ZoneGroupName not updating?

Posted on
Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:09 pm
Londonmark offline

ZoneGroupName not updating?

Hi Nick,

I've upgraded to the last version and trying SoCo. Seems good, but some of my scripts for dealing with grouped players have gone wrong. To be honest, I think I had an overly complicated way of doing things before, so was looking for something simpler. ZoneGroupName looks promising - if it has a "+" in it, then it's the master of the group; if it's blank then it's a slave; and if it's got a name but no "+" then it's a standalone player.

That's the theory at least. Unfortunately, the field doesn't seem to update when I change the grouping of a player. I currently have a MasterBedroom player as part of my Kitchen group (along with two other players. ZoneGroupName for Kitchen is Kitchen +3, but ZoneGroupName for MasterBedroom is MasterBedroom. For the other two players in the group (which were part of the group before I reloaded the plugin) ZoneGroupName is blank as I would expect.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks as ever,

Mark

Posted on
Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:10 am
nlagaros offline

Re: ZoneGroupName not updating?

ZoneGroupName is a bit odd - I wouldn't trust it and I have a feeling Sonos may be deprecating that field at some point. It shouldn't really be blank -at least in my setup, the field consistently populates..

If you simply want to understand if a ZonePlayer is either standalone / master of a group, then look at the state called GROUP_Coordinator. It is a true/false field. A value of true means that the ZonePlayer is a master or standalone player; false means that it is a slave ZonePlayer in a group.

Let me know if you want to do more - as in figure out which ZonePlayers are part of a group. You can parse through the state ZonePlayerUUIDsInGroup to figure out the mapping. I'm open to creating additional states that better depict group mappings if it would be useful. We would need to figure out a simple way to map that.

Londonmark wrote:
Hi Nick,

I've upgraded to the last version and trying SoCo. Seems good, but some of my scripts for dealing with grouped players have gone wrong. To be honest, I think I had an overly complicated way of doing things before, so was looking for something simpler. ZoneGroupName looks promising - if it has a "+" in it, then it's the master of the group; if it's blank then it's a slave; and if it's got a name but no "+" then it's a standalone player.

That's the theory at least. Unfortunately, the field doesn't seem to update when I change the grouping of a player. I currently have a MasterBedroom player as part of my Kitchen group (along with two other players. ZoneGroupName for Kitchen is Kitchen +3, but ZoneGroupName for MasterBedroom is MasterBedroom. For the other two players in the group (which were part of the group before I reloaded the plugin) ZoneGroupName is blank as I would expect.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks as ever,

Mark

Posted on
Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:46 am
Londonmark offline

Re: ZoneGroupName not updating?

Thanks. I've got the functionality I wanted now using group coordinator and it is working well.

One other minor point - artwork doesn't seem to be updating for slave players.

Page 1 of 1