Compatibility With Network Thermostats (company name)?

Posted on
Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:38 am
zeigh offline

Compatibility With Network Thermostats (company name)?

Hello,

Does anyone have knowledge of current or potential Indigo compatibility with Network Thermostats (that is the company name)? Here is their web site:

http://www.networkthermostat.com

I ask because I have two WaterFurnace geothermal central air conditioning units in my home. The electronics of their Intellizone zone controllers are so sensitive that they only recommend their thermostats for reliable operation. Unfortunately, they do not offer any smart thermostat models for the series 1 units and I have exhausted troubleshooting with several Ecobee products for the last four years. I am finally tired of spontaneous equipment failures at the worst possible times and my hopes that either company would find a solution are done. Remote access is just too important for me to settle for old fashioned thermostat control though.

A national expert in the HVAC industry has recommended Network Thermostats and personally uses them on his own geothermal system. This small company has a variety of cloud-based interfaces, platform software, and even has an open API. If I am going to jump over to this technology, it would be the icing on the cake if I could integrate it with Indigo also. This post is the first step in researching that possibility.

BTW, I have never dug into an API before, unless playing around with Arduino products counts.

Peace,
Dr. Z.

“Technological change is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.” (Albert Einstein, 1941),
Dr. Z.

Posted on
Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:13 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Compatibility With Network Thermostats (company name)?

Hi Dr. Z.,

I haven't heard of them (actually, they sound familiar but I don't recall anyone ever bringing them up on the forums before). If you decide to take a stab at a plugin, then you might want to look at some of the other WiFi thermostat plugins to get examples of how they do the IP communication, and also definitely take a look at the Indigo SDK which includes several stripped down (and commented) plugins including an example thermostat plugin.

Page 1 of 1