IFTTT Action plugin

Posted on
Tue May 31, 2016 5:10 am
peteinau offline

Re: IFTTT Action plugin

Hi,

I've been using the plugin on one of my servers fine with no issues at all so for that all thank you very much! But when I've gone to install it on a second one I'm getting the following message in the log:

IFTTT Action Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 96, in send
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 920, in request
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 957, in _send_request
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 914, in endheaders
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 786, in _send_output
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 745, in send
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 1118, in connect
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/socket.py", line 547, in create_connection
<class 'socket.gaierror'>: [Errno 8] nodename nor servname provided, or not known

Weirdly it works on and off and I'm not quite sure why. Any ideas?

Posted on
Tue May 31, 2016 11:47 am
Different Computers offline

Glad this popped up to the top of new posts. This plugin is sure simpler than making Indigo execute a custom curl script for each interaction!

This is going to let me use Indigo to completely control my remaining non-Hue Zigbee lights. But oh how I yearn for IFTTT to be able to talk to Indigo!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:32 pm
rycardo offline

Hey,

Great PlugIn!

I'd like to request an enhancement. Being able to place either a variable or device state in value1, value2, or value3.

So instead of entering static text in one of the values, we could put %%v:29842%% or %%d:24242:onOffState%% (those are by memory, so if I have the format wrong please excuse me).

Thanks for the plugin, it's extremely helpful!!

Rycardo

Posted on
Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:28 am
jmdraper offline

Hi Rycardo

I've not had a chance to test it yet but the v0.2 version now available at the original download link at the top of this thread should now allow you to use substitutions. From the code it looks to me as though it should have already allowed variable substitution but not device state substitution (although I never actually tried using it with variable subs myself). It *should* now support both but as I say big caveat I've not had a chance to test it yet and won't for another couple of days. But if you test it in the meantime please let me know how it goes!

Jon

Posted on
Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:41 am
jmdraper offline

Right, I've had a chance to test it now and after fixing a couple more bugs, v0.32 on the original download link at the top of this thread now offers both variable and device state substitution syntax in both the event name and the values passed.

Posted on
Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:17 pm
rycardo offline

Hey,

I just returned from holiday, and getting settled back in. I'll check it out, thanks for adding that.

Posted on
Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:59 pm
rycardo offline

Hey jmdraper,

Please pardon the delayed response.

I'v installed the update, and variable and device substitutions work great.

Thanks much for the update.

Rycardo

Posted on
Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:34 pm
Brendan offline

Hey, I'm just trying out this plugin for the first time. It doesn't seem to be reaching IFTTT at all.

I've triple-checked the Maker channel API key. There are no spaces in my event names. I've tried values with and without substitutions.

I can confirm the Maker side is set up correctly because I have the Control4 IFTTT plugin successfully sending messages to the same recipe. I've even tried using curl to send messages directly from the same machine that's running Indigo, just to make sure that machine can reach IFTTT. That worked just fine.

It's just this plugin that for some reason isn't sending out the message. There's no debug option, so I can't see what it's trying to do, short of modifying the plugin…

Any ideas?

Posted on
Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:27 pm
Brendan offline

Hm. Somehow *one* of my many requests got through, but I can't tell how that one was any different than the rest. :?

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:52 pm
jhaley007 offline

Cant seem to get this working. Is the App API Key in indigo the entire URL found under IFTTT Maker Settings?>

Thanks,

John

Posted on
Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:04 pm
jmdraper offline

Hi John

Sorry for the delayed response. IFTTT seem to have changed the way they display the API key on their website since I last looked. No, you don't need the whole URL, just the bit after the final /

So if the URL shown on the Maker Settings page is: https://maker.ifttt.com/use/blahblahblah

then your API key is blahblahblah

Jon

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:29 am
scifitechguy offline

Hi Jon,

Your plugin was working beautifully under Indigo 6 on Mac OS ( 10.6.8 ). But ever since upgrading to Indigo 7 on El Capitan (10.11.6), the IFTTT Action plugin behaves erratically - sometimes it triggers the IFTTT Maker service, and sometimes it doesn't. I spent several hours yesterday troubleshooting, and isolated the failed execution to the plugin communication with the IFTTT Maker service. Using the Maker key and URL with my event name, I can fire the Maker channel service 100% of the time from a web browser. So it doesn't appear to be a Maker response problem. But when I try to manually execute an Indigo 7 trigger using the IFTTT Action plugin, I get variable results on a Mac Mini running OS X El Capitan (10.11.6). I love the ability to tie any Indigo actions to any downstream service using IFTTT. Any insight on fixing this would be greatly appreciated!

-Rick

Posted on
Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:50 am
jonisthinking offline

Hi Rick

I'm afraid I'm not going to much help here. I am not much of a programmer myself, having cobbled together this plugin based very heavily on another plugin for Pushover. A cursory search to see if anything obvious had changed in terms of the Maker channel API didn't turn anything up. The only thing I can think of is if something to do with the change in Python version from Indigo 6 to 7 had any effect. But I don't really know if it could have done it if so, what to do about it. I will do a bit of testing to see if I can reproduce the error but I only use the plugin myself for a fairly infrequent integration so I've not actually seen the issue myself.

Hopefully someone else on this forum with greater knowledge than I can help us out!

Jon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:09 am
rycardo offline

Hey Rick,

I don't know if this will address your issue, but I have found that IFTTT recipes or applets can now take up to an hour to happen. As you create some applets it even says on the web page. Maybe your applet is being queued, and not happening as quickly as it used to. I don't know if they slowed down my account because I use so many, or if this is happening everything, but it's something I can easily track with triggers and variables.

scifitechguy wrote:
Hi Jon,

Your plugin was working beautifully under Indigo 6 on Mac OS ( 10.6.8 ). But ever since upgrading to Indigo 7 on El Capitan (10.11.6), the IFTTT Action plugin behaves erratically - sometimes it triggers the IFTTT Maker service, and sometimes it doesn't. I spent several hours yesterday troubleshooting, and isolated the failed execution to the plugin communication with the IFTTT Maker service. Using the Maker key and URL with my event name, I can fire the Maker channel service 100% of the time from a web browser. So it doesn't appear to be a Maker response problem. But when I try to manually execute an Indigo 7 trigger using the IFTTT Action plugin, I get variable results on a Mac Mini running OS X El Capitan (10.11.6). I love the ability to tie any Indigo actions to any downstream service using IFTTT. Any insight on fixing this would be greatly appreciated!

-Rick

Posted on
Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:21 am
jmdraper offline

Whilst looking into this, I see that IFTTT now offer a paid Partner tier at $199 per month and soon to offer a new 'Maker tier' as well, though that's not launched yet so not clear what that offers.

But it looks like Indigo could pay $199 per month to have a proper Indigo channel on IFTTT. What about it Matt or Jay? Could this be a feature that could be included in an Indigo Up to Date subscription?