Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

Posted on
Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:27 am
nlagaros offline
Posts: 1590
Joined: Dec 20, 2010

Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

All,

I have finally made contact with Honeywell and am authorized to use their official API to build a plugin for Indigo. It's taken some time, discussions, and a bit of paperwork to get to this point -- and there is a process, so I don't have an ETA on the revamped plugin. I'm pretty excited to do things the right way with their hardware. I have my API key and am waiting for their help to connect one of my thermostats to the development environment.

More to come soon...

-Nick

Posted on
Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:20 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 14872
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

Awesome - I'll be moving to a new home late this year so that'll be a good time to look at new thermostats.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:31 pm
howartp offline
Posts: 3348
Joined: Jan 09, 2014
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

jay (support) wrote:
Awesome - I'll be moving to a new home late this year

We must be paying you too much. :-)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:26 pm
jalves offline
Posts: 484
Joined: Jun 16, 2013

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

Looking forward to this plug-in. :D

Running Indigo 7.2.0 on a 27" iMac (mid-2017), 40G memory, 1T Fusion Drive, OS X 10.13.6
Jeff

Posted on
Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:24 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 14872
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

howartp wrote:
jay (support) wrote:
Awesome - I'll be moving to a new home late this year

We must be paying you too much. :-)


New to me, that is. And, you're assuming I'm upsizing vs downsizing... :D

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:19 pm
durosity offline
User avatar
Posts: 3588
Joined: May 10, 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Ye Ol' England.

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

You're a Texan, 'downsizing' isn't in your vocabulary ;)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:54 pm
resnick offline
Posts: 45
Joined: Jan 18, 2015
Location: Urbana, IL

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

Hi Nick,

With the new API, are you still going to have to go through the Honeywell web site to talk to these thermostats, or is there some sort of more direct access? I'm going to have several Mitsubishi MHK1 thermostats with my new minisplit system, which I believe are Honeywell thermostats at core.

Also: Anything I can do to help, by way of testing or otherwise?

Thanks for your work on this.

Posted on
Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:04 am
nlagaros offline
Posts: 1590
Joined: Dec 20, 2010

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

Unfortunately not direct access to the thermostats. I am going to be using and api and event queue that communicates with the Total Connect Comfort servers. I'm not even close yet - I have a session with their developers today to review some issues I'm having. I figure I'm about 3 weeks out from having something to test.


If your thermostats work with the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort website, then this plugin should work when ready.

resnick wrote:
Hi Nick,

With the new API, are you still going to have to go through the Honeywell web site to talk to these thermostats, or is there some sort of more direct access? I'm going to have several Mitsubishi MHK1 thermostats with my new minisplit system, which I believe are Honeywell thermostats at core.

Also: Anything I can do to help, by way of testing or otherwise?

Thanks for your work on this.

Posted on
Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:20 pm
nlagaros offline
Posts: 1590
Joined: Dec 20, 2010

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

A quick update:

I've made progress and am about 80% complete with the new plugin. I have to work out event updates but will hopefully be through it in the next few days. If all goes well, I may have a production plugin next week. The official API is pretty responsive so I'm pretty excited to share this with my the Indigo community.

Posted on
Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:45 am
ACCRipon offline
Posts: 5
Joined: Nov 03, 2015

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

jay (support) wrote:
howartp wrote:
jay (support) wrote:
Awesome - I'll be moving to a new home late this year

We must be paying you too much. :-)


New to me, that is. And, you're assuming I'm upsizing vs downsizing... :D


Nah, we are paying him just right or a little below! :D

Posted on
Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:50 am
ACCRipon offline
Posts: 5
Joined: Nov 03, 2015

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

nlagaros wrote:
A quick update:

I've made progress and am about 80% complete with the new plugin. I have to work out event updates but will hopefully be through it in the next few days. If all goes well, I may have a production plugin next week. The official API is pretty responsive so I'm pretty excited to share this with my the Indigo community.


VERY nice! Looking forward to it also.

Staples has a great deal on the color RTH9580WF @ $119.00

Posted on
Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:28 am
wideglidejrp offline
User avatar
Posts: 448
Joined: Jan 15, 2012
Location: Danbury, CT

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

Nick, you are about to be my hero once again. While I was away for a few days, the condo I live in installed new dehumidifiers in all the units. They removed my Honeywell z-wave thermostat and replaced it with the Honeywell VisionPRO 8000 Touchscreen Programmable. It is a nice unit, but of course does not (yet) work with Indigo. I look forward to your new plugin.

John Patrick
Author of Home Attitude
http://johnpatrick.com

Posted on
Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:43 am
petematheson offline
Posts: 724
Joined: Sep 14, 2014
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

Looking forward to your updates on this one!

Posted on
Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:09 am
petematheson offline
Posts: 724
Joined: Sep 14, 2014
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

Hey Nick,

Just wondering how you are getting on with the new API's?
No updates for a while - assume you have hit some roadblocks !?

Posted on
Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:07 pm
nlagaros offline
Posts: 1590
Joined: Dec 20, 2010

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

Sorry guys -- I'm almost there. Just waiting for production api keys that work. I had a failed attempt this weekend. This should get sorted out in the next day or so. The plugin should then work out of the box for the Wifi 9580 thermostat. Once this is up and running, I'll look into integrating the Evohome models.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest