INSTEON MorningLinc

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:36 am
robb18 offline

Re: INSTEON MorningLinc

According to the Smarthome site, the new INSTEON 2862-222 LOCK CONTROLLER can control multiple locks with a single controller. How would that work with Indigo setup? How would you specify which door you want to lock or unlock?

Thanks,

Rob

http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-2862-222-lock-controller.html

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:52 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I don't believe it can controls multiple locks independently. So to Indigo it would be just the single device and turning it ON or OFF controls all the locks associated with the controller.

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:53 am
brianlloyd offline

So, it appears that the Insteon Lock Controller can control multiple locks but only to put them all in the same state, e.g. lock them all or unlock them all at the same time. (At least that is what I have been able to glean from this thread and reading the SmartHome site. Can anyone confirm this? I need to control three locks -- front door, back door, garage -- and I might be able to live with making them all run off the same control object. If I want to run them separately then I would need multiple 2862-222's.

BTW, has anyone determined if there is any security on the link or are we just depending on security through obscurity? I live in a very low crime area and don't worry too much about locked doors but still I would like my system to be as secure as possible.

And could someone confirm that, as far as Indigo goes, the 2862-222 talking to an MiLocks lock is the way to go?

Thanks!

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:55 am
Bollar offline

brianlloyd wrote:
And could someone confirm that, as far as Indigo goes, the 2862-222 talking to an MiLocks lock is the way to go?

It's really the only choice until/if/when Indigo support ZWave locks.

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:59 am
brianlloyd offline

Thanks. That was what I had been able to deduce from the postings but it can be hard to find everything due to the volume of information.

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:06 am
johnpolasek offline

The Vera Bridge DOES work for Z-wave locks and allows you to monitor and control them individually, both from Indigo and Mios, But I keep hoping somebody will be able to convince Kwikset to provide a linkage to their Kevo Plus gateway; the kevos are the clear winners in convenience in my book, but their remote UI is garbage.

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:50 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

brianlloyd wrote:
So, it appears that the Insteon Lock Controller can control multiple locks but only to put them all in the same state, e.g. lock them all or unlock them all at the same time. (At least that is what I have been able to glean from this thread and reading the SmartHome site. Can anyone confirm this? I need to control three locks -- front door, back door, garage -- and I might be able to live with making them all run off the same control object. If I want to run them separately then I would need multiple 2862-222's.

I'm 99% sure that is correct – you need additional controllers for each lock you want to be able to independently control.

Posted on
Fri May 12, 2017 9:08 am
captcurrent offline

Re: INSTEON MorningLinc --- old style 2450 with key fob

I had a three layer system that worked pretty good for years. Recently the controllers died

Since all things I buy instead seem have about a 4 year life I figured that it was the 2450 and tried to switch key fobs between my working 2450

Since I couldn't synch an of the "bad" key fobs using the proven good 2450.. my assumption is its the key fob

seem kind of wierd. Any thoughts ?

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:08 pm
akimball offline

This double linking process must be re-executed when you replace the PLM. I got my 2862-222 door-lock controllers working again, thanks to this information.

I’m confused though about the recent addition of the “lock/unlock” commands. After executing the double relinking, none of my three insteon lock controllers (one old style, two new style) appear as an option in the Indigo Lock or Unlock commands. The list of lock controllers is <null>.

Are these commands for other types of lock controllers, but not insteon?

-Al

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:02 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Matt hasn't changed that device type to be a lock. My guess is that since it doesn't report it's current state (it's really a command only device akin to a RemoteLinc) that making it an Indigo lock device, where state is quite important, would result in a less than optimal user experience.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:24 pm
domlazar offline

INSTEON MorningLinc

I have a new lock controlled by morningLinc RF controller, firmware 42 (I2CS engine) on my new house. (already had one on previous house, with no issue). Curiously as soon I have power outage the door lock goes in opposite positon. As well, batteries get low pretty early, I have to change them every 3 months. Does someone already have this kind of issue?

Mac OS Montery 12.2.1 macmini
Indigo Pro 2021.2
Powerlinc 2413U

Posted on
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:00 pm
brianlloyd offline

You get three months to a set of batteries? Wow! I get only one month. That has prompted me to remove all my MiLocks locks and replace them with Schlage Z-Wave locks. Not having lock state was another factor.

Posted on
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:04 pm
akimball offline

brianlloyd wrote:
You get three months to a set of batteries? Wow! I get only one month. That has prompted me to remove all my MiLocks locks and replace them with Schlage Z-Wave locks. Not having lock state was another factor.

I have 3 Mi-Locks. I’m getting about 1.5 years between battery replacements using Energizer Ultimate L91 type AA lithium’s. I get 3 to 5 months on amazon, sony, or harbor freight batteries.

-Al

Posted on
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:18 pm
kw123 offline

It depends how often you open / close the doors

Mine are 2-7 months depending on usage with amazon batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:24 pm
akimball offline

kw123 wrote:
It depends how often you open / close the doors

Mine are 2-7 months depending on usage with amazon batteries

This is true. But, I’ve discovered the L91 batteries through Nest Protect recommendations; they’re the only battery Nest recommends for their battery powered fire alarms.

So I started using them in my insteon hidden door sensors and Mi-Locks and discovered I’m replacing batteries half as much.

....yes, L91’s do cost twice as much. :D

-Al