Control Page Keypad Plugin

Posted on
Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:52 am
howartp offline

Re: Control Page Keypad Plugin

Caper - suggest you remove the control #numbers from the log above.

It likely reveals the pattern to your security code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Coolcaper wrote:
key successsuccessVariableValue not found in dict

Whelp, you found a bug in them thar plugin :). That's a big old typo and I just uploaded a version that corrects said oversight. See if that works for you any better and please let me know so I can put out an official release note on it :).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:52 pm
Coolcaper offline

howartp wrote:
Caper - suggest you remove the control #numbers from the log above.

It likely reveals the pattern to your security code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Thought about that initially but I left it in there for clarity. Removed now! :oops:

Posted on
Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:56 pm
Coolcaper offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Coolcaper wrote:
key successsuccessVariableValue not found in dict

Whelp, you found a bug in them thar plugin :). That's a big old typo and I just uploaded a version that corrects said oversight. See if that works for you any better and please let me know so I can put out an official release note on it :).

Thanks Colorado! Works good now!

Regards.

Posted on
Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:12 am
RedYuriPrime offline

Hi,

Discovery of the plugin to having it working in 20 minutes - something of a record for me. Great app and good documentation. Many thanks.

What I would really like to achieve is selectable access to control pages. This keypad gives a great front end to this, but is there any way of making loading a control page conditional - for example on a variable which has been set true by the keypad. The only way of loading control pages would seem to be using the client action on a control page button, and there is no opportunity to intercede with a condition first. Once this is achieved, the options are endless ... Anyone got a solution to this?

Regards,
Geoff

Z-wave system with 80+ devices, Indigo7 on a dedicated MacMini
Controlling lighting, heating, hotwater, security; but still a lot to learn ... :shock:

Posted on
Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:20 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

That would be nice but not possible to my knowledge to do that. I think there are a lot of things planned for 7.0 in the coming months - perhaps even some control pages stuff - but for now I don't think we can do that just yet.

Part of what you have to consider is that for the backend to control a front-end you have to take into account that there is only one backend but many front ends, so you have to be able to set variables like that to tell just ONE of the control page users it's OK to go someplace while telling another that it's not. That gets pretty tricky. I could do some creative stuff with frames and web plugins but the web plugins really haven't been documented enough for me to dig that deep into it yet.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:35 am
mlew offline

Firstly just want to say thanks for great plugin this has saved me a lot of hassle. I was using a screen jump method to deactivate my alarm and it was not ideal!

Have this working great and very pleased, just one question whats the easiest way of returning to main screen if code is entered correctly?

Thanks

Mark

Posted on
Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:40 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

mlew wrote:
whats the easiest way of returning to main screen if code is entered correctly?

I wish there were an easy answer to that question :(. Indigo doesn't have built-in facilities to allow the control page to automatically jump to another page conditionally so you would need to add a button to your control page to do that. I may, in the future, add a web plugin to allow you to this but for now it has to be manual.

The concept of the keypad was more to do things like disable your alarm or punch in a brightness or something like that. Changing pages is something on the roadmap for this plugin but not anything that I've gotten to just yet.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:58 am
mlew offline

thanks, it was more of a nice to have as works great as is thanks. at moment i have mapped the enter button to return me to previous screen as well as enter code, issue with that is if you enter it wrong it still jumps back.

Again thanks for great plugin.

Posted on
Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:11 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

One of the things I've considered is writing a single PHP script or something that can be added to the Indigo site that will process the input and force a redirect, it would be quite easy to implement I just haven't gotten to it yet. That would be the low end of adding the functionality as a proof of concept.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:59 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

It's been a while since I visited this plugin because I don't use control pages as much anymore and haven't needed to update this but I've officially submitted this to the plugin store mostly to get it out of the old plugin list system that Indigo used to use. There are a few bug fixes that were never published that are included in this release.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:53 pm
Gangotti offline

Is there a way to get the plugin to send values to a variable?

Posted on
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:11 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I'm not sure what you are trying to do but you can assign an action to a successful entry and have that action create or modify a variable.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:57 am
Umtauscher offline

Hi,

I am just trying that keypad out. It works really well in the Indigo app but very slow in a browser.
Is there anything I could do to speed it up in a browser?
Thanks
Wilhelm

Posted on
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:40 pm
Gangotti offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I'm not sure what you are trying to do but you can assign an action to successful entry and have that action create or modify a variable.

Sorry for the delayed response to your question, I have lots of free time now so....

Basically I am trying to create setpoints for the levels of my ceiling fans. I currently am using phantom x10 dimmers (dimmers in indigo with no hardware in the house) that the keypad sets the brightness on. I have one for the Low, Medium, and High setpoint. I then have a trigger that monitors a temperature sensor in the room. If there is any change in temperature it runs a script that compares the actual temperature to the brightness of the dimmer and adjusts the speed of the fan. the temp is above the high setpoint it switches the fan to high, if it is below the setpoint it switches to medium. The same happens for the other 2 setpoints and their speeds. The problem I am running into is the x10 dimmer in indigo is doing some weird rounding calculation that makes it skips numbers for example if I try to set the dimmer to a value of 70 indigo sets it to 69 this happens throughout the range of values on the dimmer, 72 becomes 73, 75 becomes 76 and so on. This makes it impossible to set the temperature setpoint to a value like 70, 72, or 75 (in the cases pointed out above) doing it with variables gave me the control but I have no way to use the control page keypad to change the variable. Here is the trigger script I am running if it helps explain it better

# Get the temperature value from the sensor and get the setpoint value from the setpoint device.
RoomTemp = indigo.devices[1770450782].sensorValue # ID of the Temperature device
RoomHighSetpoint = indigo.devices[1254352989].brightness # "Office Fans High Setpoint"
RoomMedSetpoint = indigo.devices[66589004].brightness # "Office Fans Medium Setpoint"
RoomLowSetpoint = indigo.devices[1388629990].brightness # "Office Fans Low Setpoint"

# Log the values and the calculation results:
calculation_resulth = RoomTemp - RoomHighSetpoint
indigo.server.log("{} - {} = {}".format(RoomTemp, RoomHighSetpoint, calculation_resulth))
calculation_resultm = RoomTemp - RoomMedSetpoint
indigo.server.log("{} - {} = {}".format(RoomTemp, RoomHighSetpoint, calculation_resultm))
calculation_resultl = RoomTemp - RoomLowSetpoint
indigo.server.log("{} - {} = {}".format(RoomTemp, RoomHighSetpoint, calculation_resultl))

#calculate the difference and check to see if it is greater or equal to 0
if (calculation_resulth) >= 0: # Difference is greater than 0, so turn on the device
indigo.speedcontrol.setSpeedIndex(731663956, value=3) # turns fan to High
elif (calculation_resulth) < 0 and (calculation_resultm) >= 0: # Difference is LESS than 0, so turn on the device
indigo.speedcontrol.setSpeedIndex(731663956, value=2) # turns fan to Med
elif (calculation_resultm) < 0 and (calculation_resultl) >= 0: # Difference is LESS than 0, so turn on the device
indigo.speedcontrol.setSpeedIndex(731663956, value=1) # turns fan to Low
elif (calculation_resultl) < 0: # Difference is LESS than 0, so turn on the device
indigo.speedcontrol.setSpeedIndex(731663956, value=0) # turns fan to Off