[LOCKED] Latest version - ALPHA Release 0.2.05

Posted on
Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:23 am
Chameleon offline

[LOCKED] Latest version - ALPHA Release 0.2.05

Hi all

The ALPHA release of the Indigo 6 plugin iTravel is now available for download.

I strongly recommend that you read the iTravel Manual and iTravel FAQ before attempting to install this plugin. There are a couple of things that you must do before the plugin will operate on your system and the manual contains step-by-step instructions to prepare your system.

This is an ALPHA release with all that entails. This means that there may (actually probably will) be bugs, issues and installation problems we have to resolve. This is the nature of ALPHA testing because I can't check every possible system configuration, set up or application from my development test system. I don't believe that installation of PILLOW or the plugin would have any lasting effects on your system but I'd make sure I'd taken a backup (probably using Time Capsule or something similar) before I started messing around. Any problems you get without taking a backup are entirely yours. However, a number of people have already tried the installation process and I haven't had any issues yet - but there's always a first time :|

I've provided an ALPHA topic under the iTravel forum (http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=171) for your feedback, comments, issues, questions and motivational words. Please use this forum rather than PMing me as other Alpha users will want to learn from your experiences and this is the best way of doing it. There isn't any personal information held in the plugin so I think you'll be secure and happy with this approach.

The latest Manual and FAQ can be found here:

These documents cover all of the functionality, examples of use and how to install the plugin. You'll find that you'll need to do a couple of things before you can get the plugin working - install a python library called PILLOW (Python Imaging Library - used to create images for control pages) and get yourself a FREE Network Rail API. Instructions on how to do this preparation is contained in the manual as a step by step guide.

You can load the latest version (0.2.05) of the plugin from here:

Have fun and let me know how you get on...

Here's a typical departure board output from one of my control pages - you can find more examples in the Manual.

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 13.31.59.png
Typical Departure Board
Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 13.31.59.png (72.11 KiB) Viewed 3070 times

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:26 am
mwoodage offline

Re: Latest version - ALPHA Release 0.2.05

Hi Mike,
Thanks for uploading the plugin, i've fallen at the first hurdle, i can't get to the Configuration page up.

I've installed the plugin, but when i open plugins/itravel - all i get are the options to Disable, Reload & about itravel V0.205

I'm confident i've installed Pillow correctly and i'm ready with my Network Rail account details but can't access the right screen.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Martin

Posted on
Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:36 am
Chameleon offline

mwoodage wrote:
Hi Mike,
Thanks for uploading the plugin, i've fallen at the first hurdle, i can't get to the Configuration page up.

I've installed the plugin, but when i open plugins/itravel - all i get are the options to Disable, Reload & about itravel V0.205

I'm confident i've installed Pillow correctly and i'm ready with my Network Rail account details but can't access the right screen.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Martin

First of all try disable first, make sure it stops and then enable again. If that doesn't work then do the same thing again, watching the indigo log, and then

Check the folder:

[url]/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Logs[/url]

and look for a file called NationalRailErrors.txt (or something like that). You can open the file in Text Editor.

If you could send me a copy of the file contents (cut and paste) and the indigo log file I might be able to see what happening.

Thanks - I'll look at it later tonight when I get back

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:20 pm
mwoodage offline

Hi Mike,
I've checked the folder and there is no NationalRailErrors.txt, just my standard log files.
I did however delete everything and try installing the plugin again and got this message come up in the event log, does this give any clues?

Installing and enabling plugin iTravel v0.2.05
Loading plugin "iTravel 0.2.05"
Starting plugin "iTravel 0.2.05" (pid 10528)
iTravel You must install nredarwin before using this plugin - check forum for details
iTravel Error Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 53, in <module>
SystemExit: 0

Stopping plugin "iTravel 0.2.05" (pid 10528)

Cheers
Martin

Posted on
Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:47 pm
Chameleon offline

mwoodage wrote:
Hi Mike,
I've checked the folder and there is no NationalRailErrors.txt, just my standard log files.
I did however delete everything and try installing the plugin again and got this message come up in the event log, does this give any clues?

Installing and enabling plugin iTravel v0.2.05
Loading plugin "iTravel 0.2.05"
Starting plugin "iTravel 0.2.05" (pid 10528)
iTravel You must install nredarwin before using this plugin - check forum for details
iTravel Error Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 53, in <module>
SystemExit: 0

Stopping plugin "iTravel 0.2.05" (pid 10528)

Cheers
Martin

I think that issue is resolved.... please install version 0.2.07 from the forum topic

Ta

Mike

Posted on
Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:59 pm
mwoodage offline

sorry Mike, i'm being stupid - where can i find the new version?

Posted on
Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:03 pm
Chameleon offline

mwoodage wrote:
sorry Mike, i'm being stupid - where can i find the new version?

Sorry Martin it's me not you! I got distracted so I didn't upload the new version until now which was after my reply to your message. So you wouldn't be able to find it :roll:

You'll find there's a new topic about version 0.2.07 that I've just uploaded which contains a link to the new plugin.

Good luck

Mike

p.s. We're getting closer I promise!

Page 1 of 1