Osram Lightify

Posted on
Fri May 27, 2016 3:58 am
Coolcaper offline

Osram Lightify

Hi Nathan,

I recently purchased an Osram Lightify CLA60 Tunable White bulb which I have successfully added to the Hue hub and can also control it via the hub. In the plugin, it loads up the extra bulb (as indicated in the number of bulbs) but it does not show me the actual bulb in any of the Model types (except Hue Group which when selected caused indigo to stop responding!) so that I can add it to indigo. Is this bulb supported?

Regards

Edit: Enabled the debug and this is shown:

Hue Lights Debug Got response {u'11': {u'name': u'StudyO', u'swversion': u'V1.03.07', u'manufacturername': u'OSRAM', u'state': {u'on': True, u'colormode': u'ct', u'alert': u'none', u'reachable': True, u'bri': 254, u'ct': 234}, u'uniqueid': u'84:18:26:00:00:da:02:b3-03', u'type': u'Color temperature light', u'modelid': u'Classic A60 TW'}

Please let me know if you need anymore info.

Posted on
Fri May 27, 2016 5:02 am
Coolcaper offline

Re: Osram Lightify

Ok, further to reading the Hue Lights discussions, I managed to edit the supported devices file to add the light to the living whites and its working. Is there any way to change the colour temperature on these lights as they are tuneable from 2700-6500K?

Posted on
Fri May 27, 2016 12:17 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi.

Thanks for the information. It looks like you were able to get the light added to the Living Whites list. In order to change color temperature, it'd need to be in the standard Hue bulb list though as there's no specific list in the plugin code for devices that only support color temperature.

But, to make it easier for you (and anyone else using that bulb), I've added it to the correct list and posted new version 1.3.21. Just go to the original Hue Lights plugin announcement thread in this forum and download the new version then install (by double-clicking on it once it's downloaded). Your Osram light will appear in the Hue bulb list and you'll be able to send it color temperature commands. If you try sending it RGB or HSB command, you'll probably see an error in the log (or nothing at all will happen, depending on how the Hue hub responds).

Posted on
Fri May 27, 2016 12:23 pm
nsheldon offline

Version 1.3.21 Posted

• Added support for the Osram Lightify CLA60 Tunable White bulb.

Posted on
Fri May 27, 2016 10:05 pm
Coolcaper offline

Thanks Nathan and you were right about the errors and it keeps on repeating:

Upgrading plugin Hue Lights to newer version 1.3.21 (previous version moved to trash)
Loading plugin "Hue Lights 1.3.21"
Starting plugin "Hue Lights 1.3.21" (pid 33929)
Started plugin "Hue Lights 1.3.21"
Hue Lights Loaded 11 lights.
Hue Lights Loaded 9 groups.
Hue Lights Error exception in deviceStartComm(Study Light): 'hue'
Z-Wave received "Pantry Sensor" status update is on
Hue Lights Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 686, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 2333, in getBulbStatus
KeyError: 'hue'

Hue Lights Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Hue Lights Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

28 May 2016, 12:01:51
Z-Wave received "Pantry Sensor" status update is off
Trigger Pantry Off
Sent Hue Lights "Pantry Light" off at ramp rate 0.0 sec.

Maybe best to add it back to the Living whites and then use the app to change temperature.

Posted on
Fri May 27, 2016 10:24 pm
nsheldon offline

Ugh. Yea. Sorry about that. Since I don't have any way of testing new devices with the plugin, it's not always possible to predict how the hub will respond when interacting with the new models of lights, and that leads to plugin execution errors. As a quick fix, you can make the change yourself to put the model ID back in the Living Whites list until I release an update that makes the fix.

Posted on
Fri May 27, 2016 10:57 pm
Coolcaper offline

Did exactly that. Thanks!

Posted on
Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:03 pm
nsheldon offline

Version 1.3.22 Posted

• Fixed error when attempting to obtain device status from Osram CLA60 lights. Light now appears as a Living Whites bulb.
  • Improved light status gathering method to prevent plugin crashes if a light device doesn't have an expected property.

Posted on
Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:50 am
Coolcaper offline

Thanks Nathan! Upgraded. Haven't seen any errors yet.

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:17 pm
geraldS offline

Hi Nathan,

i have added 2 additional Osram Lightify products to the supported devices file:
LIGHTIFY Flex RGBW
LIGHTIFY CLASSIC A60 RGBW

maybe you can add it into the official plugin in a future release.

Thanks!
Gerald

changes to supportedDevices.py:

# Classic A60 RGBW = Osram Lightify CLA60 RGBW
# Flex RGBW = Osram Flex RGBW

# (compatible Hue bulb devices) Color and Color Temperature
kHueBulbDeviceIDs = ['LCT001', 'LCT002', 'LCT003', 'LCT007', 'LCT010', 'LCT011', 'LCT014', 'LLC010', 'LLM001', 'HBL001', 'HBL002', 'HBL003', 'HEL001', 'HEL002,' 'HIL001', 'HIL002', 'FLS-PP3', 'Classic A60 RGBW']
# (compatible Ambiance devices) Color Temperature only
kAmbianceDeviceIDs = ['LLM010', 'LLM011', 'LLM012', 'LTW001', 'LTC003', 'LTW004', 'LTW013', 'LTW014', 'HML001', 'HML002', 'HML003', 'HML004', 'HML005', 'HML006']
# (compatible LivingColors devices) Color only
kLivingColorsDeviceIDs = ['LLC001', 'LLC006', 'LLC007', 'LLC011', 'LLC012', 'LLC013', 'LLC014', 'LLC020']
# (compatible LightStrips devices) Color only on LST001. Color and Color Temperature on LST002.
kLightStripsDeviceIDs = ['LST001', 'LST002', 'Flex RGBW']

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:53 pm
nsheldon offline

Sure! I'll include them in the next releae. Thanks for sharing.

Posted on
Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:45 pm
jphauck offline

Hi Nathan -

I just purchased a new home and am very excited about expanding things I am doing with Indio, Hue etc. I see the strings here about the OSRAM garden lights. I see that you can use the hue hub to manage them as well. Would you suggest a separate hub? or are you planning any support for the OSRAM gateway? I see so many potential opportunities with the RGB lights, light strips even under my new deck railing.

You know I love everything about what you make, so I hope you have some guidance for me.

Jim

Jim H.
Concord, CA

Posted on
Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:52 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi Jim.

Congratulations on the new home.

I don't personally have any experience with the Osram lights, so I can't make any recommendations. I have no plans to expand support beyond the Hue hub (I.e. No Osram hub support is planned). If the Osram lights can be controlled by the Hue hub and have a model ID, the Hue Lights plugin can be updated to control them. Unfortunately, you won't know if a light reports a model ID until after you've paired the light with the Hue hub, or ask others on the forum if they have the same model light.

Posted on
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:08 pm
dz1rfj offline

I bought and received Osram lightify strips this morning. I immediately fired up my friends of hue app, and did a touchlink, and surprised the lights blinked after about 30 seconds, indicating they were located.

So, I proceeded to open my hue app to see the new lights, as I did not have the upgraded version of friends of hue app, ooops, Phillips pushed an update. :x After this update, it appears I can not include my osram lightify lights onto Hue.

As of 8/12/2017, is this true, and if so, any simple workaround ?

I have more lightify strips en route, and hate to think I need to use the OSRAM gateway.

If I have no choice, how will I connect this osram gateway to indigo?

Thanks!

Thanks
-Brian

Posted on
Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:10 pm
nsheldon offline

Hello.

So if I understand correctly, you can't see the Osram lights in the Hue app on your iOS or Android device, correct? If you aren't able to get the Hue hub to recognize the Osram lights, I'm not sure how to get them to work. You may need to do some additional googling to find that answer. I'm not aware of any recent changes to how the Hue hub works with 3rd party ZigBee lights. I'm also not aware of how others with Osram hubs are getting it to work with Indigo. Perhaps others on the forum will have more information for you.