Yamaha RX Plugin - a/v receiver control

Posted on
Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:00 pm
BenX10 offline

Re: Yamaha RX Plugin - a/v receiver control

Hi Alejandro,

I see, Chad's version doesn't work with my Yamaha because of too different command sets. So give my version a try, PM your e-mail address and I'll send it.

Cheers,
Ben

Posted on
Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:02 pm
Betacruxis offline

Great!
This could be the answer.
Please email me at:

betacruxis@gmail.com

Thanks!

Posted on
Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:35 pm
Ramias offline

Getting a whole bunch of device "state key X not defined (ignoring update request)"; errors

Using the files from the bernd-blazynski branch on Github, but I had to manually copy them in; I'm still pretty new at this.

I have the Yamaha HTR-7065 receiver. That's the Costco version of another model.

It takes the same firmware as:

RX-A720_
RX-A820_
RX-V673_
RX-V773_
HTR-6065

Does anybody have a newer version of this plugin, or pointers I can use to try and debug it a bit?

Thanks

Posted on
Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:58 pm
BenX10 offline

Ramias,

Did you create a new device in Indigo for your receiver?

Cheers,
Ben

Posted on
Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:19 pm
Ramias offline

Danke!

That was the problem. Deleting and re-creating my first receiver resolved the issues I was seeing.

I then added a second receiver from a different room (but exact same model).

I get this one error line in the logs now when the plugin is (re)started:
Code: Select all
Nov 29, 2015, 8:17:40 PM
  Reloading plugin "Yamaha Rx Receiver 0.1.1"
  Stopping plugin "Yamaha Rx Receiver 0.1.1" (pid 89096)
  Yamaha Rx Receiver Debug        shutdown called
  Stopped plugin "Yamaha Rx Receiver 0.1.1"
  Starting plugin "Yamaha Rx Receiver 0.1.1" (pid 91418)
  Started plugin "Yamaha Rx Receiver 0.1.1"
  Yamaha Rx Receiver Debug        startup called
 [b] Yamaha Rx Receiver Error        exception in deviceStartComm(Stereo Yamaha Basement): 'Plugin' object has no attribute 'DebugLog'[/b]

I only noticed it after adding the second receiver. But it's not that big of a deal.

Thanks for the assist on this.

Posted on
Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:26 am
Ramias offline

Checking to see if anybody has added Zone2 control to Ben"s plugin.

Thanks

Posted on
Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:26 am
peteinau offline

Hi,

I'm getting the following error if someone know how to fix it?

Yamaha Rx Receiver Error Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 938, in deviceUpdated
File "plugin.py", line 42, in deviceStartComm
File "plugin.py", line 55, in updateStatus
File "plugin.py", line 20, in xmitToReceiver
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 391, in open
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 409, in _open
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 369, in _call_chain
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1181, in http_open
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1156, in do_open
<class 'urllib2.URLError'>: <urlopen error [Errno 61] Connection refused>

Thanks,
Pete

Posted on
Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:54 am
DaveL17 offline

Try rebooting your receiver by unplugging it from the mains. There are many reports here of receivers that will only allow one connection at a time, and rebooting in this way seems to help. It's best to remove power from the receiver as many keep their network connections open even when they're turned "off."

This doesn't get to the reason that caused the error in the first place, but it's a start.

Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:18 am
Different Computers offline

Long shot here as I realize this is not an RX series model, but this receiver on Woot right now is a great deal and would be tempting if it works with this plug in.

Yamaha TSR-5790BL 7.2 Channel A/V Receiver w/Bluetooth & WiFi Only $279!

Fingers crossed that Yamaha didn't reinvent the wheel when they changed lines and they used the same command set on the TSR series. Does anyone know?

Update: Woot says it is a "derivative model" of the Yamaha RX-V579BL. What does THAT mean?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:27 pm
Bleasel offline

Hi All

I have modified Ben's plugin (many thanks Ben & Chad) to get it to work with an RX-A1010 (Australian Version which does not support the Tuner - Radio Data System)

The following models share the same Function Tree (so it should work for them):

RX-A3010
RX-A2010
RX-A1010
RX-A810
RX-A710

RX-V3071
RX-V2071
RX-V1071
RX-V871
RX-V771
RX-V671

I have added basic control of "Party Mode" i.e. Toggle On/Off. Otherwise Zone 2 is not supported.

The file can be found as a branch on Chad's Github site.

https://github.com/Bleasel/indigo-yamaharx/tree/Bleasel

Posted on
Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:51 pm
spiv offline

Has anyone seen the error "RemID MisMatch" when trying to send IR commands to a Yamaha RX receiver?

This is displayed on the AVR front-panel itself. I have verified that the AVR is set to "RemID 01" and the physical/original handheld IR remote works without generating any errors.

Posted on
Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:55 am

The TSR-5790BL is on sale on Woot again, this time for $250.

It's Airplay compatible, wireless & ethernet and those things alone might be enough to get me to buy it. But if someone can confirm that it works with the Indigo plugin, I'll grab one. Any help?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:54 am

OK, so no one seems to have that model.

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to modify the plugin for a different Yamaha's control set? I see at least one person has done so.

Posted on
Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:46 am

Here's what Yamaha support said:

The TSR 5790 series uses the same web control command as the RX-V579.

Mike:thanks, that's very helpful. Is this generally true of the TSR series that have networking?

Femi:This is true.

Posted on
Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:19 pm
Ramias offline

Ok I took Ben's version and the party mode done by Bleasel and added in support for Zone 2. I don't know how to put it on GitHub but if somebody wants it let me know.

I had to comment out the code for European versions that gets artist and album info on FM radio because that's not support in the US. I believe Bleasel had to do that too but it was present in Ben's code so I did it there.