Hue Lights showing "disconnected" but still respond

Posted on
Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:01 pm
Different Computers offline

Hue Lights showing "disconnected" but still respond

Anyone seen this?

I have some GE Link bulbs connected through my Hue hub. Suddenly today Indigo says they're "disconnected" but when I send them commands through Indigo, the bulbs respond.

Status requests give me a mixed bag:

Sent Hue Lights "Patio Spot" status request (received: 100)
Sent Hue Lights "Patio Spot" off at ramp rate 1.0 sec.
Sent Hue Lights "Rear Corner Spot" off at ramp rate 0.0 sec.
Sent Hue Lights "Rear Corner Spot" status request (received: 0)
Sent Hue Lights "Rear Corner Spot" status request (received: 0)
Sent Hue Lights "Rear Corner Spot" on to 100 at ramp rate 0.3 sec.
Sent Hue Lights "Rear Corner Spot" status request (received: 100)

All this, yet still "disconnected" in the main window of Indigo.

Weirdly and notably, it's not ALL my GE Links, and it's not NONE of my Hue lights.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:50 am

Re: Hue Lights showing "disconnected" but still respond

Nobody? This is still happening, and what light it is changes all the time, but just things connected to my Hue Bridge.

@nsheldon, any ideas?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:37 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

[MODERATOR NOTE] one reason you may not be getting any response is that you're not posting in the plugin's forum (I just moved it). Please make sure you're posting device/protocol specific issues in the appropriate forum.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 pm
nsheldon offline

Thanks for moving the thread Jay. You're right. I had no idea about the posting as I didn't see it in any of the forums or discussions I monitor.

To answer the question regarding the "disconnected" status, the Hue Lights plugin will show a "disconnected " status only when the Hue hub itself indicates that the light's "reachable" status is "false". This doesn't necessarily meant the light is always unreachable, just that the hub is having difficulty maintaining regular communication with that light. The Hue app on your iPhone will show a similar warning for those lights with an exclamation point next to the light name in the lights list.

This almost always indicates radio interference of some kind. Try moving the Hue hub away from other elrctronics. Or change its orientation (vertical or horizontal). Try relocating the hub to a different room if possible. Try changing the ZigBee channel in the Hue app settings. One or more of those changes should help. At least they have for me in the past when I saw the same issue.

Posted on
Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Thanks for moving it.

I notice that every now and then I am logged in, but can't reply to existing topics. I think that's what happened here.

And I'll try moving the hub. It was already something I was attempting to figure out how to do.

Page 1 of 1