LATEST version 0.3.03 - minor feature upgrade

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:45 am
Chameleon offline

LATEST version 0.3.03 - minor feature upgrade

Hi all

There is a new version of iTravel - 0.3.03

If you've already installed a working version of iTravel you can download version 0.3.03 from this link and install as usual:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjf1fp4xayj44t6/iTravel.indigoPlugin.zip?dl=1

Notice that a new version of the manual has been uploaded but the changes are mainly typos, updated screen shots showing the new functionality on status icons and explanation of icon colours.

If this is a first-time install I strongly recommend you read the Manual and FAQ documents (see below) before installation. There are a few things that you need to do to prepare your Indigo set up for iTravel. Don't worry it's not that difficult, many users have managed it without any experience of systems and terminal and you'll find step by step instructions in the manual. If you still have a problem installing just let me know and I'll get you up and running!

What's new in version 0.3.03?

1. Resolved bug in stationIssues state so that it correctly identifies if ANY service on a given route has an issue. It is set to true if any service has an issue or false if everything is running on time

2. Updated user UI to improve display on the Devices screen. The status icon now reflects the current status of the route - e.g. Red dot - delays or cancellations, Green dot - everything on track and Grey dot - excluded from updates (device configuration option) or waiting for an update from Network Rail.

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.14.17.png
    New status icons
    Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.14.17.png (264.91 KiB) Viewed 5616 times

3. State message on Devices screen now displays explanatory text reflecting the overall route status

4. Improved performance

Let me know if you have any problems with the new install, manual or faqs

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
colinpartridge offline

Re: LATEST version 0.3.03 - minor feature upgrade

Great plugin, spent a little time getting the python dependancies sorted but all good. The only thing which looks odd at the moment is that the time generated state appears to be an hour earlier than expected. I can't imagine Southern Rail to be able to predict their trains are only going to be late by three minutes an hour ahead of time.

Cheers

Colin

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:04 pm
Chameleon offline

Good spot Colin - new version 0.3.05 released which fixes this

Mike

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:20 pm
colinpartridge offline

Speedy Update Mike that appears to have fixed it.

Colin

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:53 pm
mwoodage offline

Hi Mike,
Sorry to post another problem! I've lost the pictures for adding into control pages.
It was all working fine, and then i decided to add another route - Reading to Exeter St Davids and added it in the normal way, however no pictures appeared. So i've tried assorts to get them to appear, including deleting all the other pics and txt. However that has left me with no pictures :( . Again i've tried restarting the app and going through all the routes again, but i'm still not getting any pictures - oops.

Help please :D

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:12 pm
Chameleon offline

mwoodage wrote:
Hi Mike,
Sorry to post another problem! I've lost the pictures for adding into control pages.
It was all working fine, and then i decided to add another route - Reading to Exeter St Davids and added it in the normal way, however no pictures appeared. So i've tried assorts to get them to appear, including deleting all the other pics and txt. However that has left me with no pictures :( . Again i've tried restarting the app and going through all the routes again, but i'm still not getting any pictures - oops.

Martin

If you look in the folder /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Logs you should find a text file called NationalErrors.log. Can you open the file in TextEdit and then cut and paste the contents to me? It should let me know what's going on.

BTW - Are you now getting no images at all, for any maps? If that's the case, check the image file location in the Configuration Screen (Plugins/iTravel/Configuration) to make sure it's the same. Also just check if you asked images to be produced in the same place.

Otherwise - send me the log and I'll see what I can do.

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:19 pm
Chameleon offline

mwoodage wrote:
Hi Mike,

On reflection it's calling an error and we do need to see what that is - However,...

One last thing... Did you put an apostrophe in the device name (as it's Exeter St David's). That can cause an issue as well. That said, if you've removed the device it should, after a min or so, correct itself and start creating files again.

Let me see the log if changing it to Exeter St Davids (no apostrophe) doesn't work.

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:21 pm
Chameleon offline

Chameleon wrote:
mwoodage wrote:
Hi Mike,

On reflection it's calling an error and we do need to see what that is - However,...

One last thing... Did you put an apostrophe in the device name (as it's Exeter St David's). That can cause an issue as well. That said, if you've removed the device it should, after a min or so, correct itself and start creating files again.

Let me see the log if changing it to Exeter St Davids (no apostrophe) doesn't work.

Regards

Mike

I've just created the route and it's working for me - without the apostrophe :-)

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 21.20.06.png
Exeter St Davids Timetable
Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 21.20.06.png (52.54 KiB) Viewed 5527 times

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:25 pm
mwoodage offline

Hi Mike,
No problem, here's a copy of the error log

Cheers
Martin
Last edited by mwoodage on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:35 pm
mwoodage offline

Hi Mike,
No apostrophe in Exeter St Davids - pic below
Attachments
Train.tiff
Train.tiff (245.5 KiB) Viewed 5513 times

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:38 pm
mwoodage offline

Me again, this is all i'm getting in the file:-
Attachments
Train 2.tiff
Train 2.tiff (134.06 KiB) Viewed 5513 times

Posted on
Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:23 am
Chameleon offline

mwoodage wrote:
Hi Mike,
No problem, here's a copy of the error log

Cheers
Martin

Martin

Can't see the log file. I don't think you can attach text files to posts in the forum so you'll have to open it and paste the contents into a new post.

The folder where the log file is will be:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Logs

The file is called nationRailErrors.log (or something like that) and it's a standard text file. If you open the file using TextEdit (/Applications/TextEdit) you'll see a list of errors that are causing the problem. It'll probably repeat the same error again and again so you only need to copy and paste the first part of the file so I get the context. Once I can see the errors I'll be able to isolate and fix/trap the problem. It won't be anything too difficult I'm sure. Just copy the information into a new post on this forum and I'll look it through.

If the file is blank, please disable the plugin then reenable it and let it run for about 10 mins. (every time you restart the plugin it automatically restarts the error log losing previous data) Then the errors should appear in the log. It worked before so I'm sure we'll get it to work again. It's something I've missed in the code.

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:21 pm
mwoodage offline

Hi Mike, sorry for the late reply, its been a busy day at work.

Here's the log file, there is an error that keeps coming up, this is repeated throughout the log.

30/08/2016 22:14:36.075 iconservicesagent[281]: -[ISGenerateImageOp generateImageWithCompletion:] Failed to composit image for descriptor <ISBindingImageDescriptor: 0x7fa0d161a220>.
30/08/2016 22:14:36.076 quicklookd[77418]: Error returned from iconservicesagent: (null)
30/08/2016 22:14:38.767 iconservicesagent[281]: -[ISGenerateImageOp generateImageWithCompletion:] Failed to composit image for descriptor <ISBindingImageDescriptor: 0x7fa0d161b540>.

Is that enough info?

Cheers
Martin

Posted on
Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:40 am
Chameleon offline

mwoodage wrote:
Hi Mike, sorry for the late reply, its been a busy day at work.

Here's the log file, there is an error that keeps coming up, this is repeated throughout the log.

30/08/2016 22:14:36.075 iconservicesagent[281]: -[ISGenerateImageOp generateImageWithCompletion:] Failed to composit image for descriptor <ISBindingImageDescriptor: 0x7fa0d161a220>.
30/08/2016 22:14:36.076 quicklookd[77418]: Error returned from iconservicesagent: (null)
30/08/2016 22:14:38.767 iconservicesagent[281]: -[ISGenerateImageOp generateImageWithCompletion:] Failed to composit image for descriptor <ISBindingImageDescriptor: 0x7fa0d161b540>.

Is that enough info?

Cheers
Martin

I've updated the plugin slightly. This should enable the graphics option to run again on your system.

I think this will be the issue you suddenly met

Regards

Mike

Page 1 of 1