Londonmark offline

I've tried the approach Durosity mentioned but never really use it. Best answer I've found for Sonos is to pick some target volumes (low, medium high, say) for groups of players and have buttons to jump to those.

Page 1 of 1